Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: PC Demo - .NET Framework Launch Issues - Consolidated Info Thread

PC Demo - .NET Framework Launch Issues - Consolidated Info Thread

Exclamation PC Demo - .NET Framework Launch Issues - Consolidated Info Thread

If you're like me, and getting the following error when launching the PC Demo, this thread is for you.

Microsoft .NET Framework

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
    The developers are already aware of this issue and are looking into it.

Temporary Solution:

Download these files and place them in your "Documents\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum Demo\BmGame\Config" folder

(Right Click Save As)
    http://www.glio.net/UserEngine.ini
    http://www.glio.net/UserInput.ini
    http://www.glio.net/UserGame.ini

If folder doesn't exist in the users document folder you need to create it.

Make sure you edit UserEngine.ini with your preferred resolution. Mine is:

ResX=1680
    ResY=1050

Once you've done all of this, run "ShippingPC-BmGame.exe" to play the game.

Updated with third required file, UserGame.ini

Mods, perhaps sticky this so other people having this problem can easily find it?

Thank you very much. that did worl. i wish i had seen this before i re-formated my computer

All credit goes to the dev's, they posted the solution earlier today.

I've tried to play the demo on my computer , everything works except it keeps telling me that there is no 'assigned key for strike' , so I get my ass kicked because I can't fight back .I've down loaded it onto our xbox360 and it works great , although I think the graphics look better on my pc .Any hints on assigning a key so I can play it on my pc??

Try downloading the UserInput.ini and UserGame.ini files above, they both have to do with key bindings and such.

no problems here, and i am on windows 7 32bit rc.

pc demo problem

can any of u help me,i can't play the demo.first, i downloaded it and click BMDemo_installer. then after a while,it has a little window comes out. when i click play game or game setup, it says the specified file are not found. how should i deal with it? i am very frustrated, please help me.

Fixed for me.

I just had to change line in UserEngine.ini
    Code:
    [Engine.Engine]
    PhysXLevel=1
    Language=int
    with Language=fra to have the game played in french

Originally Posted by indy831a
    can any of u help me,i can't play the demo.first, i downloaded it and click BMDemo_installer. then after a while,it has a little window comes out. when i click play game or game setup, it says the specified file are not found. how should i deal with it? i am very frustrated, please help me.
    I got a similar problem here. Installed the demo & when I started I had the .net framework error and some additional protection faults.
    Tried several solutions, reinstalled the demo, defragmented my HD, reinstalled .net framework & the replacement .ini files

Running XP home edition with 3 gig ram on intel Quad Core @2.66ghz & XFX GTX 260

Image:

Sure hope this will be fixed in the upcoming days, I'm dying to play the demo

robixxx: I have THE SAME problem like you. Identical! The same errors, the same screens, everything! I don't know what to do it.
    Rockstedy can't make a demo.
    B u n c h P r o d u c t i o n s

Yeah, I have the same problem too. Tried several solutions too, even delete and redownload the demo but...

Moreover, when I launch the "BmLauncher.exe", I got this :

So sad =(

Originally Posted by BunchProductions.pl
    robixxx: I have THE SAME problem like you. Identical! The same errors, the same screens, everything! I don't know what to do it.
    Rockstedy can't make a demo.
    with the millions of possible software combinations possible out in the public its not a surprise that someone somewhere has a problem, the sheer number of people NOT having an issue suggests its not something we could have predicted..

Rocksteady CAN make a demo and this demo is going down amazingly.

We are looking into those who cant run it and trying to fix this issue.
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Dear jaycw2309...

Please notice that.

FIRST OF ALL:

Why I have to install Demo in specific localization?
    Must it be hard drive disk where we have system Windows?
    I even can't change place for installing.
    WHY? Why you did this? Why I can't install this game where I want?
    I didn't have enough free space on that drive to install your demo. That's insane!

SECOND:

That shouldn't be surprising you. I am aware that people have many problems, bad configurations of computer etc, But not only my have this problem. Like all we can see - there is much moore users from this forum who also can that error. So?
    Mainly problems:

And of course:
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
    Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.

I try every way, every advice what I can find in this forum and notning helps.

So.... Rocksteady... PLEASE - do something
    How Can I buy a game if Demo makes a problem? I am afraid that full version will be the same so...? I didn't buy it and it will be waste of customer for you.

Dear jaycw2309...

Please notice that.

FIRST OF ALL:

Why I have to install Demo in specific localization?
    Must it be hard drive disk where we have system Windows?
    I even can't change place for installing.
    WHY? Why you did this? Why I can't install this game where I want?
    I didn't have enough free space on that drive to install your demo. That's insane!
    I don't think it's installing to the C:\ drive. It's just extracting the installation files which are temporary for installation. Plus if you don't have enough space on your HD for the demo, that's not a good sign, the demo is only 2 GB...

Free up some space on C:\ and re-extract the files, then you can pick a different place where it actually installs. I picked C:\Program Files\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum...

The demo extracts the installer to a temp folder. THEN it runs the installer.. If we let you choose where to extract the installer to then when you finished installing it WOULDNT automatically delete the files therefore you may not realise that 2GB of files are left behind when not needed. This was a decision made to ensure people dont complain that we're not keeping tidy files..

As for the rest we're working on solutions for the .net issue. Its not 100% at all so tracking down exact cause is very difficult

Hey. I know. I deleted many files and had to compress files on that disk to finish installing demo.
    I have about 1GB free space on system disk and in my opinion it's a good number.
    Of course, nobody suppose that DEMO can be 2GB! He-he. Of course I'm not angry with you about it because Batman Arkham Asylum is going to be a really fantastic game. So weight of the demo can be excused. But try to imagine how disappointed I am. First troubles with installing game, then game doesn't run! And the worst thing is that: I even don't know if i play demo on PC at all! I don't know if any tip from you will work.
    We are all time waiting for any patch to demo version or something. Hope the game run.

Have you tried the systemsrequirements site

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Have you tried the systemsrequirements site

Oooooh... Rocksteady... Please.....

Work for a patch or something, not try to solution our problem in that way...

interesting its list those cards as `recommended` when they actually closer to minimum, oh well..

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    interesting its list those cards as `recommended` when they actually closer to minimum, oh well..
    On reccomended card, values are the same. So, what a point?
    These are not closer to minimum.

5/6 is a "closer to minimum" for this guy - LOL

If you don't have enough space in your temp directory (typically the C drive), you can open the demo exe with winrar and manually extract he setup files wherever you like.

DEMO WORKS!!!
    Finally! I won that battle!

5 sec ago I run a demo!
    Now I back to the game, tomorrow I wrote how i did this!

DEMO WORKS!!!

5 sec ago I run a demo!
    Glad you have it working now, what did you do to get it to work?

DEMO WORKS!!!

5 sec ago I run a demo!
    write this!)

ps excuse me for my english 0_0

Page 1 of 2 12 Last