Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... Last

Thread: JD_Method presents Batman: Arkham Asylum's FIRST EVER MOD

JD_Method presents Batman: Arkham Asylum's FIRST EVER MOD

JD_Method presents Batman: Arkham Asylum's FIRST EVER MOD

Hey hey, kids. It's your friendly uncle JD. (See what I did there?)

I found a handy program that allowed me to grab textures literally at the touch of a button. So I knocked up a new Bat-suit. Not only does it look kinda cool, it also allowed me to claim the honour of making the first ever mod for the game.

So here it is:

Now, I know it could be improved. I need to make the gloves darker and the cape blacker, because currently it's still a bit blue. I'm trying to find the texture for it but no luck so far. This next picture shows the blue cape better.

Oh, and I also changed something when you fail at the Zsaz part.

So tell me what you think. Whether you love it, think it's just ok, or complete bollocks. I want to know.

EDIT:

This costume is now available to download for those that have the PC version.

First you need Texmod which you can download from here:

http://www.tombraiderhub.com/tr7/modding/index.html

Then download the costume here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6xnr4x

How to use it:

1. Open Texmod.exe

2. Under 'Target Application' find and select 'ShippingPC-BmGame.exe'. The default installation location is C:\Program Files\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum Demo\Binaries

3. Make sure Package Mode is selected and click the open file button. Find and select JD_First.tpf wherever you downloaded it.

4. You should now have 'ShippingPC-BmGame.exe' under Target Application, and JD_First.tpf in the Package Name list. Once you do, you can now click run and enjoy the new costume.

Note: The description says "New Joker Costume" but I only made minor alterations that are barely noticable. All that's changed is that his suit is more purple, his shirt more orange and his bow tie is blue. I was trying to make him look more like The Animated Series Joker but it didn't really do much.

Another Note: Any anti-virus software you have may detect Texmod as a virus. Don't worry - it's not. Just thought I'd point that out before people panic and delete Texmod and my costume before trying it.

One last note: You need to set the detail settings to very high, otherwise he'll have his original costume still.

lol nice I like what the joker says at the end.
    ALIAS the number 1 TV show!
    This is funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jicuL...eature=related

Gives him a Begins/TDK vibe. Very cool. Keep em mods coming! I wish I knew how to make those...And that last pic is hilarious!
    Put dat coookie dawwn!
    PSN: Rory_Initiative

success! proof that the game will be rather mod-friendly when it comes to skinning and stuff like that

So it grabs textures in game, instead of you finding the actual files for them? What program is it?

I really like det black outfit on batman ....hopefully there be some some new outfits as DLC on marketplace and psn....

That is blooming cool!

Originally Posted by purplerose1414
    So it grabs textures in game, instead of you finding the actual files for them? What program is it?
    Texmod.

You can download it from here:

http://www.tombraiderhub.com/tr7/modding/index.html

You should have had at the end

"You can't die, who do you think you are? Your the godamned Batman!"

(also, request, do you think you could do the Batman of Zur En Arrh?

I understand the costume is segmented (as the grey of Batman's costume is Zur En Arrh's red and yellow) so it wouldn't be easy, but that is the canon representation of Frank Millers Batman.

I'm not a fan of all black Batmans, but thats cool.

HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!!! I WANT THAT MOD ON MY Xbox 360
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

Originally Posted by Batman The Demo Hunter
    HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!!! I WANT THAT MOD ON MY Xbox 360
    I take it you like it then?

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    I'm not a fan of all black Batmans, but thats cool.
    I prefer the black and gray myself but I thought I'd make this anyway.

Originally Posted by Msharingan
    You should have had at the end

"You can't die, who do you think you are? Your the godamned Batman!"
    I'll bear that in mind.

Originally Posted by Msharingan
    (also, request, do you think you could do the Batman of Zur En Arrh?

I understand the costume is segmented (as the grey of Batman's costume is Zur En Arrh's red and yellow) so it wouldn't be easy, but that is the canon representation of Frank Millers Batman.
    Erm.... dunno. It would be pretty time consuming and I'd need to find the cape texture first so I could make it purple. If I find the cape texture than I may give it a go. I can't say I'd want to play with a red and yellow costume though.

So you add the textures to the actual files? Not some ingame thing? That males sense, but just wondering.

Originally Posted by QCypher
    So you add the textures to the actual files? Not some ingame thing? That males sense, but just wondering.
    I open the game using Texmod, and when in the game I can cycle through all the different textures in the game and then when I find the one I want, I tap enter and it rips it from the game. All I have to do then is edit the texture, go back to Texmod and then package the files back up and then I can play. The best thing is that if I don't want to play with the black costume anymore, I just take the package file I created off the list in Texmod and then it goes back to his original costume. Simple.

oh that is awesome. I wish my pc could play newer games. I really hope they add costume dlc, and since this game is licensed by Warner Bros, it shouldn't be too hard to get outfits under their jurisdiction.

Damn.

That's really well done

If you made the bat symbol yellow you'd pretty much have the Keaton costume.
    How hard would that be though? This all looks very complicated.

This would be a reason that I would buy the PC version... if I had a PC. Very cool mod though, love it.

HOLY SHARK REPELLANT, BATMAN! I want that all-black Batsuit skin on my 360 ASAP!!!

Seriously, I would kill for that >.> do you know if there's any way to put it on the 360?

I...love it!

awesome mod.

Nice work that suit looks very cool.

Originally Posted by RonnyGreen
    If you made the bat symbol yellow you'd pretty much have the Keaton costume.
    How hard would that be though? This all looks very complicated.
    I'll give it a go sometime.

Originally Posted by Darkboy
    HOLY SHARK REPELLANT, BATMAN! I want that all-black Batsuit skin on my 360 ASAP!!!

Seriously, I would kill for that >.> do you know if there's any way to put it on the 360?
    Sorry, I don't know how to get it on consoles, and don't think it is even possible. I just got a PM asking me to put it on PS3.

haha the advantages of having a pc... suck on that console fanbois!

That is amazing!!! When you find the cape texture and make it black it will be perfect! Hey you think you could one with a matching silver belt and crest and a gold belt and crest? Not Batman '89 or anything because that would be altering the model and not the texture I believe. Just exactly as you have it but a matching gold belt and crest and a matching silver belt and crest.

Wow i hope they make that costume for the ps3,complete in black he looks even more amazing than in grey!WOW just WOW
    PSN:Mani-Man

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... Last