Thread: Shader Model 3.0? (Demo help)

Shader Model 3.0? (Demo help)

Shader Model 3.0? (Demo help)

Ok I have a really slow computer. But I managed to download the demo and install it. But everytime I go to click on it, something comes up and says I need atleast Shader Model 3.0. I don't even know what that is...Can someone help? Please explain in little terms, I'm no good with computers...
    "..Hey good, that really makes you an empowered individual - no wait, did I say empowered individual? I Meant two-cent gutter slut..." Good Will Hunting By Myself - Ludo

In simple terms it makes the graphics look good, but in other words it is used primarily to calculate rendering effects on graphics hardware with a high degree of flexibility, and you could not download it because it is a piece of hardware.

Without screw'n my computer up..??
    "..Hey good, that really makes you an empowered individual - no wait, did I say empowered individual? I Meant two-cent gutter slut..." Good Will Hunting By Myself - Ludo

Never mind I was thinking about something else with the download, no you can not download it because it is a piece of hardware.

I'm just reading what it says on here...but it's a Inspriron 1501

While technicals of Shader Models are left to the graphic card experts in simple terms it means that your graphics card is not advanced enaugh to handle the game. If you do not have a Shader Model 3 capable graphics card it is a deal break for playing the game.

I edited the post above, sorry you can't download it, it's a piece of hardware.

I can't even play the demo???

DANG!!! I wasted 3 hours! (Yes it's that slow!)

Originally Posted by xScarecrowX
    I can't even play the demo???
    Sorry, no.

No. You also can't play the PC version of the game on your computer.

Sorry. If you have a 360/PS3 I'd recommend you purchase it for that when it comes out. The game is truly a fun experience.
    The Dark Knight's character designs are awful in my opinion. And for the record, ROBIN FOR THE FREAKIN WIN!

*Dies a little inside* ..Thanks for the help...

Oh I'm getting it on the ps3 ,I just don't own the system right now..I know it's strange but that's how I roll..

I looked up you laptop specifications and your laptop has an integrated ATI graphics card which is shader model 2. It is a no-go for you being able to play the game on your laptop. Sorry.

Thanks though.

If it makes you feel better, my PC also sucks in that department.
    The Dark Knight's character designs are awful in my opinion. And for the record, ROBIN FOR THE FREAKIN WIN!

Upgrade you video card, you can't run a 7 year old card with this game...
    My demo thoughts: http://alexrichmond.com/gaming/holy-hopping-demos-batman

i can't even play batman Arkham they keep asking me for a model shader help please