Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Ventus, Terra, or Aqua: who's your favorite protagonist?

Ventus, Terra, or Aqua: who's your favorite protagonist?

In KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep, you play as three different protagonists: Ventus, Terra, and Aqua -- ten years before the events of the original KINGDOM HEARTS. Each of these characters travels to the same worlds over the course of their narratives, but it's safe to say that their stories are quite different. So which of these three heroes is your favorte? Who was the most relatable? Who was the strongest? Who was the most fun to play?

This is your soapbox. Have at it!

Easy question!

Aqua. I'm a big magic user and she was ideal :P

Aqua, hands down. She's easily the most relatable and the one you see the most emotion out of, on top of having a play style that just clicked with me. I had difficulty playing as Ven and Terra after playing her because she seemed more balanced to me.

I enjoyed Aqua, I knew she would've been my favorite by watching the 1st trailer of Birth by Sleep.

Terra on all four questions there is no one better then him. Right from the start I knew he was going to be my main man to go to if I wanted the job done. Between dark impulse mode, high defense and power getting rid of the enimes was not a problem at all for him.

Ven was definitely the best! His story and all his conflicts was the heart of the game. Oh. And he is the most balanced between Terra and aqua.

Aqua was my favorite, and there was just so much about her that I liked. She was a well rounded character for the most part, even being the typical magic class. That and just the part she plays towards the end of the game and the choices she makes were really powerful and overall reflective of her character and personality.

I'm playing through the game again recently, a Proud Mode run!

In terms of story, it's either Ventus or Aqua, but Terra is the most fun mechanically. It's hard to not have fun tearing through enemies with a Chaos Ripper and he gets an awesome last battle theme to boot.

Definitely Aqua - she's easily my favorite character out of the whole series (and has the best design as well, IMO). She was the most level-headed and sympathetic of the three, I thought, and, given her role at the end of the game and the actions she takes, I'd say she's clearly the strongest one as well (and the only Master of the bunch!). There's also just something about that scene in the opening cinematic - when armored and dishelved Aqua sans helmet is cradling frozen Ven - that always gets me as well. The look of pain on her face made her seem really human to me right from the get go.

As for gameplay, they were all fun to play but I preferred the way Ven handled to the others. His speed was awesome.

I liked Terra because he showed both light and dark sides. It showed you how he struggled to fight against the darkness in himself, but also showed some light and how he cared for his friends. To top it all off i liked the commands he used.^_^

Terra was both my favorite gameplay wise and scenario-wise. I favor the slower, stronger attacks.

If at any point I wanted to attack faster, you can D-link with Ventus to get the haste effect, which sped his attacks up to Ven's speed, and it's one of the few D-Link passives that scaled well later into the game.

Jumping on the Terra train here. He easily became my favorite in terms of scenario and battle, which ironically only made the secret boss battles more difficult since I was too stubborn to use anyone else.

Originally Posted by Earth
    So which of these three heroes is your favorte?

My favorite is definately Aqua. I like her design and her theme is quite nice (though I prefer Ventus's and Terra's theme). I like her design and her attitude throughout the game though it helps that she seems to already be more developed at the start of the game compared to the pther characters.

Who was the most relatable?

I believe that it was Ventus. I think we've all been in the position where we couldn't do the things we wanted because of something like age or inexpirience so I definately connected to him with that.

Who was the strongest?

A tricky question for sure. I'll pick Aqua simply for what she accomplishes in the story as opposed to Terra and Ventus.

Who was the most fun to play?

I enjoyed playing as Aqua the most. Ventus would be second and then Terra. I prefer magic over physical attacks most of the time.

For all questions, Ven. I have a tendency to like swift characters like him, and I feel as though he's the most relatable because he felt passionate about everything he cared about and protected them all, even to the bitter end. He was also very fun to play as (SUPERGLIDE! 'Nuff said).

For me it's an equal tie between Terra, I love his abilities and skillset, but I love the psychotic speed of Ventus.

I mostly like Ventus and Aqua but I did like Terra at the last fight with Xehanort how he foght even if he lost his body I thought that was awesome.

Aqua is the best of the three 95% of the time... the other 5% is Terra + Chaos Ripper + Ven D-Link + huge crowd of unversed = lolwutunversed. Terra's strength with the Ven D-Link's haste ability was just so rediculously awesome... too bad D-Linking is disabled in the Mirage Arena

hi all

how are you?

i was just thinking about ssomething wierd about Vanitas.... why does he look almost the same as Sora ?

i dont like that

This is a tough one but, aqua. Aqua has the most heart and she is the strongest of the 3. She has a heart of pure light. But as far as conflict and story, ventus. Terra is in close 2nd! He is a bigger part of the story than I ever thought he would be.

That would be me.... I am Sixus: Leader of the X-Bladers....S♥Χ♥S

That would be me.... I am Sixus: Leader of the X-Bladers....S♥Χ♥S

Aqua, I liked her personality and I liked her gameplay the most.

Ventus I felt like we both had problems from the start of it, and he was fun to play as because of his fast game play and fast attcks, also I knew ventus had the best story to him from the start.

Originally Posted by Crimson King
    Ventus I felt like we both had problems from the start of it, and he was fun to play as because of his fast game play and fast attcks, also I knew ventus had the best story to him from the start.
    I never got to finish Ventus story your so lucky.

So which of these three heroes is your favorte?

Ventus, I just enjoy his story, though the final boss sucks! >.<

Terra is definitely second

Who was the most relatable?

Ventus again, at least for myself. ^_^ Terra would be my second relatable, but I couldn't relate to Aqua period.

Who was the strongest?

TERRA! All the way...

Who was the most fun to play?

I enjoyed both Ven and Terra.

Now this is JUST MY OPINION. So please DO NOT Flame ME.

I honestly didn't like Aqua's battle style, her cartwheeling is just an insult. sure she was nimble, but Ven's agility was MUCH better than Aqua. Also not only that, but her story is Meh at best. She let the fact that she was named a keyblade master go to her head, I couldn't relate to her at all. She wasn't strong (however I do not disagree that she's the best magic user of the three.) I just think she should have been developed more. Also I'm sorry but I don't like dying at level 1 because she has to be like a football field away to just get a successful attack. I know she has a barrier, but you can't attack while it's up. I just don't like Aqua's character and I couldn't relate to her.

Again This is SOLELY my OPINION!

Just had to disclaim that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last