Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Crash on Startup - PC Demo

Crash on Startup - PC Demo

Originally Posted by sabredenton
    Unfortunately I am unable to uninstall .Net Framework 2.0, due to it effecting other installed programs. (or so I am led to believe by the message that comes up, it fails to specify which programs these are), and yes I tried to the fix involving altering aspnet.config
    so nothing works I guss ... hope its not our 2Gb video card ... cause donno what to think ... u've tried all methods ... what else we have left ... clean system and fresh win installed ?

Originally Posted by gottex
    so nothing works I guss ... hope its not our 2Gb video card ... cause donno what to think ... u've tried all methods ... what else we have left ... clean system and fresh win installed ?
    Well my problem isn't my video card as far as I can tell, it's something wonky with the .Net framework interacting with the launcher. I don't think our problems are really related.

It could be related. We're looking into it..
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

well guess Christix is the one I can align with, cause we have 2Gb video card and this may be the problem, as I said before, one other guy from my forum has same card and same error ... coincidence? may be ... we'll see

Originally Posted by gottex
    Please help guys

I just downloaded a demo, installed and when i click BmLauncher.exe ... here is what I got

http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090807/FfdNLL7Wbr.jpg

the info

http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090807/8j2SCFbZJU.jpg

all needed programms

http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090807/5WUObwT5jV.jpg
    I am having the same problem.

Running Windows 7 RC, latest drivers and all that good stuff.

Hi, back again.
    Unfortunately, both solutions didn't change anything.

Problem of 2gb ram on graphics are strange.Till here I didn't encounter any problem with any game.

The only strange thing is these sentence on the error report :' Value was either too large or too smal for an Int32'

Following the Sabredenton original post, his report point .net too but he works on Xp

jaycw2309 (thanx for trying to help us...better service than some others official game forums ), you know the problem and Gottex furnished the full report so I hope a solution will be found for the final release of the game.

Now, the real question is 'Is this a coding problem from Eidos or a problem linked to graphic card, Microsoft or...?'

However , I keep this thread to be instant notified in my emails.

2 a.m. here, i'm tired, see you soon

I not sure where the problem lies but it looks like its linked to when the launcher is doing some checks its requesting system information from the machine and this information is somehow coming thru incorrectly.. As you can see tho its not 100% and even people with same graphics cards DO work, so its not a simple case of this plus that, theres quite a few variables there.. but the more info we're getting from you is definitely useful for us, and truly appreciate your patience

Would it help if we posted our dxdiag.txt?

Would only need to see the top bit, where it covers system info and video stuff, dont need all the codecs stuff as thats only useful to no one ever in the history of time

Here you go

http://www.glio.net/dxdiag.txt

In case you hadn't seen, the problem I'm having is the same one as gottex

Originally Posted by glio1
    Here you go

http://www.glio.net/dxdiag.txt

In case you hadn't seen, the problem I'm having is the same one as gottex
    Cheers for that. Interestingly you have a dual monitor setup? but neither of your monitors are installed with drivers..

Have you tried to get the proper drivers for your monitors.

Also.. your resolution is not one of the more standard ones, have you added this manually as a custom resolution or have you tried to set the resolution of your desktop to one of the normal ones to try?

I've never known monitor drivers to cause issues, as they never have for me in the past with any game, even UT3 based ones. But for the sake of bug finding, I went ahead and installed them for each one. Still the same issue.

As for the resolution, 1680x1050 is a standard 16:10 resolution and is quite popular amongst wide screen monitor users. It was one of the preset options in Windows screen resolution choices. The majority of my games support it, with only a couple exceptions.

Also, I should note... the demo did not install a desktop icon or a start menu icon to launch the game. On the start menu, all it installed was the Eidos/BatmanAA folder, the readme, and the Web Links folder. I've had to go into the game's installation directory to launch the .exe's.

[Edit] The game launch file appears to have been put in the "Games" folder on the start menu.

The game puts it short cut into Games explorer.. This is a requirement for Games for Windows..

I was only curious about the monitor driver as the new drivers all use EDID for querying the display settings etc, and on my machine i was using generic and it removed my optimal resolution, so i had to manually add it back in, and when i did this i got this error on start up, was fixed for me when i simply installed my monitor drivers so that the graphics card could interrogate the monitor accurately it gave me back my resolutions and all was good.

I'd completely forgotten about the Games folder since I rarely use it. I launch most of my games through Steam, but that makes sense.

Interesting note on the monitor resolution. Both of my monitors worked just fine resolution-wise with the generic drivers, thankfully. Both of their native resolutions are 1680x1050.

Is it possible the launcher doesn't play well with 64 bit OSes? I see a lot of mention of "Win 32" in the dialogue box for the .NET Error

As the rest of you, i have the same problem. I have a 2gig EVGA GTX 285 card. I even went ahead and Reimaged my PC to a new installation of windows 7 64bit. But the issue remains the same

Hey all, we're looking into this, however as you can appreciate its Saturday and i cant get direct access to my desk til Monday if those having the problem can PM clearly stating in the subject line that you have the startup issue listed here (please dont spam my inbox or will just ignore), and will see if can try a few things a bit more individual with you.

Mannnn, just woke up. start my pc, and opened this thread ... well well well, nice to see more people in the 2Gb club videocards
    Thank you jaycw2309 for helping us in any way u can, u all guys who post here done great job trying to resolve this issue, we all waiting for a quick fix.

P.S.
    I just got a letter from a guy from my russian oveclockers forum with the same error and 2Gb video card, he reports (like WalleO) that even clean Win7 64 and Vista 64 didn't help, guess we all need to wait.

I'm have exactly same problem as @gottex, plus I have 2GB Radeon 4870. Hope to see this fixed soon

Hello All

GRRRrrr I am also getting the dreded NET.Frameworks error when trying to start the demo,

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

** Exception Text **
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at BmLauncher.Form1.butLaunchDev_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

** Loaded Assemblies **
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    BmLauncher
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/game%20demos/Batman%20Demo/Binaries/BmLauncher.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Management
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
    Win32 Version: 9.05.132.0000
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll
    Microsoft.DirectX
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
    Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.dll

** JIT Debugging **
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    thats what it says inside the details of the error message, I have tried updating Net and even installed NET 4 beta along with Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition and it's SP and still no good, I went to the Aspnet file and marked it TRUE instead of False. Nothing seems to help. My Wife's sys runs it and my brothers sys runs it and my sys is 4x the sys theirs is...GRRR Also all my Motherboard and device drivers are up to date.

Intel QX6700 @ 2.83ghz on Gigabyte EP45-UD3P with 4gigs Dominator 1066 @ 1150mhz
    ATI Sapphire 4870 2gig card stock speed,
    2- Western Digital 1tb black ed.
    4- Seagate's 1.5tb
    OCZ gammers extreme 850watt PSU

Sucks that you're having the problem but in a way I'm glad it's not just me. Do you get the EventType clr20r3 error? (From Right clicking on My Computer -> Manage -> Event Viewer -> Application -> Error, should be the first part of the error message). A bit of research on this error points at missing or possibly faulty .dll files, though I wasn't able to find out which... perhaps one of the ones you listed?

Parker and Hawk, see this thread for the solution: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=92273

Wow that fix works, thanks a lot for alerting this thread! Finally I get to see what everyone is talking about

well I gotta try this fix tonight, thanx glio1
    I'll keep u posted guys when I get back home.
    But for now, wannit to know if everyone finally could play the game

Your pc just couldn't handle the awesomeness I guess.

Though maybe this is why the pc version was pushed back?
    "Destruction and Terror continue, as the hulking, God-less Child-Beast carves a bloody swath through our helpless city...."

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last