Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: PC Demo - Download location and instructions

PC Demo - Download location and instructions

Ditto to the guy above me, this game is awesome! I just replayed the whole demo twice already! Kudos to Rocksteady to what could be one of the best superhero games ever. Bonus points for the wicked and diverse takedowns

can mac users download the demo or is it just for PC?

I downloaded the demo file but every time I try to load it i get the "this is not a valid win 32 application" problem. It only pops up on this file and I already checked if I have a virus or if I needed some updates and everything checks out.

Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?

The demo is splendid, I hope the game will be the same. The environmental graphics and characters are in such harmony that delights the eyes of the player. However I've encountered a problem which you may have a solution for: During the game the voice of Batman, and the voices during dialogues cannot be heard. (I've tried Hardware Acceleration and it solved the problem before this: In-game voices were muted, however it didn't work for the thing that I've mentioned)

Can someone help me? My demo isn't working anymore. All it says is that it has stopped working properly. I have tried reinstalling it and even trying a different download file. Can someone please help?
    Originally Posted by Keir
    It’s not a bug in the game’s code, it’s a bug in your moral code.

im severely ticked off, about that PSYSX crap.
    http://www.arkham-themovie.com/

Thanks emb ^^

I download the Demo on My PS3 but i want to download it on the PC to try the physX Mode :P
    SpongBob .. Patrick =)

i've played the demo,, its verry fun! but i think i'll get a new xbox controller to get on pc,, since pc controlls are so hard,, and you can't change them =(

grz

Originally Posted by giz
    i've played the demo,, its verry fun! but i think i'll get a new xbox controller to get on pc,, since pc controlls are so hard,, and you can't change them =(

grz
    Yes u can. \Steam\SteamApps\common\batman arkham asylum - demo\Binaries\BmLauncher.exe go for the settings.

So I need some answers here please. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

First off, I saw the trailer and was right away intrigued to upgrade my desktop. Right now here is what I have:

Windows XP
    AMD Sempron 2800
    523760kb RAM

I want to buy a new graphics card, possibly a motherboard, and definitely add some ram. Anyone have any recommendations?

How long does it take you guys to download it?

Yes i was play that on pc and i am go to the end
    I AM BAT

Love the demo. Thanks for this helpful thread.

I've played the demo on PC, E8400 @ 4ghz, EVGA GTX260 FTW, 4 GB ram, alos played the 360 and PS3 versions.

The PS3 looks slightly worse than the the 360 on my sony wega CRT 34" 1080i HDTV, PS3 via HDMI, 360 component .....On my PC The game looks amazingingly better than the consoles. On controls, at first I was sold on the PS3, but after spending a good bit of time on the standard keyboard/ mouse settings.....I actually like em better, though that may change when new abilitieas get unlocked.

I'm torn.....if the PC version came out at the same time as the consoles it would be a no brainer....$20 cheaper via steam (no sales tax) and much better looking.....probably gonna wait for the PC version.

This is a huge file! Is this the full version or something? its the same size as most of the PS3 games I have. (2600mb)And most of those games have roughly 15-20 levels. If this is just half of the game that is insane. Can the pc version support any type of gamepad or joystick?

Originally Posted by Panther10
    This is a huge file! Is this the full version or something? its the same size as most of the PS3 games I have. (2600mb)And most of those games have roughly 15-20 levels. If this is just half of the game that is insane. Can the pc version support any type of gamepad or joystick?
    There is over 1 GB of 720p video files in it. If it didn't have pre-rendered cutscene videos it would be half the size.

Plus full-size textures take up a lot of space.

Full size PS3 games are much bigger than this, I think what you mean is the MBs that a PS3 game installs to the hard drive, but there is still a lot more left on the game disc (PS3 game discs can hold up to 25 to 50GBs)

Soo uh...what happened if you don't have a good enough Graphics card and you try to play it..I'm curious.

Cause my graphics card is pretty old and pretty bad.

Originally Posted by Shark112
    Soo uh...what happened if you don't have a good enough Graphics card and you try to play it..I'm curious.

Cause my graphics card is pretty old and pretty bad.
    Well what card model exactly do you have?

Because if it doesn't have the "Shader Model 3.0" feature the game won't even run.

The first Shader 3.0 graphics card came out in 2004, but every so often you'll still see people complaining they can't run the Shader 3.0 PC games programmed during the current "360 & PS3 generation."

You can turn the settings down to be less pretty but make it run better, but that can only help so much if certain basics aren't met.

So, I downloaded and installed the demo... created a shortcut to the "BmLauncher.exe" file on my desktop, and ran it... it brings up the launcher window and lets me change the settings and such, but when I click "Play", it disappears, and the demo does not launch. I've checked the Task Manager - the file just disappears from the application list.

Any ideas?

EDIT: It's working now, after updating my graphics drivers.

I'm curious, though, as to why there are vents in the demo that you can't reach, plus at least one wall that you should be able to destroy with explosives - when you don't have explosives.

Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon
    So, I downloaded and installed the demo... created a shortcut to the "BmLauncher.exe" file on my desktop, and ran it... it brings up the launcher window and lets me change the settings and such, but when I click "Play", it disappears, and the demo does not launch. I've checked the Task Manager - the file just disappears from the application list.

Any ideas?

EDIT: It's working now, after updating my graphics drivers.

I'm curious, though, as to why there are vents in the demo that you can't reach, plus at least one wall that you should be able to destroy with explosives - when you don't have explosives.
    More than likely you will have to re-trace your steps later in the game to visit places you have already been. For example after reaching a point in the story you might have to go back to certain places to look for more clues that were not there the first time you were there.

Originally Posted by gclhoutx
    More than likely you will have to re-trace your steps later in the game to visit places you have already been. For example after reaching a point in the story you might have to go back to certain places to look for more clues that were not there the first time you were there.
    In other words, they're there because they're in the full game, but they serve no purpose in the demo?

Possible, I suppose.

got the demo today and all I can say is to quote the Riddler....JOYGASM!!!!! holding my breath until Sept. for full game on PC. What crisp graphics!

Originally Posted by capable heart
    Well what card model exactly do you have?

Because if it doesn't have the "Shader Model 3.0" feature the game won't even run.

The first Shader 3.0 graphics card came out in 2004, but every so often you'll still see people complaining they can't run the Shader 3.0 PC games programmed during the current "360 & PS3 generation."

You can turn the settings down to be less pretty but make it run better, but that can only help so much if certain basics aren't met.
    It came out in 04? Ugh..it makes my 05 Computer even sadder spec wise.

Pixel shader 2.0.

I was 12 when my dad got this computer so I had no input or any knowledge to get better specs. I don't even have enough RAM. The only good thing about it is the memory space, 136 GB.

Smile Physx

Hi i was just wondering is there away to turn off the nvidia 8000+ AA in the demo as i have gone into the menu and settings and i will not allow me to it just says required?? but i do not have an nvidia graphics card i have ATI.

so is it correct that this does NOT work on ATI cards? i guess i am gonna try? major waste of bandwidth and drive space if it doesn't, but i gotta try. these days ATI is the way to go... cheaper, and now with the 2GB cards and 2x1 GB (single card), better and faster.

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last