View Poll Results: Did you enjoy the demo?

Voters
435. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's amazing, I love it.

307 70.57%
  • It's good stuff.

94 21.61%
  • It's OK.

15 3.45%
  • I'm unsure there are some bits I don't like.

7 1.61%
  • It's not all that.

6 1.38%
  • I've got something else I want to say (please comment).

6 1.38%
Page 15 of 15 First First ... 51112131415

Thread: Thoughts on the demo - please vote

Thoughts on the demo - please vote

The game is great so far!

I very much enjoyed the demo, short as it was, but hey, it's free, right?
    I get pretty picky when it comes to games and a few things I didn't care for are listed.
    Batman's cowl. It goes up in points on either side of his cheek making it look like he's got a silly grin on his face.
    Batman's cape. Seems like it changes sizes constantly, and when you run it gets waaaay too long. In general, it seems too long.
    The seams on Batman's costume. Looks like he's wearing briefs. Again just, silly.
    The camera seems okay for the most part, and I understand that cameras in third person games have never gone without flaws, but it just kind of jumps around a bit much. Sometimes it's behind and above, sometimes it's off to the extreme sides, sometimes you're first person and when you use 'corner cover' the camera tilts. Not liking that tilting thing at all.
    The bad guys seem to take quite a beating to put down for good, while Batman can potentially die very quickly, ( I got shot by the three in that hallway ) but I'm not averse to difficulty. It just seems a little unbalanced, like it's not how it's supposed to be. Oh well.

There are so many good things going on in this game, and I'm genuinely excited to get to play it. Graphics are great, controls are solid, sound is wonderful all around, it stays extremely close to established Batman story, and I see that there's a good deal of gadgetry involved. It's kind of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell meets Condemned: Criminal Origins with little pointed ears and a cape. A very good combination.
    I know that the issues I bring up are trivial and most likely will not even be address, but I'm glad I have the forum available to say what I think.

Looking forward to getting my hands on the full game!

Originally Posted by synbios16
    I
    The bad guys seem to take quite a beating to put down for good, while Batman can potentially die very quickly, ( I got shot by the three in that hallway ) but I'm not averse to difficulty. It just seems a little unbalanced, like it's not how it's supposed to be. Oh well.
    I can take a few punches before I go down but even I'd struggle with a semi automatic assualt rifle or shotgun round in my gut

I just thought of something, isn't batman's suit supposed to be bullet proof?

Anyways, how about putting Bat-mite in the game?

Whilst, yes, I do love it, there's one thing I dislike; After playing it over and over, the lack of gadgets helps the game lack diverse options. Of course, the full game will feature all the tools.

Amazing but way way too short .. a challange room would have been nice :P

Loved it hoping for a mix of cut scene with inverted takedowns

Im playing the pc version i have to admetted AA batman model lookes very good

Originally Posted by synbios16
    You're half right. It IS imbalanced. But it also IS how it's supposed to be. That's where the saying comes from "don't bring a knife to a gun fight". The reason you're still able to succeed (well, some of us) is because he's the god damn batman.

Originally Posted by Vigilance
    because he's the god damn batman.

I tried to find the "what problems do you have with the demo" thread the mods made, but no luck, so I'll post this here.

I've been trying different things out this afternoon, and something is really bugging me about the AI. I have managed to find a way to take out every enemy in the IP room without being detected, and when I take the 4th guy out (1 guy left) and switch on detective mode, the other thug is still calm. Now this should be expected, but he pretty much walked right by one of his buddies and didn't notice he was down.

The other thing that I have noticed, is that the thugs appear to have "set" patrol patterns UNTIL you alert them. I tried taking each of the thugs down in different order hoping that the last guy would eventually run into one of his unconscious buddies, but you can't actually accomplish this without alerting everyone via punching/glide kick etc to try and "push" them into the path of the guard's patrol.

To make matters more complicated, I noticed that Joker does not report about how many I have taken out if they haven't detected me. Therefore, I can take all of them out silently, and Joker doesn't even know that his guys are being taken down; but can't he SEE them on the video monitors? I'm guessing this is because the other thugs would be alerted if they heard one of their friends was down, but this seemed a little strange too.

And finally, when I do eventually alert the calm guy he becomes Nervous, and will start roaming around the room randomly. When he discovers a body he immediately becomes Terrified and shoots at the boiler etc. and the Joker says that he is the only one left. If the thug hasn't even found the other 3 bodies, how can the Joker know that he is the only one left?

Just a couple of things that didn't make sense to me. I'm hoping that this doesn't happen on harder difficulties, otherwise the randomness of the AI really isn't as random as I was hoping.

Originally Posted by Nemesis296
    how can the Joker know that he is the only one left?
    because most of the time you'll notice that once a thugs sees a downed friend he'll signal the others and then when no one responds that when he puts it all together!
    You probably heard we ain't in the prisoner-takin' business; we in the killin' Nazi business. And cousin, Business is a-boomin'.

Can someone tell me how to make the demo not go ridiculasly slow!? My computer is more than adecuite to run somthing like this, but for some reason it took me bout 10 minutes just to get through the first few thugs, I know that other along with myself, have had this problem, how do I fix it?

Page 15 of 15 First First ... 51112131415