Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... Last

Thread: FFVII Download Issues

FFVII Download Issues

FFVII Download Issues

So, I purchased Final Fantasy VII from here http://store.na.square-enix.com/stor...0#.UB3tWE1lQf6 and decided to share it with friends on Facebook. However, later on they pointed out to me that the link was no longer working, so I check it out, and all I get is a 404 error. Did I just get screwed out of $12 for a game that doesn't work or what? Does anyone know why the game just so happened to be on the download catalog earlier today but not now?

Looks like it went live by mistake.

Originally Posted by Fire

Looks like it went live by mistake.

Either way, those who purchased the game can't activate due to asinine DRM. They had better compensate or there will be hell to pay.

I emailed support for the store, and they told me they were unable to assist me, and they apologized. They had no problem taking my money though

Originally Posted by Carfo
    I emailed support for the store, and they told me they were unable to assist me, and they apologized. They had no problem taking my money though
    Wow. That just inspires confidence.

I couldn't even find a way to contact SE because their "support" page just leads to a bunch of FAQs and a place to put "general inquires"

support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph...

Yup same here. they took my moey real fast but I can't play and can't find any info. Thank SE really makes me wanna buy more crap from you. You finally re-release and game I purchased enough times as I have over the years and you can't even get it right. wtf.

Given that it's the weekend, I imagine Square Enix will address the issue on Monday and people will be able to get their game redeemed or a refund.

I also had this problem. Someone had posted the link, and I jumped on the oppertunity, only to find out the page had been shut down not long afterwards. I can't get my activation code to work, and I've contacted SE via their email support. I've never played the game before, so it looks like I'll have to wait even longer for the oppertunity. If it really did go live by mistake, then I hope SE will either refund our money, or more preferably, allow us access to the game anyway.

Hello everyone,

We've recently released a statement on this issue:

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233...

This weekend, our teams were testing the product website for the upcoming relaunch of FINAL FANTASY VII on PC. While the website was being tested in its live state, a small number of people were able to purchase a pre-release build of the game. For those customers, Square Enix will be offering full refunds for the purchases and for their inconvenience, a free version of the classic FINAL FANTASY VII on PC when it is launched.

We want to thank our community for their continued support and excitement regarding the upcoming rerelease of FINAL FANTASY VII. We will have more information to share about the launch of this anticipated title shortly.

Just Bought FFVII Today

I just bought it today after following a link from IGN and find out the game/DRM is broken.

I started the download and noticed something was wrong right away when I was dl at 1.5kb/sec on a 150meg connection so I come to find out you accidentally released the game prematurely. That's ok, it happens. What's infuriating is that you noticed this apparently last week but still have active links to the purchase up.

Take them down so people don't have to go through this mess please.

this is the NA release I'm refering to.

i just got it and im downloading at about 300kb/sec the actual release appears to be today, they did do an accidental release a week or two ago though

Mine is getting stuck at 15% and not continuing from there with the download. Hopefully this is fixed soon.

Mine is doing the same it will let me download the 1st of 3 files which puts me at 15% then it stops. Its 2012 do I really need a 3 file download for a 2gb file?

thats where i am at right now its stuck after 15% 1/3> 2/3 and i hit resume and it won't do anything... suggestions?

Has anyone successfully downloaded this game NA release yet?????

I can't even buy it, it keeps saying "We're sorry. The payment method selected is not available for your location. Please select another payment method." I've tried two different cc's, located in Texas.

I just bought it and nothing happened... wtf

Just got off of the phone with a square enix rep....same problem as all of you the 15% problem. He said it "could" be due to high volume of downloads. He said it to speak with digital river and file a complaint. If you guys havent gotten the error, it says to turn your DNS to off on your router. I have tried that and it did not work. If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear! I will give it a day and if its not cleared up I will request a refund. Hope they can clear it up! It has only been out for an hour so ill be patient

they release EU on facebook and here we are NA players paying for it and its not working properly... not even sure what to make of this ordeal right now but frustrated and out of ten bux staring at a stuck 15% download still ff... you give it a day i give it ten more minutes.....

Yep, I get the first file in seconds then it moves to the second file and just pauses itself and never resumes and if I click resume it automatically pauses.

2GB on a 150mb connection should take a minute.

Just sent a request to Digital River for a refund.

I agree. This was not worth the damn trouble. >:[ Here I am. Looking like a damn fool, buying a game I love and have owned on 3 other consoles I no longer own, and I can't even get it to download. Ugh. I want to hit something right now.

there is a so called customer service hotline phone number?? Mind sharing it if u have it since i can't find the right one to speak with anyone

Originally Posted by Mohammad

there is a so called customer service hotline phone number?? Mind sharing it if u have it since i can't find the right one to speak with anyone

To get a refund you need to go to Digital Rivers website and go through their customer support.

It appears to be working now.

Yes the game is out today in North America. For those of you having trouble, we've been monitoring the situation internally and found no error, and see that the site is getting a lot of traffic. Please try your downloads again, and see if you still have concerns.

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... Last