View Poll Results: Which was the best storyline in TRU?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lara's quest to find her missing Mother

12 12.12%
  • Natla's return and interactions between her and Lara

4 4.04%
  • The story of a deadly Lara clone - The doppleganger

37 37.37%
  • The hunt for Thor's hammer

21 21.21%
  • I like them all equally

25 25.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which was the best storyline in TRU?

Which was the best storyline in TRU?

I was thinking about the different storylines of TRU. I read quite a lot of posts of different takes about what the TRU story was about. There is quite alot of different oppions on which bits of the story people liked so here is a poll on it.

Which of these TRU storylines did you like best?

honestly I like them all, I think they all added to to an enthrawling story, which unfortunately was affected by plotholes. Although I do tend to put more importance on the mother story as it carries on from where Legend left off. Even if it didn't to Legend justice!
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

TRU was amazing!!
    My ignorance amuses me!!:D

Doppleganger wins it for me by a mile. Didn't like the Mother story and we have seen all the Natla stuff before. It was awesome seeing a really destructive evil version of Lara. The charicter interactions with the doppleganger brought most of the excitemement to the TRU story. Just wish we would have got to have a big Lara vs doppleganger boss fight.

I will say that Lara searching for her mother is/was a plot of very good potential. Did they do it justice in Underworld... I can't agree. I preferred it in Legend if I must be honest. Perhaps if Lara had been searching for an artefact that had no relation to her mother dissappearence, but that took her to Helheim which Lara eventually found out that it was helheim could have kept it fresh.

Put everything like gameplay, graphics aside. Right, Underworld was pretty much the same story as Legend (or so it seemed to me).

I loved it in legend but not so much in Underworld.

Only the Hammah, everything else pretty mcuh sucked.
    Villa, villa.

Doppleganger is the best for sure. It looks and acts awesome. The tension between the doppleganger and Lara and the menace the doppleganger brings is by far the best story in TRU.
    signature image

Doppelganger story , I always like things in that line of track ...
    I respect your intelligence, just not your integrity.

The Natla story line and the Hammer one!!! Didn't really like the mother story or the doppelganger one...

But I did love the game!!!

Doppleganger was the most exciting storyline in TRU by a long way. The rest of the story was a bit bland and not that unique or special.

The hunt for Thor's hammer was the most original, well thought out, and well researched aspect of the story for me.

The other parts, the returning villain, the evil twin, and the search for a lost family member have all been done better elsewhere, but I did enjoy them in TRU.
    LittleBigPlanet: Croft Manor Beneath the Ashes
    PSN ID: DuskRaider

I loved all of them!
    All parts of the storyline made Underoworld such an exciting game!

Smile

The hunt for Thor's hammer... the traditional adventure story, (raider searching for artefact). I don't suppose it allows for so much character-development, but I suppose that is where the other subplots come in. It certainly drives the gameplay of the levels, though.

Definitely Lara's mother quest. It made me cry! It was so sad, and I just kept putting myself in Lara's shoes; I've just done all of this to finally find my mother, and she's dead. Not only that, but I have to convince myself that she really is dead and has been for ages, when really she could have died just a few days ago and it would be my fault... so sad!

hm i never realized that there were so many, good poll ;D
    signature image

They're all good. We didn't get enough of Natla, it'd have been nice if in each sub-level in the whole level, there was a puzzle like anniversary. this game was pretty rushed... but i like em all. doppleganger was ok. we didnt see much of natla or the dopple, i like thor and mayan calendar... but it'd have been nice in arctic sea if there was a part were we could control the dopple in-game at the time and not just the downloadable content on xbox360.. it should have all been included. they just took favouritism and money over fans.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by tombraidergal View Post
    They're all good. We didn't get enough of Natla, it'd have been nice if in each sub-level in the whole level, there was a puzzle like anniversary. this game was pretty rushed... but i like em all. doppleganger was ok. we didnt see much of natla or the dopple, i like thor and mayan calendar... but it'd have been nice in arctic sea if there was a part were we could control the dopple in-game at the time and not just the downloadable content on xbox360.. it should have all been included. they just took favouritism and money over fans.
    here's my one and only complaint... THERE SHOULD'VE BEEN BOSS BATTLES!!" lol, could you imagine? Thor comes down to stop Lara and she has to defeat him.. with his sword!! lol
    signature image

Doppelganger
    Two Guns, Money and Attitude. Lara Croft, The Tomb Raider.

I know this may not fit into this thread and for that I apologies.

Anyway, I think the Natla story would have had much more of an effect if they hadn't shown her voice at the end of the gameplay trailer.

For the next game they need to work on keeping secrets and not letting screen-shots out of possible plot twists!

None of it really. I voted the hammer though: it was alright its just that it was the same quest as for the sword in Legend: it just didn't need to be there...

how could you say that?!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Ants_27_ View Post
    I know this may not fit into this thread and for that I apologies.

Anyway, I think the Natla story would have had much more of an effect if they hadn't shown her voice at the end of the gameplay trailer.

For the next game they need to work on keeping secrets and not letting screen-shots out of possible plot twists!
    Oh yeah. Totally agree. TRU gave away waaayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! too much. I can still remember the excitement I felt when I heard Natla in the trailer ... but I think that the excitement is best experienced when playing that game itself for the first time.
    A refrigerator- when you open the door, the light goes on, but when you close the door, the light goes off... or does it?

Quote Originally Posted by John Akam View Post
    Oh yeah. Totally agree. TRU gave away waaayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! too much. I can still remember the excitement I felt when I heard Natla in the trailer ... but I think that the excitement is best experienced when playing that game itself for the first time.
    Exactly. When screen-shots are leaked then it isn't too bad because you generally know that they are going to show a spoiler in some way shape or form. Whereas I think everybody watched the trailers because trailers usual give nothing -of importance- away.

Like I remember a screen-shot of the thralls being released -or maybe it was leaked?-. Anyway, if it was released officially then it would have been better not to release it down to the pure fact that people wouldn't know what monsters -if any- to expect in the final game.

One last thing. If the concept art of Tomb Raider 9 is in fact true then they have failed again by showing what the monster may look like!

Back to the plot. Maybe they shouldn't reveal much of the plot this time around? Look at Heavy Rain (PS3) does anybody know what it is really about, but I'm still buying it because it is made by Quantic dream.

I like them all equally.......
    "A hug is worth a thousand words. A friend is worth more." Jasmine Fitzwilliam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast