Thread: movies that remind you of K & L

movies that remind you of K & L

movies that remind you of K & L

Well, we've all played the first game, so what to do while we wait for part 2: Dog Days and ofcourse the movie. to come out, watch movies! so recommend me some movies that remind you of Kane and Lynch or movies that make you wanna play Kane and Lynch, here are some of mine
    Heat
    Collateral
    Reservoir Dogs
    Dog Day Afternoon
    PSN: Doktor Klown
    Slaughter is the best medicine

There's actually a crime movie/comedy with Billy Bob Thorton and Bruce Willis where they rob banks and it's actually very reminiscient of Kane & Lynch. The whole thing is kinda a dark comedy though so bear that in mind.

I'll try to look up the name.
    "If he tries to shake us down, we kill him. Period. We make it fun, but we kill him. End of story."

Thumbs Up

That would be " Bandits " by Barry Levinson , back in 2001 ...

It's more a drama/comedy flick than a action film , but it's a very good film ...

(it's also this film that sparked the rumor of Billy Bob Thornton being cast as Lynch in the upcoming Kane & Lynch film , since both will star Bruce Willis ...)

Michael Mann films are the definite inspiration for Kane & Lynch. The club level was directly inspired by the club scene in Collateral. The open street combat in Tokyo was also very reminiscent of Heat.

There's also a little "Way of the Gun" with Benicio Del Toro in there. I think Dog Days may have a more concise style. The first Kane & Lynch was all over the map... banks, cuba, Tokyo, all sorts of crazy locales. I think Dog Days will be much more centralized, maybe.
    "If he tries to shake us down, we kill him. Period. We make it fun, but we kill him. End of story."

Haha , imagine if Dog Days is just like Hitman Contracts , every level is a flashback except the last one ...

Anywya back on topic ...

There was a film called "From Dusk Till Dawn" back in 1996 i think , the interaction between George Clooney's and Quentin Tarantino's character is quite like Kane & Lynch's constant arguments ...

In the first part of the film anywya ...
    Second part is just ... *sigh* ...

The scene were Kane cuts up Retomoto is like the scene in reservoir dogs when michael madsen cuts the cops ear off

Originally Posted by Dr Klowneus
    The scene were Kane cuts up Retomoto is like the scene in reservoir dogs when michael madsen cuts the cops ear off
    what's funny is that in Hitman Blood Money on the training level, there's a scene that was also inspired by the Michael Madsen ear scene in Reservoir Dogs. IOInteractive has always had an affinity for Tarantino movies.

I had absolutely No idea there was a K&L 2 coming out!!!
    anywayz the bank robbery level reminds me of Inside Man a lil bit

Has anyone seen the movie 'Last man standing' it has Bruce Willis playing a bad ass anti-hero character who guns mobsters down violently, watching that movie makes me want the Kane and Lynch movie to come out, because Kane is going to be played by Bruce Willis
    on a further note about the movie, has mickey rourke been confirmed as the actor for Lynch yet

Nope , it's just a rumor so far ...

Still , i kinda think that Willis should be cast as Lynch ...

No better yet , bring back the original voice actors , Brian Bloom and Jarion Monroe ...

I was thinking the same thing. Brian Bloom should definitely make a guest appearance... same with that bald guy that played Hitman.

Then out of nowhere JASON STATHAM... just like the first 5 minutes of Collateral

hey Grievous do you have MSN/Yahoo or anything like that?

Yeah lol , i still can't believe Michael Mann had Jason Statham doing a cameo in his film , ...

(Oh yes, my MSN address ...

don_corleone_of_ny@hotmail.com

Yes the name is damn ridiculous but it was the only thing i had in mind back in March 2006 when i finished The Godfather the game ...

Great , now everybody is looking at me *slowly retrieving my shotgun* ...)

Saw "Dog Day Afternoon" with Al Pacino on Netflix the other day (you can actually stream it instantly)

Wasn't that great of a movie. It's basically the story of two IDIOTS who try to rob a bank, only to find that the money shipment has already gone out (AKA the bank has no money) and that due to the ruckus they make, every cop in the city has now surrounded them.

The movie consists of basically a 2 hour standoff between Al Pacino and the cops. It was somewhat Kane & Lynch-like, but these guys were definitely not professional at all. Either way, it did hold my attention throughout so I guess it wasn't that bad.