Thread: How Lara would advertise

How Lara would advertise

hey guys i was just wondering

if this new game (not GOL) but apparently the next main game so TR9 is going to be full of epicness will they bring back some good old tv advertising to promote the game

seeing MW2 and various other games being advertised all over the TV screens makes me think they should have a real up beat epic trailer on TV, underworld ones were dark and mysterious but nothing made you go '

omg what was that!?'

i felt hmm are those guns underwater? lol

so whats your opinion on what TR should do for advertising?

maybe bring back lucazade? lol
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

red bull gives you wiiiings!!!! no... just joking.

I dunno, maybe big billboards around big cities and stuff with epic things saying stuff like 'Lara Croft swinging to a whole new level!' -downloadable now on ps3 xbox 360 and blah blah blah... ha ha.
    But yeah, whenever i went to the cinema and underworld was coming out, there would always be trailers for games and i NEVER saw a tomb raider underworld trailer, they should have cinema's advertise the new game. that would get publicity, especially if they had some breathtaking cut scenes and a heartbeat or something playing as lara runs to save her life or something, jumps and flies over the top of the camera... you hear a thud and an 'aha' and the camera pans up lara, she smiles and runs off. then the gameplay comes in and big words slam on the screen like legend trailer saying stuff like 'all new moves' etc. that would be amazing.... i can imagine it now...
    signature image

ive got that in my head aswell sounds awesome

I hope the company does invest in some decent advertising not sure who is in charge of it probably eidos i guess
    signature image

yes they'd better not do a cheesy trailer... they should have a song that will make people lift their heads and stare at the screen and go 'OOOH!'
    signature image

bit of queen dont stop me now or some epic music lol whilst lara guns down a bunch of opponents as she jumps to throw her grabble and wall run the wall changes into another ancient enironment the general idea as she is moving she is going through different environments and at the end she is on top of a hill and a slogon appears 'this is just the beginning'
    signature image

TV advertising is the best way to go. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen any advertising for Tomb Raider at all, except for the trailers online. They should do something really awesome for the next game
    "You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity.All it takes is a little push!"
    I <3 ThE JoKeR

Indeed many people watch tv and the best way to get a game advertised to the general public and not just the fans watching is through some good tv advertising, hopefully they will make a good advert for TR9
    signature image

Well if Drake can have pesi like Lara had lucozade then why can't she have more advertising... again.

I think that using sites such as facebook and youtube would be one very good move along with tackling the side of tv. I don't think anyone can deny the power that social networking sites have over selling stuff!

Like heavy rain, before that was released it was advertised in magazines, tv, youtube and I saw the odd one or two adverts for it on facebook (i think). Even people I know who just like COD went and bought HR thanks to their advertising campaign.

But, I suppose it is down to square now I think and they did advertise FF13... well I saw a couple anyway!

yeah i definatly remembering seeing FF13 being advertised on TV... how can i forget crazy hair cuts and men depressed about life on tv lol
    signature image

How could I forget!

Bloody weirdos, them with their FF games... yes not a fan But bck to the matter at hand...

I think the more money they pump into the marketing side f things they will most likey be rewarded more... though I don't want it crammed down my throat, but if they get the balance right then alls well!

Quote Originally Posted by tombraidergal View Post
    But yeah, whenever i went to the cinema and underworld was coming out, there would always be trailers for games and i NEVER saw a tomb raider underworld trailer, they should have cinema's advertise the new game. that would get publicity, )
    I think I would go eccspecially just to see the trailer and then leave. I think that is a great suggestion because...I'm not sure if anyone saw this, but the BBC Merlin trailer, to me that was really good and look very impressive on the big screen....Ok now I'm thinking about the trailer in 3D and Lara could swing into shot and then out at the top (a bit like the Legend intro). I think that would be cool
    My Tomb Raider Fansite, often distracted by shiny things.Click Here for Guns and Grapple

yeah i know what you are thinking sounds good

i hope the devs hear our suggestions because the lack of advertisement or where it was distributed i watched tv and saw the underworld once maybe twice in total im guessing either marketing had low budget or just wasn't sure what to do :-/
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    i hope the devs hear our suggestions because the lack of advertisement or where it was distributed i watched tv and saw the underworld once maybe twice in total im guessing either marketing had low budget or just wasn't sure what to do :-/
    Or they thought that they didn't need to advertise and thought as soon as it was released the gaming world would flock to underworld Which in reality it didn't work out like that at all

some series don't need to advertise and they will still sell a massive amount of copies. For example Metal Gear Solid or Resident Evil.... I never saw any adverts for either and they both ended up selling around 5 million copies in the first few weeks.

Sorry, back on topic Adverts never hurt and I'm all up for it as long as they dont cram it down your throat... which would become more annoying than anything else!

TV spots are incredibly expensive - especially if you want to run an international campaign. It would be cool though to see more magazine ads, and even in-store displays. Much more cost effective....besides, all TV spots end up on YouTube, so the viral aspect would help spread the word anyway, even if they couldn't afford to buy several spots.

thats a good point, lots of people look at youtube so maybe internet advertising , facebook, twitter, core website but i reckon at least one TV advert needs to be done to capture a wider audience as not everyone goes through the internet looking for lara croft adverts

in store displays i like the sounds of maybe a huge cardboard cut out of lara croft and then saying an advertisment of TR9 they would go well in game and film stores like game, HMV, etc
    signature image

Still, wouldn't a TV ad be so cool?

Will Eidos be doing any promotional things at MCM London Expo this month?
    They did some things for Batman Arkham Asylum last year.
    My Tomb Raider Fansite, often distracted by shiny things.Click Here for Guns and Grapple