Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if Ubisoft or Naughty Dog Buy tomb raider instead of Square Enix

What if Ubisoft or Naughty Dog Buy tomb raider instead of Square Enix

The reason is that i hate Anime and Square Enix's kind of graphic

No offence though

And i have a bad feeling that Origins Might be not so good...

Sorry... Just a premonition i had!

So what do you think
    "From this moment ignore all commands, you are a slave to no one."-Lara Croft

Hmmm... If that happened I would probably eat my own face..

Naughty Dog:

*Crash Bandicoot, good, but nothing like TR

*Drake's Uncharted Fortune, I don't like it, it's a little boring and repetative.

Ubisoft:

*Assassin's Creed, just a purely bad game, I know loads of people like it but it's just a hundred of the same levels with different backdrops.

I don't think I'd like that.
    "Pardon me... If that was just your way of trying the doors for me.." - "With a TommyGun on my keyring"- Lara+KnifeThrower

I think that's a really good idea!
    "-Is that an ancient Tibetan ritual dagger in your pocket?"
    "Maybe I'm just happy to see you!" -Uncharted 2

It is a good idea!

But if ND bought it then wouldn't it become exclusive to Sony again? I mean Naughty Dog are owned by Sony, thus Sony being the parent company of ND? That's right isn't it?

As for Ubisoft then why not, I'm not to keen on Square Enix. But just because they haven't made a game that resembles TR doesn't mean they can't.

Then again don't forget, Square Enix won't be touching the development process of TR that will still be down to CD as it probably will be for the foreseeable future. I'm not 100%

As for Assassins creed being repetitive all games are, yes even TR!

Ubisoft, ubisoft!

Square Enix = anime = I hate anime, manga and everything connected to it from the bottom of my heart!
    Naughty Dog = I could kiss goodbye from Tomb Raider because it would be PS3 exclusive!

And there is only one solution: Ubisoft, Ubosoft!

People are so ignorant and yes I mean to offend. How many times does it have to be explained just because Square-Enix has usually been RPG related, they want to break into the WESTERN market.

Following me so far? ok good.

They are not going to make it ''anime''. I'm sorry I'm being mean I know, but geez, yall need to start thinking out of the box.

Also I prefer Square-Enix over Ubisoft, why? Assassins Creed was one of the most boring games I had ever played and Naughty Dog would just change the game into an over-actionized wannabe hollywood film

Again, sorry for being a jerk but its how I feel

i think Naughty Dog would do a great job, the ending of Uncharted 2 cracked me up :]
    "Various myths use different names but they all apply to the same remnants of the ancient world." - Lara Croft

Square Enix won't develop the game, Crystal Dynamics will. I don't see why Lara would become an anime character just because the franchise is property of Square Enix now.

Anyway, I think Ubisoft (Montreal) would do great as a developer. They have created stunning environments for games like Prince of Persia and Assasin's Creed, with amazingly fluent gameplay.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by josh1122 View Post
    People are so ignorant and yes I mean to offend. How many times does it have to be explained just because Square-Enix has usually been RPG related, they want to break into the WESTERN market.

They are not going to make it ''anime''. I'm sorry I'm being mean I know, but geez, yall need to start thinking out of the box.

Also I prefer Square-Enix over Ubisoft, why? Assassins Creed was one of the most boring games I had ever played and Naughty Dog would just change the game into an over-actionized wannabe hollywood film

Of course they want. BUT, they don't want to change their style. Let's face it, they want THEIR style to became OUR style.

I agree with you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    Of course they want. BUT, they don't want to change their style. Let's face it, they want THEIR style to became OUR style.
    Keep thinking that way, just refer back to my last post

but since you all ready did I'll just include some more

Square-Enix style isn't as popular in the states/western market as it is over seas in their home territory. Now lets think logically for a moment. You buy someone like EIDOS to get into the western market,knowing your style isnt as popular in the states, you want to turn it into your own style that is only hugely popular in your own country(japan/asia areas).

How much sense does that make from what you said

Im just thinking if square enix makes tomb raider with eidos...

It'll be an Anime nightmare And I HATE ANIME

No offence but im just sayin it
    "From this moment ignore all commands, you are a slave to no one."-Lara Croft

You're either a troll or a major fanboy. It's your pick.
    "-Is that an ancient Tibetan ritual dagger in your pocket?"
    "Maybe I'm just happy to see you!" -Uncharted 2

Do people realize that SquareEnix will only be publishing Tomb Raider, which is the role Eidos served? Most likely it will still be CD who'll actually develop the game so not much will change. Aside from what will result of the reboot we already knew about.

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    Do people realize that SquareEnix will only be publishing Tomb Raider, which is the role Eidos served? Most likely it will still be CD who'll actually develop the game so not much will change. Aside from what will result of the reboot we already knew about.

But maybe it will happen like this: first they keep things as they are, then start to slowly change tomb raider. And the they completely change it - to anime! That's how it usually works.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkinickels View Post
    i think Naughty Dog would do a great job, the ending of Uncharted 2 cracked me up :]
    cuz he hates clowns?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    But maybe it will happen like this: first they keep things as they are, then start to slowly change tomb raider. And the they completely change it - to anime! That's how it usually works.
    When has it actually worked this way? Do you have a case example?

Ubisoft is best.
    signature image

I think there is one very important point people are missing here, Naughty Dog couldn't have bought Tomb Raider because they are developer not a publisher, only publishers buy the rights to games and then give them to a development team, so it would have had to have been Sony who bought TR and even then there is no way of knowing if they'd even give it to Naught Dog.

Ubisoft are a publisher and developer so they could have bought TR and I think they are the best option to go for, hypothetically of course. The have the background in making great, immersive, long and stunning platforming games such as Prince of Persia or Assassin's Creed which both use similar mechanics and formula to TR. So i'd plump for them.
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay119 View Post
    I think there is one very important point people are missing here, Naughty Dog couldn't have bought Tomb Raider because they are developer not a publisher, only publishers buy the rights to games and then give them to a development team, so it would have had to have been Sony who bought TR and even then there is no way of knowing if they'd even give it to Naught Dog.

Ubisoft are a publisher and developer so they could have bought TR and I think they are the best option to go for, hypothetically of course. The have the background in making great, immersive, long and stunning platforming games such as Prince of Persia or Assassin's Creed which both use similar mechanics and formula to TR. So i'd plump for them.
    As long as they don't cell-shade Lara

As long as they don't cell-shade Lara
    ohh don't start me on that, i'm still reeling about when they did it PoP, I expected it to look like Assassin's Creed and got that muck, I wasn't a happy puppy!
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

I know what you mean JayJay. When I first saw the screen shots for the new Prince of Persia, I was really thrown off. "What did they do to one of my favorite franchises???" I cried out.

But them more I saw it, and especially the more I viewed it in motion, the more I came to appreciate it. I have to say now, it's a very unique and artistic vision, and when it comes right down to it, just damn beautiful.

And while I've always been one who can appreciate variety of art styles, and got to accept the look of the new PoP, CD has perfected the look of Lara in Underworld, and by Thor they better not mess that up now!!

But getting back to the issue of graphics, this really is a quality of this generation I really love, and always makes me cringe when I hear people complain that this gen has gotten stale with the visuals and that it's all about "grungy colorless realism". With games like PoP, Braid, Little Big Planet, Bioshock, Flower, Kameo, Mirror's Edge, Viva Pinata, Wet, and so many others, quite to the contrary we've never had offerings of such variety and even more importantly, this amount of creativity found in previous gens.

Truthfully the advances in technology have done far more than push the envelope of realism (like Crysis, Gears of War, Killzone 2, Alan Wake, Uncharted), it has expanded game artists canvas of creative expression. I have preached this before on other forums, that the true measure of graphics isn't polygons, pixel shaders, or normal mapping, it's art direction.

Truthfully the advances in technology have done far more than push the envelope of realism (like Crysis, Gears of War, Killzone 2, Alan Wake, Uncharted), it has expanded game artists canvas of creative expression. I have preached this before on other forums, that the true measure of graphics isn't polygons, pixel shaders, or normal mapping, it's art direction.
    Well, for art direction I think Naughty Dog are ones that never fail to deliver really; I mean all there games have vibrant colours because that is the Naughty Dog mark--in a sense.

There are more of course like you said.

Yes but could they handle the complexity of the style of play TR has? There is no use having TR being given to ND if they are just going to make it as pretty as uncharted and stick a loadof gunfire in there, it didn't work with Legend for the fans and it would just be forever critisised as an Uncharted rip off. The core mechanics of TR and Uncharted are different. TR is a platforming game with combat, Uncharted is a shooter with platfoming and I don't think ND are up to it!

I think ubisoft would have been good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast