Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: What kind of things will we get for DLC?

What kind of things will we get for DLC?

What kind of things will we get for DLC?

Besides challenge maps, do you think we'll get costumes and added levels? I want the crime alley map but I can't afford the $100 CE sadly. I hope that gets put up soon and not too long of a wait.

i wish xbox owners could pay and download to play as the joker.

expect future challenge maps and maybe costume dlcs

Originally Posted by CaptainMcMulla
    expect future challenge maps and maybe costume dlcs
    For costumes I’d love to see the 1989 Burton design and the Dark Knight design as well. Speaking of costumes, what’s up with that armored Batman costume that we saw? How do we get that? Is that a pre-order special?

Originally Posted by Enop80
    For costumes I’d love to see the 1989 Burton design and the Dark Knight design as well. Speaking of costumes, what’s up with that armored Batman costume that we saw? How do we get that? Is that a pre-order special?
    I think it's a pre-order special somewhere, but I heard you can also unlock it by beating the game regardless of pre-ordering.

Originally Posted by darrinwright
    I think it's a pre-order special somewhere, but I heard you can also unlock it by beating the game regardless of pre-ordering.
    Oh that’s cool indeed.

Originally Posted by Enop80
    Classic costumes from the films would be really cool, I agree with you. However, I was under the impression that the developers "only" had the rights to the Batman comic universe (for lack of a better term)... that is, they wouldn't be allowed to use any designs or intellectual property from the Burton/Schumacher/Nolan universe.

Does anyone else have any insight or theories on the possibility of this?

Originally Posted by tsp
    Classic costumes from the films would be really cool, I agree with you. However, I was under the impression that the developers "only" had the rights to the Batman comic universe (for lack of a better term)... that is, they wouldn't be allowed to use any designs or intellectual property from the Burton/Schumacher/Nolan universe.

Hm.. didn't think of that. I just want an all black costume to play in.

Originally Posted by tsp

That's an astute point but don't DC own all the intellectual property? I thought they were famous for their tight-fistedness regarding creator-owned/company-owned property (Watchmen, anyone)?

I any case, Rocksteady have Wildstorm on board and I'm sure we'll see some excellent designs from the creative minds behind it, if not from Rocksteady's own bunch.
    "What we are about to do will be a WORK OF ART"

Costumes would be nice.

I'd love a Batman Begins costume DLC.

I wonder if sidemission DLC's would be too much.

Well Warner Bros is involved in the game, so I don't see why you couldn't get the Dark Knight costume.
    "Destruction and Terror continue, as the hulking, God-less Child-Beast carves a bloody swath through our helpless city...."

Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Well Warner Bros is involved in the game, so I don't see why you couldn't get the Dark Knight costume.
    Yeah, Warner has rights over the old and new movies and I don't think they're going anywhere any time soon seeing as they know they're raking in the dough with last years movie and this game.

I just want some cool costumes and maybe some joke ones
    I want orginial Batman

I killed Jason Todd and all i got was this lousy t-shirt.

Well aside from the usual, such as extra costumes and new challenge maps, any more DLC would be entirely dependent on how well this game sells.

Plus I agree with the above poster, I don't see why TDK batsuit couldn't be used in this game, unless it's sum litigation out there somewhere preventing that.

Wouldnt mind the hush costume and possible the one from KnightFall... the AzBat... maybe play slim down the model and play as nightwing...meh... just thinking outloud

If its not unlockable, I want a set of black suits from the movies, and Bat-Shark Repellent Spray
    Beware of the Knight.

Originally Posted by Rareless09
    If its not unlockable, I want a set of black suits from the movies, and Bat-Shark Repellent Spray
    Sorry,Fox owns Bat Shark repellent

Themed Challenge Room packs. I mean I won't even know 'till after I play the whole game what more I would want. I think a couple of days after the game is released this thread would be more viable.
    "That the play is the tragedy man, and it's hero the conqueror worm" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq8EGbz4Puw

Originally Posted by Tranquil Ape
    Wouldnt mind the hush costume and possible the one from KnightFall... the AzBat... maybe play slim down the model and play as nightwing...meh... just thinking outloud
    nightwing would be cool. a slimmer more agile batman

of course you would have to change his gadgets

More Villains(sorta like with Mass Effect how theres a DLC mission and a new race).
    The #1 Killer Moth Fan Of This Board! (C) all rights reserved.

Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Because EA still has the movie license and even though WB wouldn't care one way or the other if the movie costumes were in the game, EA would sue if any of the current movie franchise costumes were in regardless of whether they themselves used them or not recently simply because it's in the contract. This is just assumption btw but bottom line is both contracts (EA, Eidos) were specific. One has core license, one has movie license. Not sure EA's stretched as far as Burton, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did considering their run with the James Bond license gave us Brosnan and Connery games. I don't know though maybe with all the time that's gone by the EA/Warner deal is over. I wouldn't know for sure. You'd have to ask someone whose a little more sure.
    Check out my artist page on facebook: The Accidental Masterpiece

I'm confused. Is this for Xbox 360?

Originally Posted by The Joker 1
    I'm confused. Is this for Xbox 360?
    Future DLCs will be Multiplatform.

Are you guys serious you just got a demo and a release date and thats not enough yet...let the mods breathe please.....

Originally Posted by Batman:THE DARK KNIGHT
    Are you guys serious you just got a demo and a release date and thats not enough yet...let the mods breathe please.....

No.
    Check out my artist page on facebook: The Accidental Masterpiece

Page 1 of 2 12 Last