Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Going for the GOLD!

Going for the GOLD!

  1. #1

    Going for the GOLD!

    I've noticed that in every review of AA I've seen, it never gets the top score! It always gets either a 4 out of 5 or a 9 out of 10! Now, fellow supporters of this game, I ask you to type exactly WHAT you would add to this game to make it get a perfect score. We are Going for the GOLD here!

  2. #2
    Smoke Bombs.

  3. #3
    More gadgets (like smoke bombs mentioned above, binoculars maybe)
    Grapple anywhere (Just Cause 2 great example)
    Detective work that actually requires detective work some parts of it felt too easy
    Able to hide in the shadows
    Customizable utility belt
    Whatever happened to the American dream? It came true, you're looking at it .

  4. #4
    Customizable Batman like bulid your perfect Batman,
    I killed Jason Todd and all i got was this lousy t-shirt.

  5. #5
    Like someone said before, it would make the game better if you can hide in the shadows, it would kinda be like splinter cell. And ESPECIALLY the smoke bombs, kinda surprised they didn't put them in the game.

  6. #6
    interactive environments similar to hitman i.e. switching off lights etc

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,063
    Originally Posted by CaptainMcMulla
    interactive environments similar to hitman i.e. switching off lights etc
    Yeah, good idea. Things to distract/scare enemies with in the environment would be great.

    And also, I want to smash someone's head off a wall.

    Add environment takedowns, damnit!

  8. #8
    No game has ever been or will be worth 100p/100p.
    But yeah: smoke bombs, batbolas, light/shadow stealth, enemies don't get knocked out after falling 1 feet or hanging upside down and can help each other to get up, hard difficulty Challenges. Overall tons of little details and more content.

    In reality I believe this game doesn't get 10/10 because of the replayability. Normal reviewers need multiplayer to actually count the game replayable. "Fun storymode with collectibles" and challenge maps on which you can get the "perfect score" don't cut it. Many developers say you can't make a game without multiplayer anymore.

    Plus some reviewers say the game is too simple. The game has plenty of layers from sneaking to combat to detective work, but none of them are perfect in their opinion. "Combat is too easy" (Really, in most games pressing 1 button is all you need. Combat might be a bit slow but it balances the camera unlike in Ninja Gaiden), "Stealth is too easy" and "Detective work isn't that much detective work plus it obscures the amazing graphics"

  9. #9
    I think the cape clipping if that was perfect, the game would be...for me atleast, i can live with the minor stuff that wasnt in the game, but fix the stuff that was
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by JD_Method
    Yeah, good idea. Things to distract/scare enemies with in the environment would be great.

    And also, I want to smash someone's head off a wall.

    Add environment takedowns, damnit!
    Amen.

  11. #11
    I wish they had added the ability to replay certain missions at any time after they were beaten. I don't wanna have to play through the entire game just because I want to fight Poison Ivy again or redo the final boss battle. If this had been added it would have definitely added a few points on my review score.
    "It's the car right, chicks love the car.

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by kalle90
    No game has ever been or will be worth 100p/100p.
    How DARE you say that sir, as if B: AA was never worth 100%!

  13. #13
    Also, if villains like Freeze are in the game, Batman may have different suits for them considering his current suit may not at all be suited to fight off Freeze. Kinda like in the show, "The Batman". To be honest, if they were to incorporate everything into the game that we've just listed here, it would probably won't be released for another 5 or six months from the planned date, but look at the bright side, the game will be much better than the first.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by The Bat
    Also, if villains like Freeze are in the game, Batman may have different suits for them considering his current suit may not at all be suited to fight off Freeze. Kinda like in the show, "The Batman". To be honest, if they were to incorporate everything into the game that we've just listed here, it would probably won't be released for another 5 or six months from the planned date, but look at the bright side, the game will be much better than the first.
    Maybe not suits, but gadgets.

  15. #15
    yeah, but i wouldn't want and overload of gadgets, which MAY happen, plus if there were, some of them may end up being useless and are just there for the sake of being there.

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by The Bat
    yeah, but i wouldn't want and overload of gadgets, which MAY happen, plus if there were, some of them may end up being useless and are just there for the sake of being there.
    I thought that, if the rumors about Robin are true they can split the gadgets between the two. For example they should have two different stories so that the player can defeat the villains two different ways.

  17. #17
    Originally Posted by Zboto
    How DARE you say that sir, as if B: AA was never worth 100%!
    No smoke bombs -1p
    No batbolas - 1p
    End credits presentation - 1p
    No multiplayer and Robin - 1p

    I don't DARE to go on but the end result is about 91p

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by kalle90
    no smoke bombs -1p
    no batbolas - 1p
    end credits presentation - 1p
    no multiplayer and robin - 1p

    i don't dare to go on but the end result is about 91p
    we have a traitor here!

  19. #19
    Well games CAN be worth 100 percent but it would be one of the hardest things to do, plus i think this game is probably 98 percent and i really don't think people should rate the game on what it DOESN'T have, like smokebombs. I rate games on what's there and what a good of a job they did with the things in the game, i don't rate games depending on the amount of stuff that you'd wish were in it but currently aren't. Plus, i think having multiplayer would ruin it plus... you don't always need multiplayer to have a game 100 percent.

  20. #20
    Soo... 91/100 sucks and this game is absolutely horrible...

    I rate what could or should have been there too. If the game didn't have batarangs I would damn sure remove a few more points. If the game wants to have 100% it better have everything we can expect it to have, and done well on top of that.
    Including multiplayer can make single player suffer, but a good multiplayer is always a plus. There are times when you want to play Batman but there's someone else and you end up playing some other game. Plus a huge part of Batman are his sidekicks

    There are real flaws like the stealth and some stiff mechanics too.

    Then again, I'd say most games are worth 6 or 7 while some give them all 8 or 9. If I reviewed games, only a few games would be bought at full price

  21. #21
    Originally Posted by kalle90
    Soo... 91/100 sucks and this game is absolutely horrible...

    I rate what could or should have been there too. If the game didn't have batarangs I would damn sure remove a few more points. If the game wants to have 100% it better have everything we can expect it to have, and done well on top of that.
    Including multiplayer can make single player suffer, but a good multiplayer is always a plus. There are times when you want to play Batman but there's someone else and you end up playing some other game. Plus a huge part of Batman are his sidekicks

    There are real flaws like the stealth and some stiff mechanics too.

    Then again, I'd say most games are worth 6 or 7 while some give them all 8 or 9. If I reviewed games, only a few games would be bought at full price
    Think about the combat, it would Never work for multiplayer, and Batman doesnt need sidkicks, ever think why the Batman movies do much better when robin isnt in the picture? Not that robin is a dick (pun intended) its because it kinda ruins Batmans persona for todays world, if it was Brave and the Bold game then he should be in it at some part..

    There was no stealth in the game! Wernt you paying attention???

    And most games are worth 6-7 but this one is definately a 9.5 regardless
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

  22. #22
    You have to think about it though, 'cause multiplayer is ONLY a plus, for that reason, points should not be taken out because the game doesn't have it. Plus batarangs are pretty much Batman's main weapon of choice and smokebombs are not, so they really are two completely different aspects that should not have the same amount of attention. Plus, the community always wanted a Batman game that would get Batman perfectly, so why waste time on one of his sidekicks when the game is pretty much focusing on getting Batman right in a game for the first time, once they do that, for the sequel they can add the sidekicks. Plus i don't think 91 percent is horrible obviously but several games are always underrated or overrated.

  23. #23
    Originally Posted by The Bat
    You have to think about it though, 'cause multiplayer is ONLY a plus, for that reason, points should not be taken out because the game doesn't have it. Plus batarangs are pretty much Batman's main weapon of choice and smokebombs are not, so they really are two completely different aspects that should not have the same amount of attention. Plus, the community always wanted a Batman game that would get Batman perfectly, so why waste time on one of his sidekicks when the game is pretty much focusing on getting Batman right in a game for the first time, once they do that, for the sequel they can add the sidekicks. Plus i don't think 91 percent is horrible obviously but several games are always underrated or overrated.

    I agree!
    No one complained when Batman didnt use a Batrang nor Smokebomb in TDK. Also dont look at it from a Batman perspective, its a game look at it from a gamers perspective!
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,831
    Originally Posted by Batman The Sequel Hunter
    Think about the combat, it would Never work for multiplayer
    Unless they work around it from the start. Didn't people say Multiplayer wouldn't work for Uncharted either? Yet here we got Uncharted 2 with Multiplayer.

    and Batman doesnt need sidkicks
    Opinion, not a fact.

    ever think why the Batman movies do much better when robin isnt in the picture?
    Yes because 1 bad director means that the character was wrong, not how it was portrayed. Are you also saying Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane and Riddler don't work because of said director?
    Not that robin is a dick (pun intended) its because it kinda ruins Batmans persona for todays world
    How about picking up a comic book of "today's world" before judging? Especially Paul Dini's comic books, since he's the man writing the story for this game.

  25. #25
    I had a really good idea for what would make Arkham 2 the best game ever, I was so proud of myself.... but I then went to work and now that I'm back I forgot what it was
    I'll keep thinking.
    I killed Jason Todd and all i got was this lousy t-shirt.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last