Thread: Bad kitty bit Santa

Bad kitty bit Santa

Whats up peoples

Now, this is true for what I read. A cat has bitten a man as the jolly St. Nick
    which was yesterday at a pet store chain "PetSmart", here in NJ. The cat was surrounded by many dogs and became restless in fear. When Santa reached for the cat, he got bit hard at the hand and wrist. The owner left the
    store with the cat. The lady bought the cat from a breeder in Wyoming for $1500.

Well, Santa may need to get a shot for rabies if any. Some described it as a
    Bobcat.

my gosh thats horrible what a mean little bob cat

If it were under normal circumstances, probably, but if it's surrounded by dogs, as it says, a defensive reaction wasn't so nasty.
    A kitten biting Santa wouldn't've been as nasty as Santa biting the cat, anyway.

Ah well, don't worry Santa is some sort of god, he can't die. I mean look at how long he's been about and all the hype and propaganda.

Oh I'm sure Santa has gotten much worse from polar bears.
    To be proud of virtue, is to poison yourself with the antidote

Hehehehe go kitty

What a mean old man to scare a cat like that.

I don't think the intention was to scare the cat

Here's the full story:

A Santa Claus posing with pets at a New Jersey Petsmart store says a bobcat brought in by a woman scratched and bit his hand and arm.

Jonathan Bebbington, who was dressed as Santa for the Santa Paws charity event in Hamilton Township, said the cat bit him several times during his 5-minute struggle with it, WMGM-TV in Linwood, N.J., reported Wednesday.

The feline's owner, who told volunteers her pet had been shipped from Wyoming for $1,500, left with the bobcat after the incident without giving her name. Bebbington said he will have to undergo a series of rabies shots if the owner is not found.

Bobcat ownership is illegal in the state of New Jersey, WMGM said.

Copyright 2008 by United Press International

I hope everyone involved is OK, and if they find the owner I hope they don't hurt the Bobcat. It breaks my heart whenever I hear that an animal has to be put down because it has injured a human.

Of course the poor kitty was scared. I hope the "owner" has learned a lesson, and I hope Santa heals well and is not forever scared of large kitties. I also hope no one takes this as a sign the kitty was bad, she was just scared and should get a double helping of tuna tonight.

But to be obvious, a man with a huge white beard coming for me if I was surrounded by dogs would freak me out too. I might not have stopped with a few bites in an attempt to escape the big scary man!

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Bison View Post

I hope everyone involved is OK, and if they find the owner I hope they don't hurt the Bobcat. It breaks my heart whenever I hear that an animal has to be put down because it has injured a human.
    I hope they do not find the ownr, I think the test for rabies is death to the animal.

Here's the full story:

A Santa Claus posing with pets at a New Jersey Petsmart store says a bobcat brought in by a woman scratched and bit his hand and arm.

Jonathan Bebbington, who was dressed as Santa for the Santa Paws charity event in Hamilton Township, said the cat bit him several times during his 5-minute struggle with it, WMGM-TV in Linwood, N.J., reported Wednesday.

The feline's owner, who told volunteers her pet had been shipped from Wyoming for $1,500, left with the bobcat after the incident without giving her name. Bebbington said he will have to undergo a series of rabies shots if the owner is not found.

Let's hope not. I think it's the fault of the owner. Bobcat as a pet? They are wild animals. Do I have the feeling that Jon might sue?

Quote Originally Posted by SpyroTDragon View Post
    Bobcat as a pet?
    Are they absoluetly sure it was a bobcat, not a large manx? Numerous people mistake manx cats for bobcats.

Sounds very unlikely though if she bought it from someone. Just a thought.

Here's the full story:

I do hope that story had an age rating, we wouldn't want any kids to find out that

Is there some strange cat shortage in the states, i can't imagine any one would be willing to pay $1500 for a cat
    Not unless it spoke English anyway........

^

LOL

Whats happenin Racinlady. Haven't seen you in a while.

Poor kitty.

Makes me a bigger fan of cats