Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia Issues: Please Post Your DXDiag Here

Nvidia Issues: Please Post Your DXDiag Here

We’ve been monitoring the issues being reported by NVIDIA users, and we’re working closely with them to try and identify and fix issues. What we really need is information from a wide range of people, because at the moment we can’t comprehensively reproduce every issue that’s being reported.

If you’re using an NVIDIA card and experiencing issues, we’d love to hear from you. Please post your DXDiag data in this thread, along with the in-game video settings that you’re using. This will help to work with NVIDIA on creating a fix.

Please keep this thread on topic by posting only DXDiag information below. If you'd like to report and discuss other PC issues, please continue the conversation in our Official PC Troubleshooting thread.

Thanks a lot for your help!

I have 2x Nvidia 690s in quad SLI with the latest beta drivers.

I use all settings maxed and on at 2560x1600.

SSAA causes horrible lag and also screws up the hair in a variety of ways (blurring it, smudging it, etc.).

SLI breaks Tressfx, making hair behave jittery like Lara is undergoing an electric shock. It does not move naturally like with SLI off. SLI off however kills framerate.

Tessellation causes the game to crash randomly.

4xSSAA TressFX v-sync off, a bad hair day in Tomb Raider

March 9 patch, on a single GTX680 with latest nVidia beta driver, all setting maxed out fullscreen,

1) TressFX 4xSSAA no longer work, hair would look all smudge and blur. However TressFX with 2xSSAA work (occasionally, her hair would disappeared and come back). Please look into this bug.

2) Shadow look really weird around the face with TressFX on. A bit too fat for thin hair.

3) Also, if I change graphic setting during gaming, the game would eventually fail to render or crash.

4) V-sync on would eventually cause the game to crash, even when using FXAA w/ TressFX.

Thank you for trying hard to resolve the issue. I beat the game and loving every minute of it.

Game Setting:
    Fullscreen with Exclusive
    Res: 1920x1080
    Refresh Rate: 60Hz
    Monitor Aspect: 16:9

V-sync off (when on, the TressFX defied the wind blow direction, and would cause crash. I believe this is the main cause of crashes, especially with TressFX on.)
    Everything on Advance graphic setup are all maxed out, with the exception of AA. I'm currently using 2xSSAA due to the bug described above.

Spec:
    i7-3770
    eVGA GTX680 Sig 2 (Driver 314.14 beta)
    Sabertooth z77
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB
    WD Black 2TB
    Win7 64bits

Game crashes. I have had game crashes to desktop as well as full SYSTEM crashes that require a manual reboot. I have been able to play the game partially in small bits. I have not been able to access the campfire where you first unlock fast travel. It would crash every time it went into the menu to show me how fast travel works. That camp fire crashed at least 5 times on me, I simply cannot access it. The game has also crashed at other various points without warning as well as eliciting graphical glitches (kaleidoscope geometry vomit).

I have tried multiple settings and drivers and all have still created crashes. Here is my current setup.

Game Setting:
    Monitor Aspect: Auto
    V-Sync: Double Buffer
    Texture: Ultra (post processing) (High Precision)
    Texture Filter: Anisotropic 4x (Tessellation)
    Anti-Aliasing: FXAA
    Shadows: Normal
    Shadow Res: Normal
    Level of Detail: Ultra
    Hair Quality: Normal
    Reflections: Normal
    DoF: Normal
    SSAO: Normal

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)
    System Model: XPS 8500
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12248MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Display Memory: 4042 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1994 MB
    Shared Memory: 2047 MB
    Driver Version: 314.07

Here's my DXDiag launched in 64-Bits mode:

Also my PC system specs:

Motherboard:Z68A-D3H-B3
    CPU:Intel Core-i5 2400 3.1GHZ
    Ram:HYPER-X KINGSTON 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ
    GPU:Gigabyte GTX 660Ti Windforce O'ced Version 2GB
    HDD:Seagate 1TB SATA III
    Power Supply:Thermaltake 750 W

Installed latest beta drivers (314.14)

Since already some ppl posted many crashes and issues with the game ive been having lately i wanna speak about the performance im getting.

Fullscreen (NO Exclusive)
    Monitor Aspect: Auto
    V-Sync: Triple Buffer
    Texture Filter: Anisotropic 16x (Tessellation)
    Shadow Res: High
    Reflections: High
    DoF: Normal
    SSAO: Ultra

Without Tressfx and DOF to ultra but Normal quality im getting in game 60 fps but in open areas i get down to 40 fps and sometimes it keeps getting worse to like 30-35 fps when i use instincts on huge areas.

Also in cutscenes where i have 60 fps i get random drops and i go down to 45 fps or even 40 sometimes when for example a cutscene happens in a close area where there's almost nothing distant to read.

Now if i use Tressfx and turn DOF to Ultra too my average fps almost 80% of the time are 35-45 fps (including huge areas).In cutscenes i can drop even down to 18-23 fps again when a cutscene happens in a close area as i explained before and with instincts on (while i zoom with a weapon) i go to 26-30 fps.

Hope i helped with my description and with my DXDiag.

DxDiag:

Game Settings:
    Fullscreen, no exclusive
    V-Snc: double buffer
    Texture Quality: Ultra (post processing) (High Precision)
    DoF: Ultra

Notes: Game crashes randomly every 1-5 minutes and suffers from partially very low framerate

My info

My game crashes at the beginning in the same place each time. It's just after Lara is grabbed and you have to kick free. You wade through some water then there is a waterfall or some water pouring down. As you walk up to it the games crashes to the desktop with the error....

Corrupt texture data passed into PCDX11Texture constructor!

The game dose not close I have to kill the process in task manager.

This just repeats.

Res: 2560x1600
    Monitor Aspect: 16:10
    Texture Filter: Anisotropic 4x (Tessellation)
    Shadows: Ultra
    Shadow Res: Ultra
    Hair Quality: Ultra
    Reflections: Ultra

OS - Win8 Pro with MC
    MB - P8Z68 LE
    GPU - GTX690
    CPU - i5 2400
    RAM - 12GB

On board sound is disabled in the BIOS. I am using the Display Port on the 690 to my AVR my main display is connected directly to a DVI port.

Fullscreen, Exclusive ON

Quality : Ultime

post processing : ON
    High Precision : ON
    Tessellation : ON

Texture: Ultra
    Texture Filter: Anisotropic 16x
    Hair Quality: TressFX

A lot of crashes, something like 1 every 10/20 minutes
    Somtimes my game freeze for like 1/2 seconds and come back to normal but it doesn't happen that much.
    With TressFX ON i don't have a big fps lost ( i'm at 60 - 40 when playing ) but when there is a cutscene it's really bad ... like 15 - 25 fps.

Havn't notice more because i've been playing the game for like 2 hours ( restarting the story like 3 times to show the game to friends ) i'm just waiting for a fix to 100% enjoy it.

560ti in SLI + I5 3570K OC

Hello :

- 2xGTX560ti in SLI Here with Latest Beta 314.14
    - i5 3570K 4.3OC stock voltage
    - 8GB RAM

Game Settings:

Full screen - on
    Exclusive Full screen - on

Res - 1080
    Ref rate - 60hz
    V-sync - Triple
    Quality - Custom :

Texture : Ultra
    TExt filter : Ani 8x
    Anti Alias : FXAA
    Shadow : Normal
    Shadow Res : High
    Level of Detail : Ultra
    Post Proc : on
    High Prec : on
    Tessellation : off
    Hair : Normal
    Reflect : High
    DoF : Ultra
    SSAO : Ultra

The game would run fine for the most of the part 60+ FPS, sudden slow downs to a crawl (1-5 FPS) - esp when there is a lot of fire / cut scenes / when accessing camp fire menu.

Always slows down at the same place - example, the scene right after you get the rifle first time and being attacked by bunch of dudes! Every time.

Huge slow down, after Lara sets the signal fire off and the plane crashes - with appcrash sometimes. Never tried this with single card.

Other than that silky smooth steam frames.

DXDiag:

The only issues I have experienced so far are blinking walls (one time at the monastery, was wondering why I could not pick up a book) and the usual TressFX smudged hair. There was also some extremely low frame rates at the windy monastery. Whenever the the wind would pick up and blur the screen, the game would almost stall. Turning off antialiasing seemed to appease the gaming gods.

I am running a 690 in surround mode (5760x1080), latest (beta) drivers, maximum settings on everything except the hair and AA.

DxDiag:

I am running on a stock i5 3570k and Galaxy GTX 670 on the 310.70 driver (I tried the latest drivers but they only produced more crashes). Cutscenes in the game where there is a close up of Lara's hair along with a light source (like in the beginning, where she goes down a ladder to investigate the singing) make the game stutter and crash unless tressFX is disabled.
    Recently I have also been getting a crash every two minutes of gameplay, with or without tressFX and tessellation enabled.
    Normally, I have been playing on these settings:

Fullscreen, no Exclusive Fullscreen
    Resolution: 1920x1200
    Refresh Rate: 59
    V-Sync: Off
    Monitor Aspect Ratio: Auto
    Texture Quality: Ultra
    Texture Filter: Anisotropic 16X
    Shadow Resolution: High
    Post Processing: On
    High Precision: On
    Tessellation: On
    Hair Quality: TressFX
    Reflections: Normal
    Depth of Field: Normal
    SSAO: Normal

DxDiag Output:

2x EVGA NVIDIA GTX 690s in Quad-SLI (GeForce BETA Drivers 314.14)
    Intel i7-3770K (overclocked to 4.2 Ghz)
    16GB (4x4GB) Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600Mhz

Basic Video Settings:
    Fullscreen: ON
    Exclusive Fullscreen: ON
    Resolution: 2560 x 1600
    Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
    Quality: Custom
    Stereoscopic 3D: OFF

Advanced Video Settings:
    Using the Ultra Preset with the exception of Anti-Aliasing which I've set to 2x SSAA. This translates to:
    Post Processing: ON
    High Precision: ON
    Tessellation: ON
    Anti-Aliasing: 2x SSAA
    Depth of Field: Ultra

Issues:

1. Tessellation causes the game to crash frequently (every few minutes, it seems) after exiting the cave at the beginning of the game. These are hard crashes where the screen goes black and the system becomes completely unresponsive (I need to use the power button to shut the machine off and then then turn it back on).

2. Tessellation also causes very faint and rapidly moving black blobs/noise to occasionally appear on Lara's body. This is most easily noticed on the close-up of her face at the beginning of the benchmark.

3. The introductory FMV (after starting a new game) shows a black screen if SSAA is enabled. The audio plays fine, and the keyboard and gamepad are still responsive and can be used to skip the FMV. FMV works fine with FXAA.

4. TressFX hair behaves oddly in the benchmark if SLI is enabled. Hair "spazzes out" for the lack of a better word (strands vibrate and jitter rapidly and move in random directions). Hair behavior is improved if SLI is disabled.

5. Performance with TressFX and AA in the benchmark is buggy in in several ways:
    5a. TressFX + FXAA: works fine (60+ FPS) most of the time, but occasionally it will perform significantly worse (< 20 FPS). I have not been able to determine what causes these occasional slowdowns.
    5b. TressFX + 2x SSAA: absolutely demolishes my FPS (~1 FPS) and transforms Lara's hair into a floating mess. On top of this, the color of her hair flashes rapidly between different solid shades of brown.
    5c. TressFX + 4x SSAA: reverts to normal hair for some reason. Performs fine otherwise.

*** NOTE / Update :

Just found something - Post Processing, when disabled gets rid of sudden FPS drops to 1 - 3 fps for me.

- Cards run 10C cooler , same for CPU.
    - In general everything is way more stable.

Unhappy

My Specs

Koolance PC4-1036BK Liquid Cooled Aluminum Full Tower Case (Upgraded to displace 1320watt of heat) - Koolance 360 ver 1.2 CPU Water Block - PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Fluid - Asus P6X58D Premium - Intel I7 950 - Evga GTX580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 x2 in SLI - Enermax Galaxy 1000W - Mushkin Enhanced Radioactive 12GB 1600 XMP - Klipsch 5.1 THX Cert Speakers - Sata II Kingston 300 Series SSD 120GB, WD 2TB, 250GB & 1TB - Cyborg RAT 7 MMO Mouse - Logitech G19 - Logitech G13 Gameboard - 3x Viewsonic's VA2448M-LED 24-Inch for Nvidia Surround - Ergotech Triple Horizontal LCD Monitor Arm Desk Stand

I currently have Tomb Raider installed on my SSD, but Steam is on my 1TB. My issues are fps dropping to 1 or 3 fps when combat is initiated, physics objects are used (this is frequent, almost 90% of the time interacted), when listening to Lara's first diary at the camp fire I could hear her reading it but the screen was 1fps the whole time until she was done and changing my setting to High did nothing to fix these issues.

Edit: I run Tomb Raider (2013) at 5760x1080 with FXAA on and TressFX off, everything else is maxed and I avrg 38fps on the benchmark.

1920x1080
    i have gtx 580m [msi gt783 laptop] - 1 driver only, provided by msi for overclock gpu support [3fps gain], so i can't update drivers.

i have everything maximum dx11 except antialiase/anisotropic/vsync/tressfx/tesselation/post processing/high precision.

for me the game works but enabling tressfx only costs me 35fps from 60 = 25fps
    tess costs me 10 fps from 60 = 50fps
    post process costs me around 30fps from 60 = 30fps and
    high precision costs me 3 fps from 60 = 57fps
    if all enabled, i get as low as 12fps.

i'm especially surprised that post processing is so demanding considering it just makes the light glow

tressfx is only really bad when close up for example when lara is hiding shortly before her first kill.

maybe there are some optimizations that can be done. thanks,

1920x1200 and lower resolution
    Core i7-2600K @ 3800 MHz, HT on or off
    Intel P67 chipset mobo
    16 GB (4x4) 1600 MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX @ 1600 Mhz
    Gigabyte GTX670 2048 MB VRAM
    Win7 Ultimate x64 on SSD, pagefile off

Game (on Steam) is totally unpalyable @ DX11 - with any video settings, with any nVidia 3xx series drivers I've got blank black screen (or window - depending of video settings and resolution used). Before game update were was problem with initialisation of 3D settings (with Exclusive fullscreen mode on), now it's fixed.

In DX9 mode (forced in system registry by changing HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Crystal Dynamics\Tomb Raider\Graphics -> RenderAPI from "0" to "9") all graphics settings max. runs fair with some random crashes (tested before game update).

Update: The new patch and drivers from Nvidia have fixed the crashes with Tessellation and improved performance greatly. Thanks for the fix!

Problems:

I have a GTX 670 and the game runs fine with the setting listed below. However, turning on Tessellation causes the game to crash randomly. Also turning on TressFX halves my FPS from about 60fps to 30fps. I haven't tried to play with TressFX for a long period of time so I don't know if it causes crashes as well.

Game settings:

Fullscreen, no Exclusive Fullscreen
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    Refresh Rate: 120Hz
    V-Sync: Off
    Post Processing: On
    High Precision: On
    Tessellation: Off
    Depth of Field: Ultra

DXDiag:

dxdiag.txt

Or download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hcxh35...i62/DxDiag.txt

update I have tried enabling dx9 mode as described above my game still crashes at the same point but now with a new error

Corrupt texture data passed into PCTexture constructor!

This may be where not having an nVidia 600 series is doing me a favor! I've got a GTX 580 on an I7 2600k and had no issues with crashing / graphics while running the game on Ultra all the way through. But having seen the issues, I played with settings some on the benchmark to help collect stats.

I ran through several tests and there's a point at which the 4x SSAA and TressFX don't make for bad hair rendering. When resolution got up to 1680 x 1050, the hair turned into this nasty, pasty brown flashing mess. Below that resolution hair rendered fine, but slowed FPS considerably. I never had an issue with the hair on FXAA settings, just FPS drops. I also noticed the graphics card memory use when doing 4xSSAA and TressFX was about a quarter of the tests with normal hair, likely from the GPU not getting much done. And the hair clipped her shoulder and ears badly regardless.

My settings were Double Buffered VSync with the conditions listed below. CPU stayed pretty normal at about 50% use of all four physical cores. It only seemed to touch the virtual ones when loading. Hard disk activity seemed pretty similar across the tests, too.

1920x1080 Exclusive Full Screen
    Ultra Default (FXAA, Normal hair) - 46 FPS
    Ultimate Default (FXAA, TressFX) - 30 FPS
    Ultra with 4x SSAA - 27 FPS
    Ultimate with 4x SSAA - 8 FPS with the failure hair mentioned above.

1280x720 Windowed
    Ultra - 57 FPS with only 70% GPU use.
    Ultimate - 48 FPS
    Ultra 4xSSAA - 51 FPS
    Ultimate 4xSSAA - 14 FPS with the hair rendering normally.

I did have one anomaly in testing. At 1440 x 900 exclusive full screen with 4xSSAA and TressFX, after the benchmark completed the main menu screen went CRAZY. It was rendering on top of itself and at multiple orientations. I'm not sure if this was a problem caused by the random video size or what, but no other level caused this problem. Screenshots taken in Steam showed no graphical issues, only the display was freaking out. I didn't try to reproduce it
    Let us know if you need more things tested!

Problem: Game only utilizes around 20% of my GTX 690.
    Through most parts I only have 30 FPS.
    And the game crashes after 4 minutes with the 314.14 drivers.

Game settings:

1920 x 1080 @ 120 Hz
    V-Sync Off
    Post Processing On
    High Precision On
    Tessellation On
    TressFX
    AA (FXAA)
    Quality is set to Ultimate.

DXDiag file

Using March 9th Patch.

System Specs:
    Windows Vista x64 SP2
    i7 920 Quad Core @ 2.67Ghz
    6GB DDR3 RAM
    Nvidia GTX 560 Ti (single Card)
    Nvidia Drivers: Tried with driver ranges 310.61 through to 314.14

Issues Listed below are specific to Tomb Raider (no issues with other games) and occur regardless of in-game graphics settings, (unless otherwise stated):

1) Random frame rate drops to stuttering slideshow of 5-8 FPS.
    Although random typically occur under the following conditions:
    -Using campsite / campsite menu.
    -Aiming weapons
    -Environments where wind effects are present
    (e.g. crossing bridge to Tomb of Enlightenment)

Occasionally toggling Esc to open menu or alt+tabbing in and out of game will resolve but not consistently.

2) Monitor will randomly go into standby mode, stating no signal detected. Forced to Hard restart PC to resolve.
    On restart Windows will report unexpected shutdown due to BSOD.

3) Settings Specific: TressFX - (AMENDED) With Texture Quality set to Ultra, when TressFX is enabled the Framerate does not exceed a maximum of 8 FPS. If Texture Quality is reduced to High, when TressFX is enabled benchmark FPS is much better, with minimum FPS of 25. However, issues 1) & 2) above occur regardless of whether TressFX is enabled or not.

DX Diag attached.

V-Sync: No
    Shadows: Ultra
    Shadow Res: Ultra
    Reflections: Ultra

OS - Win8 Pro
    MB - Asrock Z68
    GPU - GTX660 ti
    CPU - i5 2500k