Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Do people actually debate this???

Do people actually debate this???

Do people actually debate this???

Found this site while randomly wandering around. http://rockpapershotgun.com/rpsforum/topic.php?id=545 Epic gamer fail.

Well, to be fair, there's really only one person saying that DX was crap. And by their own admission they cheat at every game they play because they find it too hard. Aoanla I think is the person's name, said that the first game they didn't use cheats on was Half Life 2. This person is clearly just at games. Like a person who doesn't speak English shouldn't judge Shakespeare (which, I think, they also said hadn't aged well).

But what frightens me most is that's the sort of person I think DX3 might be trying to reach. The person who found playing the opening levels of DX too hard because they couldn't shoot and blow up everything they wanted too.
    So, ten seconds wait, and then thirty seconds for health regeneration... colour me surprised. Moderately happily surprised.

LOL what a moron...

Welcome to the internet.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

To me there is a big problem with some people's culture.
    For most people FPS = no subtlety in the gameplay, run and gun and such things.
    To me most games proven that is wrong, but I think that's not the case for everyone.
    I don't talk about those First Person Shooters with RPG elements. I talk about FPS and only FPS.

Games like Thief, Flashpoint, Swat 4, Unreal, Far Cry, Red Faction, Soldier of Fortune, Half life, Duke Nukem, Counter Strike, Painkiller or Serious Sam are all First Person Shooters.

The main difference between most FPS is the fact that there some games that are subtle, some in between, and some others completely brutal.

This guy didn't understand what DX is about, but I think for most people FPS equals gun blazing everywhere...
    If you want to make enemies; just dumb something down
    The manderley song => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WnBeglPl7s

If he just played it for the first time, he obviously won't be as impressed by it as he would have been if he had played it 10 years ago when it was first released. His complaints seem to come from the "Why isn't this Half Life" school of thought which means he has completely missed the point.

Personally, I'm not one of those people who worship DX as an infalible deity but it is comfortably in my all time top 10.

Originally Posted by demon boy
    If he just played it for the first time, he obviously won't be as impressed by it as he would have been if he had played it 10 years ago when it was first released. His complaints seem to come from the "Why isn't this Half Life" school of thought which means he has completely missed the point.

Personally, I'm not one of those people who worship DX as an infalible deity but it is comfortably in my all time top 10.
    Agreed. It is a kind of marmite game with people, I played DX for the first time early last year but It is definitely one of the best FPS-RPG games I've played.

There is many people who thinks DX isn't perfect, that doesn't mean they approve the decisions made for this prequel.

Originally Posted by Blade_hunter
    There is many people who thinks DX isn't perfect, that doesn't mean they approve the decisions made for this prequel.
    My only worries for DXHR is the variety of weapons, how skills will work and what skills been added/taken out.

I'm sure they'll keep the variety of weapons but things like melee weapons were pretty fun and obviously they could add some more depth to melee combat (condemned or chronicles of riddick style). I just hope they don't favour one kind of weapon over another.

I think you have chances to be disappointed, second your expectations.
    there is no skills in this game, just skillpoints and your augs will use those skill points to be upgraded
    And the melee combat isn't in full first person like the great condemned.
    I have much more clues about what the ranged combat gameplay will look like than the melee.
    But the weapons in therms of variety sounds to be unknown in therms of variety, we know about 3 guns (pistol, assault rifle and sniper) and 5 grenades.

I think you have chances to be disappointed, second your expectations.
    there is no skills in this game, just skillpoints and your augs will use those skill points to be upgraded
    And the melee combat isn't in full first person like the great condemned.
    I have much more clues about what the ranged combat gameplay will look like than the melee.
    But the weapons in therms of variety sounds to be unknown in therms of variety, we know about 3 guns (pistol, assault rifle and sniper) and 5 grenades.
    If the skill points system is so then skills basically = augs now. I know SOME augs will go out of first person when you use them but I am honestly not worried about third person cover or some augs going into third person. Third person cover is optional like they said years back. Magazines should shed some light on it.

there is also third person takedowns and the cover system isn't that optional
    That's the core of their ranged combat system like the regenerating health.

Originally Posted by LyreOfNero
    Found this site while randomly wandering around. http://rockpapershotgun.com/rpsforum/topic.php?id=545 Epic gamer fail.
    These guys are the main reason why we have such shallow and boring games today :/ sad, really sad.

there is also third person takedowns and the cover system isn't that optional
    That's the core of their ranged combat system like the regenerating health.
    We don't have definitive proof about that stuff. 2 year old information isn't much to go by, i mean they changed up their art style from what it used to be completely.

Originally Posted by Shadowdagger
    These guys are the main reason why we have such shallow and boring games today :/ sad, really sad.
    There will always be magazines/sites that task reviewers with games that they won't like. It's damn hard to find someone who isn't biased towards a certain type of game.

No really ? even newer informations we got tends to prove that's not outdated in the gameplay area.

No really ? even newer informations we got tends to prove that's not outdated in the gameplay area.
    Doesn't mean that they haven't tweaked it, I believe them when they say their hardcore fans and won't disappoint us. Obviously they have to adapt it by adding more modern mechanics but their not just going to think up an idea and sit on it for 2 years.

Tweak or not that won't change much things.
    Second thing A game is a thing that is in the overall planed.
    The ranged combat will look like, what I've seen in R6vegas.
    At least most news today tends to show it.

Originally Posted by Mr. K
    Welcome to the internet.
    It just gets scarier!
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Tweak or not that won't change much things.
    Second thing A game is a thing that is in the overall planed.
    The ranged combat will look like, what I've seen in R6vegas.
    At least most news today tends to show it.
    What it's like on paper could feel completely different in-game. Don't let that one thing put you off the game.

No no this is confirmed, man

Yes it's confirmed, my point is it might play out better than you think. It's not a game breaking feature and immersion never really was a selling point for the original DX, nor for this one it seems.

What is?
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Come you know what is it. the same thing that people try to deny that is true.
    "Oh noes that's impossible that the gunfights would be like R6V !"
    "You didn't see the game, blah, blah, blah"

Yeah, but the informations stick strangely with my previsions
    Referring to the design decision that Dugas talked about earlier this year ("We want to remove the RPG aspect of the fighting, and make it more straightforward, like you see in games such as Rainbow Six.")
    The little bit of gameplay we saw was both first and third person. It was in stills, but can you talk a little about that?

Jonathan Jacques Belletete, Art Director: Yeah, it’s a first person shooter. You can also do these third person takedowns on enemies. You can like trigger your augmentations and lethally or non-lethally takedown enemies. At that point the camera comes into third person and you see Adam pulling off moves on enemies. And when you take cover it goes to third person like Rainbow Six: Vegas where you see the guy.

Come you know what is it. the same thing that people try to deny that is true.
    "Oh noes that's impossible that the gunfights would be like R6V !"
    "You didn't see the game, blah, blah, blah"

Yeah, but the informations stick strangely with my previsions
    Can you honestly say combat mainly dictated by skills is engaging and effective as a selling point?

Yeah I see you missed the point of my post.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last