Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Tanks with Threads.

Tanks with Threads.

Tanks with Threads.

Has anyone any idea if there will be Tanks that ride on treads instead of wheels in JC2?

There werent any in JC1...so I figure there might not be any this time either...

It takes some complex mechanics to get treads to behave correctly in a game...

only PC games have achieved it correctly but I do think it can be done on a console...

I really like armored vehicle combat so Tanks are something Im looking forward to...

It would be nice if they did have threads, but if not, then I at least hope for some good variety...

So far we have only seen one tank in the game which rides on 4 wheels...

Its more of an infantry fighting vehicle than a main battle tank but has nice power...

Im hoping they put in some heavy armored battle tanks, treaded or wheeled...

Ones with really big guns with huge firepower and very durable, maybe this one:
    Is that an exploding gas canister or popcorn?

Originally Posted by JAGeng
    Has anyone any idea if there will be Tanks that ride on threads instead of wheels in JC2?

There werent any in JC1...so I figure there might not be any this time either...

It takes some complex mechanics to get threads to behave correctly in a game...

only PC games have achieved it correctly but I do think it can be done on a console...

I really like armored vehicle combat so Tanks are something Im looking forward to...

It would be nice if they did have threads, but if not, then I at least hope for some good variety...

So far we have only seen one tank in the game which rides on 4 wheels...

Its more of an infantry fighting vehicle than a main battle tank but has nice power...

Im hoping they put in some heavy armored battle tanks, threaded or wheeled...
    ive played MANY ps3 and xbox 360 game with tank tracks...
    This user is gone... packed up and left. Sorry

It is very possible that there is. I hope that www.justcause.com releases a page with all vehicles in the game.

Don't you mean caterpillar tracks not treads
    Official Chaos Addict.

lol, i thought tanks were starting threads.

lol me too for a sec
    MARCH 23 2010 THE DAY THE WORLD WILL PAUSE B/C EVEN THE EARTH WILL STOP WAT ITS DOING WHEN IT REALIZES JC2 IS OUT Founder of ADHD
    Originally Posted by Poor Bison
    Brauny is right.

Originally Posted by Hobodealer
    Don't you mean caterpillar tracks not treads
    same deal....but you can call it so....

or tank tracks hmm? hmm?
    Thats my warmUP Founder of the New Panau Renegade Army (N.P.R.A.)

Theyre also called threads or treads, tracks, or chains lol whichever is ok, but I dont think there will be any in JC2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdv8UMhSvR0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hves1...eature=related

It takes some serious RAM power for proper tread animations so I think theyll stick to wheels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEENfbNdAh4

The word you are looking for is pozy tracks.

Battlefield bad company has amazing tank physics, it would be cool if JC2 did also

Originally Posted by Wenis
    Battlefield bad company has amazing tank physics, it would be cool if JC2 did also
    I think physics wise it will be good....but I think they will only have wheeled tanks, which is not a bad thing as long as they have different variations including some really powerful, heavily armored, mean looking main battle tank with serious firepower and endurance...

that 4 wheel infantry fighting vehicle in the vids should just be the ''light'' tank in the game, it has a very small turret and a very short gun, which suggest that it has limited firepower....it has only 4 wheels carrying its weight and moves fast suggesting its not very heavy so its lightly armored....plus it doesnt have an impressive, scary look..

I think it cant take too many direct hits by explosive ordinance and would need to score too many hits on a heavily armored target to damage it so Im hoping to see a really mean, slower, heavier tank, running on treads or 6-8 wheels, with a big gun, huge firepower, heavily armored so it can take some serious blows

Originally Posted by Wenis
    hopefully it's not like in GTA:VC where everthing you touch explodes

That would...SUCK. Like your next to your guys in a fight, then you get in a tank, and accidentally hit their car, and they die. Then it says MISSION FAILED.

that would be dumb i hope you can roll over cars and CRUSH them
    Thats my warmUP Founder of the New Panau Renegade Army (N.P.R.A.)

Yeah. I hope it isn't like Mercs 2 when you could hit cars with a tank and make them explode and not lose health, but if you were in a tank and hit a fire hydrant you would lose health. What type of crap is that.

Originally Posted by Che_Guevara
    Yeah. I hope it isn't like Mercs 2 when you could hit cars with a tank and make them explode and not lose health, but if you were in a tank and hit a fire hydrant you would lose health. What type of crap is that.
    Thats called ''mediocre game'' crap..lol

in the new desert walkthrough he is suddenly in the tank ^^
    can't wait
    pre ordered JUST CAUSE 2 SPECIAL EDITION

It was an old video, because if you look at newer ones he gets in a car, but if you look at the older ones he just teleports in it.

by some new one he also teleports in the tanks
    can't wait

There is a new video with a tank in it? Can you please send a link. I am going crazy!

There is a new video with a tank in it? Can you please send a link. I am going crazy!
    no there is no new vid
    but the last one was the 2nd walkthrough or ???
    can't wait

Yeah, that is old, before I even joined.

Yeah, that is old, before I even joined.
    it would be cool if they make a video about the special edition
    can't wait

You mean the Pre-Order thingy? I wouldn't really be happy with it Beacuse I live in the U.S., but it would be cool to see some new gameplay.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last