Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Grapple Bug? *SPOILER ALERT*

Grapple Bug? *SPOILER ALERT*

Grapple Bug? *SPOILER ALERT*

I've been waiting forever the release of BAA and now that i got it..
    A-W-E-S-O-M-E

At least so far. Now I've encountered somewhat frustrating situation.
    So I'm trying to locate Dr. Young's Office and in the room with two cells there's this air conditioning channel where you need to grapple... only it wont, no matter where i stand it wont grapple there.
    And it seems like all of sudden many other places where i was able to grapple before has stopped working.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Originally Posted by Nicto
    A-W-E-S-O-M-E

So I'm trying to locate Dr. Young's Office and in the room with two cells there's this air conditioning channel where you need to grapple... only it wont, no matter where i stand it wont grapple there.
    And it seems like all of sudden many other places where i was able to grapple before has stopped working.

I get odd random grapple points not wanting to show up, but it tends to clear it after you restart the game.

My friend is playing it as well and has not had any trouble 0-o, odd bug is odd.
    Ah modern gaming its like modern film only with shallow and watered down mechanics, gimmicks and shiny-er "people".

Yeah, i had couple points that cleared up after restart but this wont.
    One thing i dont understand is how come i seem to be only one with this bug.
    Sure hope theres going to be 1.2 patch soon which will clear this up.
    Even tried to re-installing game, bu no-go

Yeah, i had couple points that cleared up after restart but this wont.
    One thing i dont understand is how come i seem to be only one with this bug.
    Sure hope theres going to be 1.2 patch soon which will clear this up.
    Even tried to re-installing game, bu no-go
    I dunno not alot of people with legit copies are being troubled by it, if its in a safe margin they will forget it and move on, seems like the typical MO of modern game dev.

You can try and use the gravity cheat to help some... I really wish someone would come out with a grapple anything trainer. Use the bat claw as a base extend the range and all but that might be to hard for a trainer.
    Ah modern gaming its like modern film only with shallow and watered down mechanics, gimmicks and shiny-er "people".

I had the same problem but it worked fine after restarting 3-4 times the sequence. But now, I'm completely blocked on the second Scarecrow level. I tried maybe 20 times to restarting the checkpoint but nothing to do, the grapple icon don't show up.

Please Eidos, come and fix it with a 1.2 patch. Good consumer don't have to pay the price of the anti-pirat' policy !

What versions are people playing? Steam? D2D? Disc purchase? .. just that the `anti-piracy` measures are a toggle, if the game detects a crack it turns that session into a `cracked` session which remains until user restarts and the game checks again. When in cracked session mode it enables all hooks, which means that a lot more then just grapple would be going wrong, there are a lot more obvious `hooks` so to speak. A disc misread is a common cause of a fail when the disc is scratched so badly that it cant be read to authenticate (is same for all disc check games). Give your discs a wipe with a dry cloth etc.. and try again. Digital purchases havent got this check so its almost impossible for it to fail unless theres something been ran on the machine causing an interference.

Have had a couple of people admit that altho a legit user they HAVE got a cracked exe to `make it easier for them` to play (bizarre but true) and when ran game with everything back as should be wasnt a problem. Not saying that this is the reason for everyone, but just a polite notice that IF you are legit and using alternate exes for whatever means that could be the problem and to try using original files.

If you are totally legit and having issues make sure you state which version you are running and we can try and narrow down the problem. Its obviously not affecting everyone as people have completed the game 100% etc so have got past parts you have struggled with. State if you are patched up via GFWL or have tried our `officially hosted` patch
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

A-W-E-S-O-M-E

I'm experiencing the same problem.
    Although I'm in the chapter where I need to follow the traces of Harley.I went outside the mansion ,past the fountain and came to the gate where you can see 4-5 guys behind it.
    For some reason I couldn't find an entrance in there so I went to the Batcave and now I can't get out of there.

The ventilation which I believe is the only way of getting out of there,it doesn't show that I can grapple to it...I've tried to restart the game but no help.
    The game isn't pirate and I cleaned my disc several times already.It's getting really frustrating

PS.Trying to download an official patch now..perhaps it could help.

Originally Posted by 1Joker1
    I'm experiencing the same problem.
    Although I'm in the chapter where I need to follow the traces of Harley.I went outside the mansion ,past the fountain and came to the gate where you can see 4-5 guys behind it.
    For some reason I couldn't find an entrance in there so I went to the Batcave and now I can't get out of there.

The ventilation which I believe is the only way of getting out of there,it doesn't show that I can grapple to it...I've tried to restart the game but no help.
    The game isn't pirate and I cleaned my disc several times already.It's getting really frustrating

PS.Trying to download an official patch now..perhaps it could help.
    Yeh give the patch a try and see if makes any difference.
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    What versions are people playing? Steam? D2D? Disc purchase? .. just that the `anti-piracy` measures are a toggle, if the game detects a crack it turns that session into a `cracked` session which remains until user restarts and the game checks again. When in cracked session mode it enables all hooks, which means that a lot more then just grapple would be going wrong, there are a lot more obvious `hooks` so to speak. A disc misread is a common cause of a fail when the disc is scratched so badly that it cant be read to authenticate (is same for all disc check games). Give your discs a wipe with a dry cloth etc.. and try again. Digital purchases havent got this check so its almost impossible for it to fail unless theres something been ran on the machine causing an interference.

Have had a couple of people admit that altho a legit user they HAVE got a cracked exe to `make it easier for them` to play (bizarre but true) and when ran game with everything back as should be wasnt a problem. Not saying that this is the reason for everyone, but just a polite notice that IF you are legit and using alternate exes for whatever means that could be the problem and to try using original files.

If you are totally legit and having issues make sure you state which version you are running and we can try and narrow down the problem. Its obviously not affecting everyone as people have completed the game 100% etc so have got past parts you have struggled with. State if you are patched up via GFWL or have tried our `officially hosted` patch
    My issues seem random, a restart fixes it in most spots but dose not in others, I am running the game unpatched from the disc.

Its not that hard to understand DRM is a nightmare and a blight on paying consumers, and a mere annoyance that's quickly bypassed for pirates because crackers love cracking and polishing code, hell in order to get my legal copy of HL2 and Bioshock working a few times in the same year I got it I had to turn to "hacks" to get it to work.

Whats worse the DMCA makes anyone who dares use them(or has a brain for that matter) virtual nazis like pedophiles,conservatives(well fou con/lib) and smokers.....

At least I am enjoying the game as much as wolfenstien and I bothered to buy 2 copies of it...only reason I bothered was because you can mod the def files and re do AI HP,damages and weapon damages...quite annoying refire rate and a few other things I want to mod are hard coded...ggaaaa SDK get here already :X

A shame batman:AA wont get a SDK.... I really think most games now should be released with one, at least us modders(well the more sane and skilled ones anyway) can fix and optimize the bloody things after a few critical patches from the devs and then they can move on to another slave drive of a project where they never seem to get enough time to polish and finish a project these days......

/rant mode

The 1.1 patch didn't fix my issue.
    Maybe I just should forget about the game for a few days and start from the beginning.After all this game is worth it.
    Though,I need to hope that the next time it works.

The 1.1 patch didn't fix my issue.
    Maybe I just should forget about the game for a few days and start from the beginning.After all this game is worth it.
    Though,I need to hope that the next time it works.
    Might be something clinging to the saves, a shame it dose not keep the last 20 or so saves.... even wolfenstien dose that...even if it eats some of them 0-o

You mean the new Wolfenstein game,or the old one?
    I haven't had any problems with the new version of the game what so ever.I loved it but the multiplayer ruined it for me eventually.

Indeed,keeping the last saves would be a lot more easier for everyone.

You mean the new Wolfenstein game,or the old one?
    I haven't had any problems with the new version of the game what so ever.I loved it but the multiplayer ruined it for me eventually.

Indeed,keeping the last saves would be a lot more easier for everyone.
    The PC version of the new wolfenstien has some rather nasty bugs, save corrupts over time so eventually you can't load a new level the game will crash out. MP is crashy and buggy and unbalanced.

And I have had 3 games ruined by the bug...but meh....I was moding it anyway :P
    I am messing around with stuff waiting on the SDK, then I can add more upgrades and deal with the static money with either drops or make all upgrades cost 2-3K and resell for the same price.

I find SP to be piss easy even on uber, but I fixed that with a few tweaks :X tripped most enemy HP, tripped it twice on some, lowered player HP by 50 ^_~ oh the fun!!
    Up'd speed and jump trying to tweak vile powers but I can;t seem to add new ones but can tweak the ones there....made normal vile mode not drain but it dose not regen either.

A shame the SP maps are highly linear if they made them a bit more sandboxish it would really have been great.

Speaking of linear my only complaints on Batman:AA besides ingame button mapping...(I dunno why it took me a week to find the bleeding button mapping is in setting in the launch panel... not in the game itself.... but meh least it dose have button mapping....) is the limited grappleing setup makes the game feel HIGHLY linear, other wise I love the backtracking and stuff...well...the controls are not bad but I'd like jump and block..... jump can be shared with crouch(hold to crouch tap to jump
    ) and block could be counter(tap to counter hold to block) this way you can use a heavy attack and a better combo system(ala god of war) and have more than a one button mindless mash fest. But as far as mindless mash fest goes this thign has class, I would not mind seeing a adventure bralwer based off this setup where you have power moves tied to other buttons not alot of thinking needed just mash this to do this keep it simple and fun...oh streets of rage would be so awsome if they would do it like that....

/rambling....I haz it....

It's very weird because I never got any bugs with Wolfenstein,not in saves,not anywhere,it was perfect.
    In this game I got them at least 3 times.They should really test the game more before releasing it.

I never tried modding..I know what's it about but I don't do things like that hehe.
    Yes,the grapping makes it linear,kinda.But I still love the game,it's just so perfect.And I never even tried Batman games before,and I was impressed with this one.

The controls are fine in my opinion.I never use any combos when fightning so it doesn't really matter.I just love to kick some thugs ass lol.
    Though I expect a bit more "freedom based" game next.Going through ventilation every time got repetitive at some points.

It's very weird because I never got any bugs with Wolfenstein,not in saves,not anywhere,it was perfect.
    In this game I got them at least 3 times.They should really test the game more before releasing it.

I never tried modding..I know what's it about but I don't do things like that hehe.
    Yes,the grapping makes it linear,kinda.But I still love the game,it's just so perfect.And I never even tried Batman games before,and I was impressed with this one.

The controls are fine in my opinion.I never use any combos when fightning so it doesn't really matter.I just love to kick some thugs ass lol.
    Though I expect a bit more "freedom based" game next.Going through ventilation every time got repetitive at some points.
    Most of the batman games before this are highly formalistic bad movie games....

I like ventilation shafts I don't like not being able to do anything(batarang) while in them.....

I'd like to have the automatic grapple spots and the rest to be obvious(in vision mode) non grapple spots and the rest to be grapple spots, so I can get around like spider man if I want to :P

The one button fighting auto combo stuff..... is a bit.....annoying...I'd like to be able to pull off combos with the buttons and feel like I am doing something more than watch the game masturbate itself with a one button aid....

it has nothing to do with this, wolfenstein is another game made with another engine ( troll comment) and i really think that you re using a pirated copy

Originally Posted by RYO_91
    it has nothing to do with this, wolfenstein is another game made with another engine ( troll comment) and i really think that you re using a pirated copy
    Considering how half the DRM schemes they come up with blow up in their face, I would not doubt there are some issues with it since my retail copy is having them, I mean really ebay has made PC games dirt cheap 20-30$ new and sometimes used.

Originally Posted by ZippyDSMlee
    Most of the batman games before this are highly formalistic bad movie games....

I like ventilation shafts I don't like not being able to do anything(batarang) while in them.....

I'd like to have the automatic grapple spots and the rest to be obvious(in vision mode) non grapple spots and the rest to be grapple spots, so I can get around like spider man if I want to :P

The one button fighting auto combo stuff..... is a bit.....annoying...I'd like to be able to pull off combos with the buttons and feel like I am doing something more than watch the game masturbate itself with a one button aid....

Well at least now Batman is on top,ratings are amazingly good on this game.
    Demo convinced me to buy it on the release date.
    Yea they could take that in consideration while making the next game(if there's coming one).Also hiding in the dark or something like that.

I agree.It's frustrating to use that mode just to see the grapple spots etc.But on the other hand it would be a lot of more work done in the game if people want to grapple where they want,and whatever.
    The freedom is the reason I liked games like Fallout 3,and Far Cry 2.So I wouldn't have anything against that.

"like I am doing something more than watch the game masturbate itself with a one button aid" Good one
    I only use that one button ,the left mouse button.I don't even know how the hell you can do combos other than the "normal ones" with one click.
    And maybe they just didn't want to do this like the Street Fighter...

Originally Posted by RYO_91
    Sorry to dissapoint you but every game I have is a bought one.Eidos just should test their games better.
    If the game works for you perfectly,it doesn't mean it works that way for everyone.

Well at least now Batman is on top,ratings are amazingly good on this game.
    Demo convinced me to buy it on the release date.
    Yea they could take that in consideration while making the next game(if there's coming one).Also hiding in the dark or something like that.

I agree.It's frustrating to use that mode just to see the grapple spots etc.But on the other hand it would be a lot of more work done in the game if people want to grapple where they want,and whatever.
    The freedom is the reason I liked games like Fallout 3,and Far Cry 2.So I wouldn't have anything against that.

"like I am doing something more than watch the game masturbate itself with a one button aid" Good one
    I only use that one button ,the left mouse button.I don't even know how the hell you can do combos other than the "normal ones" with one click.
    And maybe they just didn't want to do this like the Street Fighter...
    Not street fighter but god of war, simple 2-3 and 4-6 button routines that cycle through 2 maybe 3 buttons to do various attacks. The combo system currently involves chaining attacks after 8 consecutive attacks(?) you can throw someone(press shift+attack) and mow a few people down with him.

You do know about the counter button I hope :P

Sorry to dissapoint you but every game I have is a bought one.Eidos just should test their games better.
    If the game works for you perfectly,it doesn't mean it works that way for everyone.
    Ya, beta testing has gone down hill hard over the last few years games are barely given enough time to be finished much less properly tested..much less polished..... I mean Fallout 3 was a nightmare.....and frankly still needs to be finished...a shame they switched to DLC so fast.... but that's today's game biz, get it out bring in profit move on as fast as you can, people will buy it anyway.

Never played the game,so I couldn't know.

I know about the counter button but it's awkward to use it.Like pressing the wheel on the mouse,I don't like that at all.I usually get hit by someone at least once until I get to 5-6 hits in a row

Never played the game,so I couldn't know.

I know about the counter button but it's awkward to use it.Like pressing the wheel on the mouse,I don't like that at all.I usually get hit by someone at least once until I get to 5-6 hits in a row
    You don;t have to press the wheel on the mouse R will do 2ndary effect for gadgets and right mouse button dose counter.

Its easy if you use 2 fingers on your mouse :P
    You can also change the button config in settings off the launcher, the one that says play/settings/ect befor the game comes up.

FO3 is alright its got enough maps to keep you busy for 30 hours but weapon/equipment wise it drys up around the 10 hour mark...vats is a total loss, skills and such are not balanced well and the level cap is down right silly... if they wanted to restrict levels why not change the EXP system to only give you EXP for completing tasks and picking locks not killing stuff like a normal RPG.... the bugs that came out with the game that were not fixed untill the 2nd or 3rd patch are disspering NPCs and items(they fall through the map)....quest related stuff.... meaning you can not pass go you can not finish game.... at least you can save when you want and the auto save system saved semi regularly too...

Originally Posted by ZippyDSMlee
    You don;t have to press the wheel on the mouse R will do 2ndary effect for gadgets and right mouse button dose counter.

Its easy if you use 2 fingers on your mouse :P
    You can also change the button config in settings off the launcher, the one that says play/settings/ect befor the game comes up.

FO3 is alright its got enough maps to keep you busy for 30 hours but weapon/equipment wise it drys up around the 10 hour mark...vats is a total loss, skills and such are not balanced well and the level cap is down right silly... if they wanted to restrict levels why not change the EXP system to only give you EXP for completing tasks and picking locks not killing stuff like a normal RPG.... the bugs that came out with the game that were not fixed untill the 2nd or 3rd patch are disspering NPCs and items(they fall through the map)....quest related stuff.... meaning you can not pass go you can not finish game.... at least you can save when you want and the auto save system saved semi regularly too...
    Alright,good to know.I should change them a bit.

I enjoyed FO3 really much,it felt different from other games.
    In my opinion VATS was really cool feature but it wasn't necessary...using it was kinda messy.Everytime you fight with someone,you need to open it when you're out of ammo etc.

I didn't experience any bugs with the game so I guess I can't say anything related to that subject

Experience system was also fine in my opinion.
    It was actually the first RPG I liked because I never play them.

I have some problem with grapple too

I had a grapple problem when I just finished a botany garden ivy and i must go to croc lair. but before that i most go to Arkham Mansion . The front door is blocked with giant tree. so i must use the ventalition up above. BUT THERE IS NO ICON I CAN GRAPPLE IT. I belive it bug because at the first time Arkham Mansion mission I can go through that ventilation. Please Eidos I stuck with it i really need a help. I really suprised when I desperade and cek the eidos form ... o o there is a lot people had a GRAPPLE PROBLEM

Page 1 of 2 12 Last