Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Tomb Raider 'Origins': The Lost Beta Version

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    3,624

    Tomb Raider 'Origins': The Lost Beta Version

    Remember when we first received information for Tomb Raider, when it was fan-named 'Tomb Raider Origins' and it was leaked concept art?





    We speculated that there would be some sort of Japanese style horror on the island with those demented creatures? Remember how we all thought Lara would have a horse on the island?

    I'm not sure if I would prefer Tomb Raider to be like what we speculated or if I prefer it as it is now. It's a hard decision.

    BUT...

    How awesome would it be if the Tomb Raider we speculated was released as DLC? Perhaps an artefact unleashes these hellish Japanese-horror themed creatures and in the midst of the madness, Lara finds a beautiful horse as a beacon of hope and survival, and keeps it as transportation and as a friend?

    I would faint of excitement.

    Thoughts?

    (click image to enlarge)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,719
    I wouldnt want a horse for Lara because even though it is a horse it would still detract from the real dark and gritty story for Lara to have.
    Edit: Also it would be less creepy if you were on a horse because then you could escape where as without the horse you could hide and they are suspicious (like The Decent)
    signature image

  3. #3
    YES AS DLC. It'd be so perfect, imagine riding on that horse shooting arrows at those awesome creatures??? AGH I CAN'T!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    not really. im glad they keep it down to earth. also as a DLC i would not get it.
    signature image

  5. #5
    The horse was replaced by basecamps as a rapid-transport system
    ᴙє₳Ŀi₮ɣ is for people who can't handle ΩӍß Ɍ∆¡Ðєʁ.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    Remember how we all thought Lara would have a horse on the island?
    They already mentioned this in the FAQ. It would be too hard as the game isn't fully open world/free roam.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rudyavelar View Post
    YES AS DLC. It'd be so perfect, imagine riding on that horse shooting arrows at those awesome creatures??? AGH I CAN'T!!!
    OMG YES!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rudyavelar View Post
    YES AS DLC. It'd be so perfect, imagine riding on that horse shooting arrows at those awesome creatures??? AGH I CAN'T!!!
    I would pay for that

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTombExplorer View Post
    Also it would be less creepy if you were on a horse because then you could escape where as without the horse you could hide and they are suspicious (like The Decent)
    I disagree. What if you were to leave your horse to explore and then get ambushed and you have to run back to where you hitched the horse to escape, with those creatures chasing you? I'd be right scared there.

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthyJazz View Post
    They already mentioned this in the FAQ. It would be too hard as the game isn't fully open world/free roam.
    I'm aware. I was speaking metaphorically.

    (click image to enlarge)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Poznań, Poland
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    How awesome would it be if the Tomb Raider we speculated was released as DLC?
    I can't get DLC, so I hope CD won't come up with that It wouldn't be awsome.. But it could be in MP Teammates on horses, scary creatures..
    signature image

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by blackshauni View Post
    I can't get DLC, so I hope CD won't come up with that
    Well don't wish for it not to happen just because you won't have access to it. Think about other people. Don't be selfish.

    (click image to enlarge)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Poznań, Poland
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    Well don't wish for it not to happen just because you won't have access to it. Think about other people. Don't be selfish.
    Well, if PC users could get e.g. expansion pack for the new TR (like 'Golds' for old TRs or sth) with these adds, it would be awsome
    signature image

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 1998
    Location
    Blackfriars
    Posts
    3,885
    This was concepts, not beta.. so wasnt lost, as never actually existed, so very different
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by blackshauni View Post
    Well, if PC users could get e.g. expansion pack for the new TR (like 'Golds' for old TRs or sth) with these adds, it would be awsome
    I think everyone should have access to that. There should be no platform exclusives.

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycw2309 View Post
    This was concepts, not beta.. so wasnt lost, as never actually existed, so very different
    Same concept.

    (click image to enlarge)

  15. #15
    Well as a DLC is a great idea, instead of letting these assets go to waste, lets put them in good use, TBH I would love to see some SuperNatural element like that in the game, so I totally support such DLC.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_kain View Post
    Well as a DLC is a great idea, instead of letting these assets go to waste, lets put them in good use, TBH I would love to see some SuperNatural element like that in the game, so I totally support such DLC.
    Yes! I mean, I'm sure Tomb Raider already has some supernatural elements, but some Japanese-styled horror would be welcomed.

    (click image to enlarge)

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    Yes! I mean, I'm sure Tomb Raider already has some supernatural elements, but some Japanese-styled horror would be welcomed.
    yup exactly, also the monsters design seems pretty cool if you ask me

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_kain View Post
    yup exactly, also the monsters design seems pretty cool if you ask me
    Agreed. I'm going to rob a bank, buy out Crystal and Square Enix, and start developing a Tomb Raider survival-horror game.

    (click image to enlarge)

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    Agreed. I'm going to rob a bank, buy out Crystal and Square Enix, and start developing a Tomb Raider survival-horror game.
    Count me in , I actually need a small amount of money as well, just 500 Million $, and no it isn't much

    200$ Million ---- starting a company and hire some badazz developers.
    100$ Million ---- make my first game which would take 4 years.

    200$ Million ---- in the bank as back and in case of emergency you know.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,321
    I thought that the game was like this until the crossroads trailer, that destroyed all my thoughts

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •