Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Wire Walking

Wire Walking

It seems Rocksteady knows Batman has great Agility, not like Spiderman, But Ninja enough to compete with the likes of Ryu Hayabusa or the guy from Assassin's Creed. Wire walking should not be to much a problem for Batman since he had Acrobatic training. I hope Batman this time around has Great near perfect Agility because In Arkham Asylum that what he was missing.

I hope he can climb almost anything,
    Run faster, like sprint to escape faster or make long jumps across buildings.
    Be able to do a backflip
    Jump while throwing batarangs,Hell batman should be able to throw a batarang if he is falling off a building then swoop into a glide.
    Pretty much He should be more agile then Mario from Super Mario Galaxy, If Mario can do wall jumps Batman can too.
    It would be cool to incorporate a wall jump with a grappling hook move. Say Batman has a tall wall like 150 feet, he can wall jump the 50 feet then part of the wall is higher which can be reached with the grapple.
    Since Batman will be wire walking to sneak up on enemies I just hope he is not clumsy like before. I hope rocksteady will nail it this time with his agility.

Agility against a gun.

The GI article mentions him dodging high frequency gun fire via acrobatics, I've chosen to interpret that as handsprings and flips, instead of the meagre roll from AA

Batman has great agility but wire-walking is reserved for Nightwing and Robin (:
    Originally Posted by Damian Wayne
    Don't patronize me or I'll break your face.

i think one thing they should definitely include, would be the ability to jump from rooftop to rooftop, thats a super hero standard.
    "Wanna try some of my pie, I'm sure you'll want seconds."

even though it's off topic, I want more of a jump
    not so much so you can go over enemies, but at least can navigate terrain better.

on topic, Batman doesn't strike me as a wire "walker", but more of a "creeper".
    Kinda crouched and slowly shuffling his weight across.
    Just me though
    http://profile.mygamercard.net/GringoSuave89

Well yeah I can agree Batman can wire walk If he wants to but rarely dose ever. I know he dose other stuff like long jumps wall jumps and acrobatic moves jumping backflips and such.

you know what they should do? replace the X button from the run button to the jump button instead, that way there would be more options for use of agility throughout the game. if batman want sto run up a wall and jump to a lader 10 feet up or something he could do it at will.

honestly though, it alway felt weird how batman could only jump from ledge to ledge, didnt seem right to me.
    My name is Edwardo. Enjoy it.

Originally Posted by puppet627
    Batman has great agility but wire-walking is reserved for Nightwing and Robin (:
    yeah it seems like batman would look like an awkward crazy guy on a wire. jokers goons wouldn't know weather to laugh at him or shoot him.

Batman's gonna shimmy up your telephone pole tonight and wire-walk right to your bedroom window tonight. He'll show you awkward and crazy!

Originally Posted by The Hylden
    Batman's gonna shimmy up your telephone pole tonight and wire-walk right to your bedroom window tonight. He'll show you awkward and crazy!

I think batman should have stronger and swift moves, while robin has more graceful and more agile
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

you are all sure robin will be in arkham city arent you? any way i thinkbatman should be able to use car doors and sheets of metal as sheild when in close combat and when sneaking he should roll or flip out of the way

Originally Posted by Batman The Sequel Hunter
    I think batman should have stronger and swift moves, while robin has more graceful and more agile
    That I can agree on.

I remember in TDKR when Batman shot a line and ran across it. I thought that was real badass stuff.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Originally Posted by The Croc
    you are all sure robin will be in arkham city arent you? any way i thinkbatman should be able to use car doors and sheets of metal as sheild when in close combat and when sneaking he should roll or flip out of the way
    It would be nice to plant a few explosive cards and them Jump thru the smoke and fire to scare the bad guys

Originally Posted by The Croc
    If you're talking about guns, then the Mythbusters have busted you. Bullets DO penetrate car doors.
    But if it's just to deflect blows, then what good is the counter-attack button? A shield would totally cramp his agility and hinder him more than it'll help him.
    Dif tor heh smusma.

im still laughing at this

Originally Posted by blades of athena
    im still laughing at this
    Yea that is funny. lol

You guys keep laughing. But it won't be so funny when you turn around and *gasp!* Batman's in your face!!

feI agree with some of the stuff the OP said. The animation slide is out of context, but yeah good points (If you follow the episode that was in, Batman was induced with Scarecrow's "No Fear" gas and doesn't normally dodge bullets like that). I'd like to see some more agility from Batman in Arkham City, but only as long as it doesn't seriously mess up what they're going for. I mean obviously this Batman is a bruiser so the wall jump thing really isn't working for me. In theory anyway. I don't know. Guess I'd need to see it in action to make up my mind about it. Then again, why wall jump when you can grapple anyway. Wire walking seems very Batman though no matter what size. I like it. From the way the magazine described it, I could already tell that we'd be given a very strategically superior way of monitoring foes and traveling from the air without shamelessly scattering gargoyles everywhere. And I know no one else is going to agree with me on this, but the heck with it. I don't care if there's a jump button. Every Batman game that sucks has a jump button. Some of them double jump which for me is a game killer. If Rocksteady can implement it without hindering an already great system, good for them and I support it. If they can't, don't bother.
    Check out my artist page on facebook: The Accidental Masterpiece

You guys keep laughing. But it won't be so funny when you turn around and *gasp!* Batman's in your face!!

Originally Posted by MCREF
    And I know no one else is going to agree with me on this, but the heck with it. I don't care if there's a jump button. Every Batman game that sucks has a jump button. Some of them double jump which for me is a game killer. If Rocksteady can implement it without hindering an already great system, good for them and I support it. If they can't, don't bother.
    I agree with this. There is no point to a traditional 'jump' button for Batman.
    Can Batman not jump from ledges to other ledges if he needs to? Can he not jump up onto things if he needs to? Can he not leap over bad guys or dive out of the way of attacks?

If he can already do all these things without a 'jump' button, why have a button who's purpose would be to allow Batman to jump in place for no reason? Arkham Asylum took care of jumping in a more realistic way then the old style jump button. No need to fix what isn't broken.

Yeah, a jump button is totally unneeded. Theres no point to it when he can climb and leap and vault with the run button.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    Yeah, a jump button is totally unneeded. Theres no point to it when he can climb and leap and vault with the run button.
    Well it was okay but I hate when your running from gun fire to end up by a small little fence that stops you in your tracks and you have to wait for a flash button to appear just to jump over it. If there was a jump button you could have easly just jumped or leaped over it. Also gun fire was a major problem all he could do was roll forward and run right into walls.

Originally Posted by TheBat
    Well it was okay but I hate when your running from gun fire to end up by a small little fence that stops you in your tracks and you have to wait for a flash button to appear just to jump over it. If there was a jump button you could have easly just jumped or leaped over it. Also gun fire was a major problem all he could do was roll forward and run right into walls.
    If your holding the button down you will automatically vault over it.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last