Thread: Practice Makes Perfect

Practice Makes Perfect

Practice Makes Perfect

(I have an xbox)

So, i bet you noticed you can pretty much grapple anywhere.

Grapple Pop Up: If you hold A and grapple to a non hand-rail point (like the roof) he will POP up without hanging on as compared to him grappling and you then pulling yourself up.

Hanging: I was personally wondering whats the point of hanging down if you can do an inverted takedown and jump from on top of the gargoyle. I found its good for dropping strait down as compared to jumping forward if your on top of the gargoyle which sounds pointless but if you don't want to be detected you want to have as much control as to where you go and drop as possible.

Like the guy standing stationary between the two ladders just before the big door. You hang and drop down and you can just stand there without him knowing...thats so batman.

Hanging Crush: if you want an easy way to crush em just hang upside down and wait for the thug to walk underneath batmans shadow and bats will jump down and crush the thug.

Luring: You can actually lure guards away from there post without alerting everyone else or them. I took out the guard that was paroling the lower level and then stood at the end of the hall way slowly walking forward (very slowly) and stood there untill i caught the standing guards attention but I was to fare away for him to be sure so he ran towards my direction and by the time he got there i grappled away and he stood where he thought he saw just looking without him or anyone else being alerted. Im sure the concept could go for all guards you just have to be fare enough away.

Hiding: So on the second level all the way by boilers theres a set of stairs. Not the ones you see when you first enter the room. These set of stairs you can actually hide underneath and not be detected, at all. Hide in the really dark spot. I had thugs walking and looking right at me without being alerted. It switches to first person cause its a tight squeeze, so that's how you know your good to go.

Gliding Ledge Grab: This one is simple enough. Glide and release glide just before you hit a ledge and instead of landing he will grab the ledge.

I'm preety sure all this stuff was disscused before, and this thread already existed, and meets the topic of your subject http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...90#post1105890

Dude, this is a batman arkham asylum game forum...every post on this forum is anything but related to the game itself. If i cant make a post about the game and new things i personally discovered about the game then thats kind of a shame.

You think i have time to read 10 pages of on one thread just to see if what i wrote was mentioned. I have tv to watch and donuts to eat.

But seriously, I'm pretty sure what i wrote wasn't mentioned (specifically, at least). I do try to follow and read as many threads as possible.

What i wrote were more "Strategies" for the game not "Cool things you can do". Somewhat the same thing but I personally rather have more topics pertaining to the actual game then...o idk...mary poppins.

Originally Posted by JonWang
    You think i have time to read 10 pages of on one thread just to see if what i wrote was mentioned. I have tv to watch and donuts to eat.

This is made me laugh out loud, especially on this generally humorless forum.

I'm sorry I'm just trying to prompt people to use the search tool.

Originally Posted by door noob
    I'm sorry I'm just trying to prompt people to use the search tool.
    well I think you are becoming a search tool.

just kidding of course...
    Windows 7 Pro 64 bit || i5 2500K || MSI P67A-G45 || Galaxy GTX570 || G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB 1600 DDR3 || Samsung F3 1TB || HAF 912 case || Antec Neo Eco 520 watt

Originally Posted by MrNussbaum
    This is made me laugh out loud, especially on this generally humorless forum.
    yep thats almost sig worthy
    Windows 7 Pro 64 bit || i5 2500K || MSI P67A-G45 || Galaxy GTX570 || G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB 1600 DDR3 || Samsung F3 1TB || HAF 912 case || Antec Neo Eco 520 watt

you're a BUZZ KILL door noob!!!!!!!
    RIDDLE ME THIS

although this info may be contained in other threads, i still think it was informative, good job

Originally Posted by I'm Professional
    you're a BUZZ KILL door noob!!!!!!!
    I agree. I'm seeing this in like EVERY thread now.*

*Stooby may have exaggerated. Though he still feels it is annoying.
    "I make art until someone dies."
    http://stoobytoons.deviantart.com/

Originally Posted by trek554
    well I think you are becoming a search tool.

just kidding of course...
    OH SNAP!!
    i gotta admit that was awesome!

plus i hadn't known some of the things on this like the grapple anywhere. thats sweet.

Nice post. The thread mentioned didn't make note of all those techniques/actions.

And how would one search for duplicate threads on this anyway? Search: Moves? Hanging bat? Gargoyle?

It's not like he asked if the game would be in 1080p or something.

Nice tips and tricks there...thanks

Originally Posted by stoobytoons
    I agree. I'm seeing this in like EVERY thread now.
    That's because people feel the need to make 100 new threads every day. It is quite annoying how after the demo was released that 25 new threads are made about the same topic, when all it would take is for someone to post in the same thread, even if someone had already written about it. At least it would cut down on the number of links that people say "This has already been posted in another thread." Wastes much less of other people's time

It's cool though...but I'm just wondering, how do you mean you can grapple to almost ANYTHING? I can only grapple to ledges and gargoyles in the demo on PS3/XBox360/PC. Do you know something that I don't?