Thread: Port Help!!!!!!

Port Help!!!!!!

Exclamation Port Help!!!!!!

I have a Linksys wireless broadband router. Model: WRT54G ver6. I need some serious help. I cant host any games and i open all the ports it tells me. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

2. open as UDP or TCP?
    router IP correct? in incomming trafic?

wireless

Im computer illeterate.....whats all that mean?

It means We all bought a broken ass game. I mean I have never spent money on a product and then had to take a course in computer networking to play the dam thing online. This is disgusting and eidos should be ashamed to have there name afixed to this product

game

I like that definition.

Go to http://portforward.com/routers.htm and read up how to port forward properly, maybe you need to setup a fixed ip address. This website has good tutorials on all this stuff... and im computer illiterate as well.

Originally Posted by Dogmeatz
    Go to http://portforward.com/routers.htm and read up how to port forward properly, maybe you need to setup a fixed ip address. This website has good tutorials on all this stuff... and im computer illiterate as well.

Many need to fix a static IP, but it simply ain't that easy for most. It takes some work and time, most don't have a clue. They could have done a better job on connecting. I've never had to go through so much to host.

It wouldnt let me host either when i first got the game. I kept getting open port blah blah blah. After I downloaded the patch, never got that message again and it seems to host fine now. and I never did open any ports.

game

Originally Posted by battleshipman
    It wouldnt let me host either when i first got the game. I kept getting open port blah blah blah. After I downloaded the patch, never got that message again and it seems to host fine now. and I never did open any ports.
    My name in the game is paulg..... I figured out the problem. Thanks for the responses.

10. It means We all bought a broken ass game. I mean I have never spent money on a product and then had to take a course in computer networking to play the dam thing online. This is disgusting and eidos should be ashamed to have there name afixed to this product
    thats wrong! not the eidos ports are blocking! its like alltimes the gamespy ports!
    here my open routerports, maybe it will help some ppl here!
    some words are in german! dienste = services
    1.) routersettings SERVICES (look for udp/tcp)

after this config the firewall settings of the router:
    2.leaving trafic/services

as last step config the incomming trafic/services

ip adresse des lan servers ... means ... your router ip!
    ANY QUESTIONS WHIT GERMAN WORDS? SEND ME AN PM

AKAGI

Yawn - what a lot of farting around

Mike - appropriate name

Thanks Akagi btw, some pple actually appreciate an effort.

Originally Posted by Dogmeatz
    Mike - appropriate name

Thanks Akagi btw, some pple actually appreciate an effort.

What I meant was that I dont have to fart around with all this port
    nonsense to play any other online games like BF2,Doom3,Half life ect.
    I dont want to pay good money for a game and have to fart about with configurations- thats the PROGRAMMERS job.
    Yes I am A GIT

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    How long have you been playing PC games? I have seen games that were a total nightmare to set up. This wasn't the easiest but no where near the worse. Heck, even STEAM had major issues with alot of people when HL2 came out.

What's really great is that there are alot of good people here like Akagi that go out of thier way to help out.

Yes people like Him do Eidos job for them free of charge

I NEVER had "any" problems with the following

DOOM
    HALF LIFE 1 & 2
    BF1942
    BF2
    BF2012
    DARK MESSIAH
    MEDAL OF HONOUR - ALL
    FAR CRY
    FEAR - BOTH
    CALL OF DUTY 2