Thread: The story before defiance

The story before defiance

I only knew defiance, I didn't finish it, and now I'm starting again...

I bothered me last time that I didn't know what is the fuss all about...

can someone tell me the story that comes before defiance? cause I'm realy feeling like I'm missing some of the gaming expereince

thx in advance

The narrative of the Legacy of Kain series is actually quite engaging and complicated. I recommend you get all the previous games and play them to fully understand the story. The Legacy of Kain series has the best video game series story of all time.
    "We have not met. I know of you, of course. That you can return from the dead gives hope to us all." - Janos Audron - (Blood Omen 2)

If you don't want to bother (or can't get ahold of the first two, Blood Omen and Soul Reaver), go to www.dark-chronicle.co.uk

They have pretty much the whole plot there, as well as information on individual characters.

Or you could have a read of my Plot Guide on GameFAQs.
    </shameless plug>
    Our futures are predestined. It is my fate to write this and yours to read this. Free will is an illusion.

Can you give me a line to it please?

Can you give me a line to it please?

The narrative of the Legacy of Kain series is actually quite engaging and complicated. I recommend you get all the previous games and play them to fully understand the story. The Legacy of Kain series has the best video game series story of all time.
    I couldn't agree more. Doing that is far better than reading the scripts... Unless it's impossible for your to obtain these games, do so first.

But the graphic is realy not very good on playstation 1 games etc...

I don't wanna play such OLd games...

My plot guide's on http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/914777.html but I agree that you should play through the games to experience the story in the best possible way. And don't worry about the graphics; the graphics or age don't determine whether a game is good or not, the games have pretty enjoyable gameplay and engrossing stories which should make you forget all about the graphics.
    Our futures are predestined. It is my fate to write this and yours to read this. Free will is an illusion.

Maybe I'll change my mind...
    is this the order of the games?

Blood Omen 1
    Soul Reaver 1
    Soul Reaver 2
    Blood Omen 2
    Defiance

?

Pretty much, although I'd advise playing BO2 AFTER Defiance since there are plot holes in BO2. Some were resolved in Defiance but there is still one major plot hole unresolved that was supposed to be explained in Defiance but Crystal Dynamics didn't have time to fit it into the game.

if u dont want too, u really dont need to play blood omen.. what happnes there is explained shortly in later parts, it is enough u see the into of soul reaver 1 and watch this (speed run of soul reaver 1) http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=1022
    ( it also has the intro but in i quality P: )
    or just read about it and then play soul reaver which is just the most intresting and best part in the series in my opinion, then play it, and they u will get sucked in the story, then omen 2 ם:

Ah but playing the games gives you the opportunity to make up your own mind and opinion, something which is great about the series.

Jeffers