Thread: Question about Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

Question about Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

I just bought my PS4 and I want to play Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition however in the game info said that I need 1080 P res but my screen is a 720 P will I still be able to get good res from the game or should I not buy it?

The console will simply scale the image to your TVs resolution. Even at 720 you're still getting an HD picture, and in this case with better filtering and other post processing effects (possibly anti-aliasing) so it'll be better then games of the same res coming from the last gen hardware (X360 and PS3).

In short, you'll be fine
    signature image

I don't have a PS4 yet, but what AA says sounds about right. It was the same for PS3 - if you don't have a 1080 TV you can still play 1080p games by setting your PS3 output resolution to 720p or even lower to SD quality for older non-HD TVs

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    The console will simply scale the image to your TVs resolution. Even at 720 you're still getting an HD picture, and in this case with better filtering and other post processing effects (possibly anti-aliasing) so it'll be better then games of the same res coming from the last gen hardware (X360 and PS3).

In short, you'll be fine
    I get what your saying I really do but why would they post the must have 1080 P in the info.

Just putting that one line in makes me believe that I must have a 1080 screen or not play it. Why would they say requires a 1080 P native display?

No... It's just saying to play it in 1080p you have to have a 1080p display
    It's not saying you need 1080p to play it altogether
    signature image

Ah, that's basically saying "If you want to play TR in 1080p, you must have a display that supports 1080p". It's just stating the obvious. Same as "if you want to see this game or movie in 3D, you need a 3DTV. Want to see it in color, an old black & white TV won't display the color".

Kind of insulting to the intelligence if you ask me So yeah you WILL be able to play the game, just that it'll display in 720, but still that's only a part of the visual quality. polygonal design, texture rendering, particle effects, surface mapping and so much more go into the overall visual presentation.

Just play and enjoy
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    Kind of insulting to the intelligence if you ask me
    I don't think so. Not everyone may be as tech savvy as you or me.

I bet the average non-tech consumer doesn't realize the difference between an "HD ready TV" and a "native 1080p TV".

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)