Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bit of a story problem...

Big Grin A bit of a story problem...

Umah and Cheong go to Taco Bell on Wednesday. Umah orders a crunchwrap supreme, hard taco and large drink. Cheong orders pinto beans and rice, two chicken soft tacos and a small drink. Each meal is approximately $5.165 per person. The total for the outing was $730.33.

What item purchased equaled the remaining $720.00?

And The Hylden is barred from responding because he knows the answer from my Facebook page
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

*taps the mic* I have something to say.

*thinks better of it*

signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

taco bell?

I heard this name once in a movie. the story was in future, and all restaurants in the world have became taco bell

Big Grin

@ The Hylden.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWHARD View Post
    Hey, it may be only 35% beef, but it still tastes pretty good. (Albeit, I don't eat a whole lot of it since beginning my health-kick).
    It could be worse: It could be ***best Heston impersonation*** PEOPLE!!!!!

What, no guesses?
    ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Kinvaras View Post
    taco bell?

I heard this name once in a movie. the story was in future, and all restaurants in the world have became taco bell
    Demolition Man.

Did you break a window or a TV?
    I'd be apathetic if I weren't so lethargic-Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by Umah Bloodomen View Post
    What, no guesses?
    Was it something shiny?
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

I'm still waiting for the trick, you state each meal was approximately $5.165 per person, and what they bought. Unless I'm missing something, they bought something else besides what you said they did.
    If you mean that one of the items you listed was $720.00 then their meals can't be "approximately $5.165 per person."
    So, what's the trick? A diamond wedding ring? Did Cheong propose to you?
    signature image

This is exactly what I was thinking
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

You parked in a no-parking zone?

You accidentally tripped the waiter over by leaving your handbag on the floor and he sued you?

Maybe you were feeling generous and gave a hefty tip
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by dumah's wraith View Post
    Did you break a window or a TV?
    No, I did not. Taco Bell's have TV's? I must have gone to a cheap Taco Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis296 View Post
    Was it something shiny?
    Physically, no. But it has the potential to create something shiny.

I'm still waiting for the trick, you state each meal was approximately $5.165 per person, and what they bought. Unless I'm missing something, they bought something else besides what you said they did.If you mean that one of the items you listed was $720.00 then their meals can't be "approximately $5.165 per person."
    One of the individuals did indeed purchase something other than what was previously stated. Cheong did not propose to me (Although, my dad wishes he would ). I'm basically, (how should I put it?) not his type, if you catch my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    You parked in a no-parking zone?

You accidentally tripped the waiter over by leaving your handbag on the floor and he sued you?

Maybe you were feeling generous and gave a hefty tip
    Good guesses, but no.

I will give you all a clue: those of you who have kept up on my techie-related posts and are familiar with one of my off-forum professions may be able to determine what upgrade I recently made.
    ~ Voltaire

You made a really expensive text or phone call?
    Online gambling with your iPad?

One of the individuals did indeed purchase something other than what was previously stated.
    AH HA! I had thought that your problem implied that they only bought was was listed and nothing else.
    I'm basically, (how should I put it?) not his type, if you catch my drift.
    Well hell, that's his problem! From what I know of you online, I'd say you would make a great catch!
    (Catch might not be politically correct but I can't think of how else to put it)

I give up, what's the answer?
    signature image

Thumbs Up

You made a really expensive text or phone call?
    Online gambling with your iPad?

AH HA! I had thought that your problem implied that they only bought was was listed and nothing else.

Well hell, that's his problem! From what I know of you online, I'd say you would make a great catch!
    (Catch might not be politically correct but I can't think of how else to put it)

I give up, what's the answer?
    No expensive text/call and I don't have an iPad.

Much obliged for the compliment, kind sir!

Okay, okay, I'll spill the beans:

I added this and this to my techie arsenal. I'm so stoked!
    ~ Voltaire

Ooo, video editing. I dabbled in that a little. Amazing what you can add to video with digital editing.

Quote Originally Posted by Umah Bloodomen View Post
    No, I did not. Taco Bell's have TV's? I must have gone to a cheap Taco Bell.
    Well, I'd never heard of the chain before seeing Demolition Man, so that was a random guess. Who would've thought they sold software? The worldwide takeover is well under way, it seems.
    I'd be apathetic if I weren't so lethargic-Peter Griffin

Cool! A guy I work with is a Vid expert, he said Premiere is a good way to go.
    Of course I can tell you how cool CS5 is
    Need any help with Photoshop, let me know. I sit in front of it 9 hours a day 5 days a week (not counting what I do at home)

...I didn't knoe Taco Bell sold software...
    signature image

Thumbs Up

Well, Taco Bell doesn't really sell software. My friend, Cheong purchased it for me from Adobe and I paid him for it @ Taco Bell.

I may take you up on the PS help, BLOWHARD. The last version I used was 7, and while the interface looks similar, I'm sure there are many changes.

I have some books picked out on the entire suite that I'm going to get once I get my Amazon card from my bank. (Cashed in some debit card points and got that as a reward).
    ~ Voltaire

7, I didn't have 7, I skipped from 6 to CS. I believe you'll find a lot of things in different spots but you'll also notice a great many improvements in a lot of places. I know there were many cool things from my last jump from CS2 to CS5. You're a PCer, yes?
    At least you're familiar with PS, that's good. Starting cold can be pretty bewildering!!!

BTW, just thinking about it, I started with a bootleg of PS3, PS4 was the first one I bought. It seems like a very long time ago Just think, PS3 was the first version with layers...
    signature image

Thumbs Up

Yes, I'm definitely a PC'er.

I don't want to say I was a PS expert back when I had 7, but I could get around in it. (I'm almost certain I wasn't using it to its fullest potential). I'm actually more fluent in Fireworks. (Used that before I even got into PS). Are either of those programs (and even Illustrator) tablet compatible? (I don't have one, but I've considered getting one for years).

I love the layer feature! Came in handy when I used to do signature images 'round these parts.
    ~ Voltaire

Good deal, it sounds like you're ready to go
    signature image

Photoshop is indeed tablet compatible. In fact, I think tablets basically were made for it to start off. And a tablet, I've found, is basically invaluable when using Photoshop. For years I using a mouse with it and I probably wasted hundreds upon hundreds of hours of my life extra that I'd have never needed to, were I to have had a more intuitive instrument to use. Just my opinion on it, but I'd say get a tablet to use with PS, if you're really going to be using it often and seriously.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    Photoshop is indeed tablet compatible. In fact, I think tablets basically were made for it to start off. And a tablet, I've found, is basically invaluable when using Photoshop. For years I using a mouse with it and I probably wasted hundreds upon hundreds of hours of my life extra that I'd have never needed to, were I to have had a more intuitive instrument to use. Just my opinion on it, but I'd say get a tablet to use with PS, if you're really going to be using it often and seriously.
    Good to know! I'm looking at a Wacom Bamboo. (It has pretty good consumer reviews).
    ~ Voltaire

That's what I have and I love it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast