Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Titan

Titan

Titan

Does anyone else besides me hate titan? by the end of the game i started seeing the titan battles as a crutch to lean on laterr in the game. i personally hope there's no titan at all in the game, not at all. no big guys to fight, no rivers of green to stop nothing

Yeah, a lot of people were unhappy with how it was used in AA. We'll have to see about AC.

Originally Posted by Joe Chill
    Yeah, a lot of people were unhappy with how it was used in AA. We'll have to see about AC.
    This
    Whatever happened to the American dream? It came true, you're looking at it .

I like how they were not always the same tho. I wished Bane was completely diffrent however
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

I totally didn't like the Titan. It made for such a weak (and completely the same to the rest of the titan fights) final boss battle. Of course by that time, I was already tired of throw batarang, dodge, rinse, repeat. I hope it's not a central plot point for Arkham City.
    Dif tor heh smusma.

Well apparently there's atleast 1 case of it left. I wouldn't mind if one of the villains and his thugs used it to have one mission around it

I was ok with Titan in AA, but outside of a potential return of Bane to the scene, I'd be perfectly happy if it wasn't a part of Arkham City.

Perhaps they'll have Titan as some sort of super drug the gang leaders (Penguin, Two-Face, etc) give to their minions.. Or trade to other leaders for resources and such. Ammo, food, etc.
    I imagine ammo and weapons are very scarce in AC and that most of the gang leaders would be doing anything to acquire them.
    Originally Posted by Damian Wayne
    Don't patronize me or I'll break your face.

Originally Posted by puppet627
    Perhaps they'll have Titan as some sort of super drug the gang leaders (Penguin, Two-Face, etc) give to their minions.. Or trade to other leaders for resources and such. Ammo, food, etc.
    And game's last boss - A boss fight against dozens of titan fueled villains. Joker, Two-Face, Mr Freeze... Arkham City falling to pieces

I will admitt that I was in no way a HUGE fan of the titan storyline during AA, but it had it's moments where it was pretty enjoyable. The only thing that I felt ruined the whole titan thing was the fact that Joker felt the need to use it on himself. I understand that Batman is obviously the one will the physical advantage but Joker can hold his own and i felt they could have found a better way to end the game. But hey, I am not stating anything new here since many others feel the same lol.

No more Titan. Just ignore it ever existed.

No more Titan...

It was a crutch for the developers to create 'videogame' boss fights and seemed a very childish take on Batman than what we're used to these days.

I would prefer more set-piece fights for boss battles; I loved the Harley boss fight where Batman and all the goons would all run from electrified section.

Yeah. No more titan. I cant take any more of those stupid plants chucking slimeballs at my face.
    I wonder where Batman keeps his Batarangs. Probable not in his utility belt. They might cut off something important.

Originally Posted by The_Mad_Batter
    Yeah. No more titan. I cant take any more of those stupid plants chucking slimeballs at my face.
    honestly, i wasn't too upset by ivy's giant plant fight. felt like a nice cross between a beat em up level and a side-scroller, it wasn't different but it was refreshing compared to the rest fo the game.

what really upset me was that there wasn't a good fight between the possessed guards and batman beyond the boss fight. felt like there was a missed opportunity for a fun predator level by putting plant pods in the garden level instead of possessed guards.

but i agree, titan was fun but i dont want to see it again, lets do something a little more creative this time around. maybe a few titan henchmen here and there, but not a focus for bosses or the overall plot. you got away with it in arkham asylum, but if its in AC that would just be disappointing.

and, on a tangent, for god sakes if croc comes back give him a good fight for a change, none of this running scared business.
    My name is Edwardo. Enjoy it.

I'm not a fan of the Titan plot device at all. I'm reminded of the Batman & Robin movie. It was cool the first few times it was used by Bane in Knightfall, but I hope its not central to Arkham City. Sadly, the final cut-scene in B:AA seems to suggest it might be (that is if anyone has any news that may dispel this theory).

Also, is anyone hoping for some "normal" looking criminals to face in B:AC? I hope some of the thugs I encounter (as Batman in B:AC) aren't roided-up thugs with huge muscles.

How about an old lady with an axe?

YOU STUPID FREAKS TRESPASSING ON MY LAWN!
    I wonder where Batman keeps his Batarangs. Probable not in his utility belt. They might cut off something important.

How about an old lady with an axe?

YOU STUPID FREAKS TRESPASSING ON MY LAWN!
    that would be AMAZING!
    Please join my role-play forum, Batman: Before Dawn to get involved in our own fun and twisted Bat-verse which has been going amazingly well. Plenty of characters available!

Again, I'm joking!

Again, I'm joking!
    But...imagine the possibilities! She woul be an impossible boss battle where you want to throw the control and burst out tears of laughter at the same time because after ALL Batman has ever faced in his years of crime fighting the real, unreal, and surreal...he can't get past Grandma Hatchet!

Ahem...but yea, limited Titan, please :-)
    Please join my role-play forum, Batman: Before Dawn to get involved in our own fun and twisted Bat-verse which has been going amazingly well. Plenty of characters available!

I loved how it was used for story purposes, but the reason why I'm not a huge fan is because how every single battle had the same exact pattern. It made perfect sense in the story though of how it was originally intended to help patients cope with more intense physical therapy only for Joker to try to use it to create an army and was also a pretty satisfying way to have Joker really be in pain at the end. Had they just made the strategies for defeating the Titan bosses different and much, much more interesting for Joker, I would've had no complaints with it.

they kind of left using Titan in AC open ended what with all the packages addressed to various villains in the Greenhouse. I honestly feel that they'll avoid it all together and have a quick little blurb to explain what happened in the year since.

At the same time, with Joker's condition, you got to wonder if it'll play at least some part....

In my opinion, I really want a fan of Titan at all in AA, but it was kind of expect with Dini's writing as of late. I'm not saying its gotten worse or is terrible, but if anyone has been reading Streets of Gotham or Detective Comics before the Batwoman arc, you'll know what I'm talking about. (i.e.- Abuse)
    http://profile.mygamercard.net/GringoSuave89

Originally Posted by GR1NG0_SU4V3
    they kind of left using Titan in AC open ended what with all the packages addressed to various villains in the Greenhouse.
    Screenshot? What villains?

I'm guessing whoever really nabs the titan in the end of AA, is going to sell it to the highest bidder, and who else but members of the mafia would be interested in this? One or a few of the mob leaders, you heard it here first.

Originally Posted by deathbyoatmeal1
    Does anyone else besides me hate titan? by the end of the game i started seeing the titan battles as a crutch to lean on laterr in the game. i personally hope there's no titan at all in the game, not at all. no big guys to fight, no rivers of green to stop nothing
    It's very possible that we could see it again in AC, but just not as much. I'm pretty sure all the Arkham staff cleaned up the remains of Titan after all the prisoners were put back in their cells. But let's not forget the last box of Titan we saw at the end of the game where either Killer Croc, Bane, or Scarecrow's hand came out the water. I'm pretty sure we will see one of them induced on Titan again in AC. Bane or Killer Croc would be my suggestion. It's even possible that we could see Poison Ivy recovering from Titan. Remember, Joker gave her a shot of it when you left the Botanical Gardens.

Killer Croc on Titan without his collar on...O_o

Page 1 of 2 12 Last