Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TR2Prj

TR2Prj

Hey Aktrekker, have you a version of this thing that will work on XP? The version I have won't load any project files for me

Lightbulb

Just tried mine and it wouldn't work either.

Mind you the readme says:

TR2Prj README.txt

Version 2.23

* Fixed a file pointer error for TR1/2/3 levels that caused a crash. Bug created by 2.22 changes.

Version 2.22

* Fixed the file I/O so program will work under Windows XP.

And I don't have version 2.22. wonder if XP only worked under that version?

It's about time Aktrekker put together a programme that randomly generated finished levels for you, complete with texturing lighting and gameplay. Slacker

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMaciver
    It's about time Aktrekker put together a programme that randomly generated finished levels for you, complete with texturing lighting and gameplay. Slacker
    yeah! come on Aktrekker mate..

Chuckle chuckle guffaw

In other news...

Someone else said in a recent thread that they had problems with the sold out version. Everyone else who responded to the thread said it ran fine on XP.

You said it won't load project files? Well, it was designed to load TR files, so that could be the problem
    Assuming you mean TR files, what version of TR are you loading from? There were always problems with TR3. I removed TRC a few versions back b/c the game had diagonal walls and null rooms that really messed up the project.

Or did you mean the project files won't load in WinRoomEdit? If so, it would help to have the PRJ file that was created. And is winroomedit refusing to load the prj, does it crash, or does it just get too many errors?

Is the TR2Prj crashing? The crash information would help track down where the problem is.

As always, you can email the info to me at aktrekker at yahoo dot com

As for finished levels with texturing lighting and gameplay, try trle.net

I loaded a TR file and I checked the box to save all. The app then aksed for a WAS file? Long time since I last used it, so perhaps i'm just using it wrong

I'm trying to open a TR2 data file. The programme just cuts to desktop with no error messages or anything.

I really need to check in more often.

dhama,
    If you are saving the project with objects, it needs the name of a wad file to put in the project file. I just happened to select the WAS file instead of WAD, in case you haven't extracted a WAD file yet.

George,
    Which TR2 file are you trying to load? I can try it on Win2K and see if there is a problem. At least it will help narrow it down. And knowing that it just goes to the desktop without an error also helps.

Quote Originally Posted by aktrekker
    dhama,
    If you are saving the project with objects, it needs the name of a wad file to put in the project file. I just happened to select the WAS file instead of WAD, in case you haven't extracted a WAD file yet.
    I was trying to extract working Tibet monks from a level, but I don't know what the original WAD was used.

Hi Aktrekker, it was the RIG.tr2 file. I tried another couple of tr2 files too, with the same result. To be honest, I didn't try any of the others. I did, however, try all the compatibility modes and the result was always the same - straight to desktop with no error message

I don't seem to be having any problems on Win2K, but...the program was built on my machine so it would make sense that it runs ok.
    I have been getting a link warning about library conflicts. It happens because the version of zlib.dll everyone is using is pretty old and not apparently built with a newer version of VC++. So I built my own version of zlib.dll and it eliminated the error.

I have a new version of TR2Prj (with a new zlib.dll) ready if someone wants to test it. Just tell me where to send it.

I'll have a look at it! Thanks.

Sent. Hope this solves the problem.
    I don't like the idea of multiple versions of zlib.dll floating around, but it may be necessary.

Thumbs Up

Me too please mate... *[terrydhama@yahoo.co.uk]* thanks.

Well, it looks like we're good to go! George says it works.
    Sending it now dhama.

Yep, it works perfectly. Maybe you should consider having 2 versions and keep the new zlib for XP only? I dunno, though, I'm not a programmer and don't really know what I'm talking about. Thanks for getting this thing to work. Prjmerge is another brilliant little programme I really love

Thumbs Up

Excellent... yeah thanks mate, works for me too

Maybe I could rename zlib.dll so everyone knows it is an XP compatible version. It still works on Win2K, and probably on Win98, so it shouldn't cause any problems except maybe with other tools. And it shouldn't cause problems for them either.
    I just tried TR2Wad and TRViewer and they both worked. Well, except with a TR4 file from a custom level, then TRViewer crashed even with the old version of zlib.
    Maybe I'll just keep the same name. It doesn't seem to create any problems.

Glad you like PRJMerge. I've had some ideas for making it easier to use, but I'm not sure how often it is used.

Geez Aktrekker, next to Wadmerger and T Builder, PrjMerge is my most useful tool. It has loads of applications. For example, you can add a few rooms from one project to another very easily to give the impression of continuity between level jumps. It's also extremely useful for exchanging parts of maps with other level builders in Team projects. I used it a lot building the Jungle Ruins series. It's a brilliant little tool

Could I have it as well please.

p.graveney@btinternet.com

Sent it to bedazzled.

Could someone upload it so I don't have to keep doing this? Thanks.

If you send it to *[trwad@hotmail.com]* I can upload it

Thanks mate I can upload it to www.Laras-workshop.co.uk

ok, one more time for TRWad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast