Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Cyberpunk RPG/FPS

Cyberpunk RPG/FPS

Cyberpunk RPG/FPS

No, not DXHR.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/07/16/so...k-eye-trailer/

With multiple approaches to problem-solving even
    "Jensen if you even think of using that CASIE aug on me I will hit you." -Malik

It's got a lot of work before I become genuinely interested. For instance, a living world of non-hostile NPCs that you can interact with. That's what I demand from my RPGs.

Also, the design aesthetic is very weak.

But they are at least headed in a hopeful direction.

I shall wait and see if this weird thing comes together in time.
    signature image

Loads of classes, but a shedload of work to do as well. Taking a look at the Puppet Master bit and there is a hell of a lot of menu work involved before something gets done. That is not brilliant design. Animations and art need to be upgraded. That text after every attack is pretty lame. Definitely a work in progress.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

I showed EYE a while ago but this is a work in progress, this is an indie game.
    If you want to make enemies; just dumb something down
    The manderley song => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WnBeglPl7s

Tyroll corporation? Really? What a plagio
    the telescopic evolution paradigm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saxX-Z6w3p4

why do so many idiots insist on adding magic to science fiction ?
    I SERVE NONE BUT KORROK
    "It's not the end of the world but it is the end of fine dining"

Originally Posted by hem dazon 90
    why do so many idiots insist on adding magic to science fiction ?
    Because throws monkeys in System Shock 2 are fricken creepy.

pshaw, that was psionic powers, not magic!

also, this looks like a better attempt at Shadowrun. and it's using a mouse, so it must be for PC. that makes me interested.

did anyone else notive the general black and gold colour theme?

I noticed a lot of grey and brown. Woo.

the only time fantasy and science fiction ever worked well together was in dune
    I SERVE NONE BUT KORROK

What can I say, its my kind of game

FPS / FPS with upgradable weapons, systems, infrastructure, dynamics and probably a pristine visual appearance, whats not to like about a FPS / RPG? I mean your given the decision to become who you want without the nessisary need for classes, or races, your given a task and you complete it around varients that you want, and not what is dyanmically scripted into the system, with more choices then a scripted system that lets you choose between A, B, C? with the occassional D. I can imagine Deus Ex HR is probably gonna make games like Mass Effect 2, Borderlands, and Alpha Protocol go into the Hall of Shame as far as cross-dynamic decision making.

Besides gosh darn it, its a Futuristic Shooter, with a following storyline from the original Deus Ex's in some way that is oblvious to us at the moment, and that will either make or break the series. Personally the suspense to know more is killing me.

This is probably gonna be one of my top 5 to Buy list for the next generation of games coming out, with Red Faction: Armageddon coming up 2nd on the list, Fallout New Vegas as three, Homefront as four, and Dust 514 coming in at number 5.

6 - 7 are Diablo 3 & Gothic 4 take a guess what order they fall into cause I dont really know anymore =)

Originally Posted by hem dazon 90
    the only time fantasy and science fiction ever worked well together was in dune
    Not the war of stars?

And eventually Dune got a bit nuts with ships that could nullify prescience.
    "Jensen if you even think of using that CASIE aug on me I will hit you." -Malik

Originally Posted by pringlepower
    Not the war of stars?

And eventually Dune got a bit nuts with ships that could nullify prescience.

Woops forgot about that

so yeah dune and star wars thats about it
    I SERVE NONE BUT KORROK

Star Wars never seemed like fantasy to me. More like science fiction that doesn't quite explain its science. :P

Originally Posted by maddermadcat
    Star Wars never seemed like fantasy to me. More like science fiction that doesn't quite explain its science. :P
    The Force is straight up fantasy. It magically works on everything (organics, droids and inanimate matter), can predict the future and even bring people back from the dead as ghosts.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

yeah but, dude

midichlorians

Worst phlebotinum ever.

I am very excited to see more of this game! It looks like a combo of deus ex V:TM and Killzone or something. In short epic!

Ok After reading a healthy amount on their site if they can deliver on what their describing and do justice to their inspirations (which are very diverse and mostly awsome!) This could very well be the next deus ex!

However it doesnt say anything about platform that I've found. I hope its not a pc only release.
    I am Parado! God of opposites, contradictions and paradoxes!

Is it just me, or does this game look like a Crysis mod?

Probably just me...

Originally Posted by Human

Probably just me...
    Looks like a Half-Life 2 mod, because it is a Half-Life 2 mod.

What makes it like Crysis? Super human powers in a fps?

Originally Posted by Human

Probably just me...
    Yeah it's based on the source engine from valve.

Shadowrun is an amazing world and an awesome concept. Theres nothing wrong with blending sci-fi cyberpunk with magic like Shadowrun did. A Shadowrun MMO will be the one game I'll want until the day I die...

Originally Posted by atLaNt1s
    Tyroll corporation? Really? What a plagio
    Originally Posted by pringlepower
    No, not DXHR.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/07/16/so...k-eye-trailer/

With multiple approaches to problem-solving even
    AND, "The Assassin's Dogma" too.

Looks like an average-quality fan mod to me.

Originally Posted by Roger Mexico
    AND, "The Assassin's Dogma" too.

Looks like an average-quality fan mod to me.
    You should read the literature they got on their site. If they can pull that off it sounds great!

agreed. but i'd want some nice single-player games for that too. something like "the Witcher", but set in a Shadowrun setting would be epic.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last