Thread: makeshift bow

makeshift bow

Newb question:

Does lara keep her makeshift bow throughout the entire game? I ask because I don't wanna drop 250 salvage for more damage if she don't. Or how long does she keep it?

btw one of the best adventure genre game I have played. In my opinion better than Hitman absolution.

Nope.

You are forced to switch bows later in the game and you won't keep the makeshift bow after that. But the upgrades carry-over.

And welcome to the forums

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

The makeshift bow will be upgraded into more powerful types, as will all the other weapons. Upgrades like extra damage and firing rate you'll buy with salvage are permanent and will still be there when the weapon is upgraded.

Great to hear that you enjoy the game

permanent?

So upgrading it in coastal plains is a good choice then I have 500 salvage after axe upgrade b4 runnin into the Russians. So starter bow gets auto upgraded and its upgrade is permanent as will the pry axe excellent! No wonder the upgrade is spendy since its permanent.

Why would anyone want to hold on to the makeshift bow? Not only do the upgrades make the weapon more powerful, but the Recurve and Competition bow are just beautifully elegant in design
    signature image

^ The compound bow is cool and it's my fav bow, but I didn't care much for the competition bow. I find it too out of place and obtrusive.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Cool thanks

It was 3 in the morn and didn't notice it carrys over.

and thanks for the welcome

How do I put a picture on my profile? will the forums accept webcam pic?

Oh I C usercp/editavatar

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    ^ The compound bow is cool and it's my fav bow, but I didn't care much for the competition bow. I find it too out of place and obtrusive.
    Agreed.

One thing I don't like is that the enemies' weapons upgrade with Lara's. Once she obtains the recurve, compound and competition bows, the enemies do as well.

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    Agreed.

One thing I don't like is that the enemies' weapons upgrade with Lara's. Once she obtains the recurve, compound and competition bows, the enemies do as well.
    Wait, there are four different bows in TR9, nor 3? Did I miss something

Wait, there are four different bows in TR9, nor 3? Did I miss something
    There's four indeed!
    There's the makeshift bow, the recurve bow, the compound bow and the competition bow.

(click image to enlarge)

I thought it was kind of silly that there was a competition bow in the game. It just seemed so out of place. And don't get me started on the WW2 era Japanese Type 100 SMG being jury rigged by Lara into an AK, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by blackrook View Post
    And don't get me started on the WW2 era Japanese Type 100 SMG being jury rigged by Lara into an AK, LOL.
    That goes for any of the three firearms, basically.

(P.S. it's jerry-rigged. )

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    There's four indeed!
    There's the makeshift bow, the recurve bow, the compound bow and the competition bow.
    IIRC, I got the makeshift, compound and competition bow during my playthrough.

Where and when are you supposed to get the recurve bow?

Where and when are you supposed to get the recurve bow?
    With a little exploration, you'll usually acquire the required bow parts and be able to assemble the recurve bow around the Shantytown portion of the game. I'm usually able to do so prior to the parachute scene.

With heavy exploration, you'll find the two pieces around the Base Exterior and Mountain Village portions.

(click image to enlarge)

weapon parts&more

Ok base exterior I got my 1st weapon part off of the heavy shielded guy. question: Do all parts com off of enemies or can they be found in boxes or lock boxes? How bought some exact locations of weapon parts would be nice I thought salvage was the parts but there separate. L.C jury rigging smg to AK you mean the upgrades?. eh-hem that's the same smg in mafia II cept a makeshift one. I am about to re-enter the village where the rope dart and shotgun is found err automatic like the smg and pistol? Ive been wondrin how to get those 2 salvage crates in the burn bags I cant get to in the village.

It does not always come off of enemies; you can find them in salvage crates and metal boxes (can only be opened after upgrading the prying axe.) As for specific locations, they randomise each time; they only similarity is that they tend to appear in the same general area, but it's never the same crate.

(click image to enlarge)

Rolleyes ign guide is vague its just a list

hmm ok that must be why there is no video guide to find them. I saw a list on ign on top of the list is hall of ascension handgun part. Was that b4 the base. The 2nd one is bow part on shield guy base exterior. Did I miss the 1st handgun part?