View Poll Results: Favourite Weapon of TR:U Demo?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • SMGs

19 32.20%
  • Shotgun

12 20.34%
  • Assault Rifle

21 35.59%
  • Tranquilizer Gun

15 25.42%
  • Spear Gun

11 18.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Weapon of TR:U Demo?

Lightbulb Favourite Weapon of TR:U Demo?

What was your favourite (non-pistol) weapon to shoot at Tigers and various other enemies with?

SMGs:

Shotgun:

Assault Rifle:

Tranquilizer Gun:

Spear Gun:

SMG's

poor tigers never saw that one coming

Whoa... I just played the first tiger combat scene.. I was surprised by how well the speargun did... I woulda thought it would be a water-only weapon.
    And try as hard as I might... I cannot use the shotgun I guess I just prefer the assault rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    Whoa... I just played the first tiger combat scene.. I was surprised by how well the speargun did... I woulda thought it would be a water-only weapon.
    And try as hard as I might... I cannot use the shotgun I guess I just prefer the assault rifle..
    That wouldve been a sight to see, Lara shooting tigers in with a spear gun

i havent got around to using that,the tranq or assault rifle yet

Tranquilizer Gun! there out in one!
    but the Uzi's come in close second, like josh said the tigers never saw it coming
    Zip! I Never Show Off!

I'm a shotgun player, always have been. From Duke3D to Gears of War. This is no exception.

BLAM! Hehe...

Unfortunately, you can't kill a tiger after you've tranq'ed it... bit of an unrealistic behaviour, but I guess that would make it too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by darksaiyan View Post
    I'm a shotgun player, always have been. From Duke3D to Gears of War. This is no exception.

BLAM! Hehe...

Unfortunately, you can't kill a tiger after you've tranq'ed it... bit of an unrealistic behaviour, but I guess that would make it too easy.
    you can by kicking it to death!
    Zip! I Never Show Off!

Hm, where are the minigun and the flamethrower and the chainsaw?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    back at the manor

Shes a Lady! not the world strongest man!
    Zip! I Never Show Off!

She could try the pocket versions?

if it was the old TR games then she could just shove it in her Mary poppin Bag! lol she could fit a Nuke in there
    but a Minigun a little over Rated don't you think?
    Zip! I Never Show Off!

I think it would be fun just for once... During one stage against a heavy opponent, or a vehicle.

you could be right! but i'm sure Lara's trusty little pistols will come in handy!
    Zip! I Never Show Off!

Quote Originally Posted by darksaiyan View Post
    She won't automatically target them, no. But:

I tried this. It's pretty murderous.

She won't automatically target them, no. But:

I tried this. It's pretty murderous.
    So if you first tranq them and they don't wake up after you'll start shooting them you've got in essence a one shot one kill device, right?...

So long as you stick around to kill them, yeah.
    But I just felt so guilty after doing that... maybe that's just me. (Although I'd hope people would feel guilty, even if it is just pixels. I'm no animals-rights guy, but it's just... not right to kill them that way. Of course, blasting them away with uzis is then completely moral )

I rather like the spear gun myself, though it's not very practical in combat. I thought it was the yellow one though, not the blue?
    Currently Playing: OneChanbara ( Wii , Xbox 360 ) Tomb Raider Underworld ( Xbox 360 )

Quote Originally Posted by banballow View Post
    I rather like the spear gun myself, though it's not very practical in combat. I thought it was the yellow one though, not the blue?
    Haha, it is. I just got it switched around in the post.

When trying out the weapons, the tigers never touched me when I had the spear gun... with every other weapon they knocked Lara off her feet Go figure.

So long as you stick around to kill them, yeah.
    But I just felt so guilty after doing that... maybe that's just me. (Although I'd hope people would feel guilty, even if it is just pixels. I'm no animals-rights guy, but it's just... not right to kill them that way. Of course, blasting them away with uzis is then completely moral )
    What I'm thinking about is: then they might as well let the player switch between tranquilizer darts and toxic darts, the latter taking the baddy down in one shot and being of course rather scarse.

I think disguising the OSK (one shot kill) weapon as a tranq., animal friendly weapon is cunning.. there's no need to create/advertise a weapon available at the start of the game.
    (And if the tranq's this powerful for the start, I wonder how powerful the cheat uber-gun's gonna be).

And did you see any ammo, of any kind in the demo? Lara started fully loaded... maybe there'll be ammo pickups from mercs, but apart from that I think it's just what she's carrying with her.

I think disguising the OSK (one shot kill) weapon as a tranq., animal friendly weapon is cunning.. there's no need to create/advertise a weapon available at the start of the game.
    (And if the tranq's this powerful for the start, I wonder how powerful the cheat uber-gun's gonna be).
    It probably won't affect the tranq gun, I guess it will be golden shutgun again.... although since the player can now control the health of the enemies I wonder whether there actally gonna be such cheats since that is a sort of a cheat already.

And did you see any ammo, of any kind in the demo? Lara started fully loaded... maybe there'll be ammo pickups from mercs, but apart from that I think it's just what she's carrying with her.
    I havn't got a clue because I'm struck by the curse of an evil game genie and it doesn't work. But now that whe're talking about it, can you tell me if she carries all these 5 guns at the same time and switches between them? You know in Leipzig I could only switch between pistols and Uzi's.

I havn't got a clue because I'm struck by the curse of an evil game genie and it doesn't work. But now that whe're talking about it, can you tell me if she carries all these 5 guns at the same time and switches between them? You know in Leipzig I could only switch between pistols and Uzi's.
    I only thought it was the Uzis myself, until I realised that you could switch between the weapons on the PDA
    She carries all 5 of those weapons, fully loaded, in the demo. (I'm unsure if it's the maximum ammo capacity, but it seems like she doesn't pick up any other ammo).
    Switching between weapons is TR:L style, toggle between pistols and equipped weapon. In the PDA you can switch which weapon is the currently selected weapon.

I'm not going to vote as I haven't played the demo so I have no idea how each of them work but I was wandering wether you can headshot a tiger with a tranquliser gun? Anyone know?
    No Comment.

I only thought it was the Uzis myself, until I realised that you could switch between the weapons on the PDA
    She carries all 5 of those weapons, fully loaded, in the demo. (I'm unsure if it's the maximum ammo capacity, but it seems like she doesn't pick up any other ammo).
    Switching between weapons is TR:L style, toggle between pistols and equipped weapon. In the PDA you can switch which weapon is the currently selected weapon.
    Okay thanks. I kinda like that: it allows the one to have a decent arsenal but one can still switch quickly between primary and secondary weapon. Crysis should have such a system......

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast