Thread: Nintendo Wii

Nintendo Wii

Is there anyone out there on forum has the console?? If so what do you think of it and what games do you recommend? Thinking seriously about getting one at end of month, but want to do some research before hand, from what i've heard about it so far it's all good, but would rather hear that from other serious gamers
    "A kind of evolution on steroids then?"

I was thinking about buying it but i went for the 360 , i now wish i had the wii.
    One game i had on ps2 and it is now on the wii is resident evil 4 wii edition and it was good ps2 so it must be good on wii.
    i do like the wii.

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Von Croy View Post
    Is there anyone out there on forum has the console?? If so what do you think of it and what games do you recommend? Thinking seriously about getting one at end of month, but want to do some research before hand, from what i've heard about it so far it's all good, but would rather hear that from other serious gamers
    Imo, Wii's still at quite the gimmicky stage (that plus it's way cheap), where it's interesting for a party, but not all that many big hits on it yet. Wait til the features get fully utilized though, it'd totally kick butt.

I've gotten it out from the video shop a few times, and so far Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition is by far my fav. There's basically no difference in content between the PS2 version and the Wii version, but the ability to aim and shoot with a wiimote makes things much easier (and you get that general feeling that you're actually shooting at something). The Wiimote mic also makes the right gun noises when you fire.

There's also the new Dance Dance Revolution game that should be out (can't remember when exactly) which looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun, as you'll need to wave your arms around on top of stepping on the mat this time around.

Trauma Center: Second Opinion is another game that's pretty interesting, you get to play a surgeon with the wiimote as your scalpel, though I totally sucked at that one

Either way, stay clear of Red Steel, it's horribly buggy and glitchy, the story isn't all that good, controls are a bit clunky, and the voice acting is pure cheese.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Von Croy View Post
    serious gamers
    Serious gamers, eh?
    You mean these guys:

But, I must say, I really love Wii coverage in the media. Ads and articles are hilarious. Check this one out:

Then of course, we have Cartman...

Not sure if my post helped you, Werner, but have fun with Wii if you decide get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcom View Post
    Serious gamers, eh?
    You mean these guys:

But, I must say, I really love Wii coverage in the media. Ads and articles are hilarious. Check this one out:

Not sure if my post helped you, Werner, but have fun with Wii if you decide get it.

Thanks guys, fom what i've heard so far the feedback is great about it, i liked resi 4 on PS2 as well, so gonna buy that on wii as well, not to mention TRA when it finally arrives on Wii edition that should be interesting

That episode of South Park was hilarious! I loved Buck Rogers too!

I've got a Wii, and I'll agree with DayLightX.

Hilarious for parties or groups of people, but solo it's just not the same.

I've got "Wii Sports" (that come with the Wii), "Wii Play" (ten mini-games, don't bother getting it unless it's free - or cheaper), and "Rayman: Raving Rabbids" which is a collection of a few dozen mini-games which are quite fun.

On top of that, I'd suggest getting a Wii now if you are a Nintendo fan, as you can get previous console games with loads more coming.

I got Donkey Kong: Country, my favourite SNES game for it, and it's as great as ever!

i havent bothered with the wii and that was a cheap trick putting Res evil on there and its.... yet another version of the 1,2,3,4, the mind boggles.

The Wii is for children and more in the game vein, all the rest of the console you can do much more with, thats we Wii have nevr releases it as a DVD combo

My mates got a Wii but he hardly plays it and im not a fan for mario or zelda partularly anything, and their the mainly selling games fo nintendo

Big Grin

I loved that episdoe of South Park

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather77 View Post
    I loved that episdoe of South Park
    i watched it twice now.
    "it's me!"
    "me who?!"
    "i am you in the furture! just listen to me!"
    "listen to this *farts at phone*"
    I love it even though it is rediculously outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulraider View Post
    The Wii is for children and more in the game vein, all the rest of the console you can do much more with...
    I'm 22 and I have a Wii.

... thats we Wii have nevr releases it as a DVD combo
    The reason why they didn't release it with a DVD player, is because Nintendo have said DVD players are so cheap nowadays that most if not all houses have one, and it would be pointless to install one as it would only raise the price.

My mates got a Wii but he hardly plays it and im not a fan for mario or zelda partularly anything, and their the mainly selling games fo nintendo
    If you looked, you'll find there's a whole host of "adult" games for the Wii, not just Resident Evil, but the likes of Call of Duty 3, Driver, and the new Medal of Honour: Vanguard game (which does look pretty impressive).

Though as a twenty-two year old man, I'm also finding the new Harry Potter game interesting.. being able to speak the spells would be really cool, and the Wiimote is used as a wand... genius

well nintendo never really has been intrested in doing it different. Well everyone can enjoy the Wii, but this like Zelda and maria are aimed and a younger audience

the only pain is Wii and the new res evil, well rehash, it just a right pain when they dont release them on all the consoles

well nintendo never really has been intrested in doing it different. Well everyone can enjoy the Wii, but this like Zelda and maria are aimed and a younger audience

the only pain is Wii and the new res evil, well rehash, it just a right pain when they dont release them on all the consoles
    Not quite, they are, in fact, the only company that is doing something new and different. You don't see MS or Sony exploring new ways of playing games. Nintendo tried DS with touch screen, and Wii with the motion sensors (both are unique, until Sony decided to follow suit with their 6-axis controllers, mind you).

The 2nd argument isn't very solid either. The so called "new RE" is on every console (with the exception of XB). Think about it, GC and Wii (Nintendo) has RE4, Sony has RE4 on PS2, which in turn works on a PS3. That's not all, as PC also has RE4. As for the next in the series RE5, that's gonna be on both XB360 and PS3 (Wii doesn't seem like it's gonna be getting it, but that doesn't matter, as you don't like the Wii anyway), so what seems to be the problem?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DayLightX View Post
    Not quite, they are, in fact, the only company that is doing something new and different.
    That is very true.

I find the fact that you've said Nintendo haven't been interested in doing anything different very laughable and ludicrous.

Nintendo were the first company to have hand-held consoles, and now look where we're at. We've got the DS, PSP, and several varities of the Gameboy - the thing that started off the whole craze.

Once more, I say the argument that Nintendo is aimed for children is wrong. I've listed several games for the Wii that arn't aimed at children, but in fact adults, and more often than not, games for the other consoles (Hex-Box2, PS3) are also coming out on the Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulraider
    ... it just a right pain when they dont release them on all the consoles
    This is something that companies have been doing for years.

The PS3 will have Metal Gear Solid 4 as an exclusive, just like Nintendo have the Mario games and Resident Evil, just like Microsoft have the god-awful Halo.

It's all a marketing ploy to make you buy their consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    This is something that companies have been doing for years.

The PS3 will have Metal Gear Solid 4 as an exclusive, just like Nintendo have the Mario games and Resident Evil, just like Microsoft have the god-awful Halo.

It's all a marketing ploy to make you buy their consoles.
    Signed.

I would even go as far as to say that exclusives, in a way, are driving the technological advancement of the machines.

Just ordered it today, hopefully get it tommorow with Wii sports Transformers, and Sonic cannot wait
    "A kind of evolution on steroids then?"

Quote Originally Posted by Xcom View Post
    That was just too brilliant of an episode for words!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman
    "C'mon! C'MON!"

Quote Originally Posted by DEEKMAN View Post
    That was just too brilliant of an episode for words!
    [Offtopic]I like it where he accidently sends himself further back in time at the end.
    [/offtopic]

I think the wii is good although the actual games aren't supposed to be that good , if you are lazy (kinda like me ) then a wii isn't for you , if you want a relaxing game the wii would make you get up all the time ,looks pretty fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
    if you want a relaxing game the wii would make you get up all the time
    Making Cartman's desire for it all the funnier!

Quote Originally Posted by DEEKMAN View Post
    Making Cartman's desire for it all the funnier!
    Good point although he would probally buy games that you could play in bed.

Putting the res evil chronicles on the Wii. argh! rgrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

but they are releasing it soon on the 360 thank god for that

i have never been pulled towards nintendo for the sole reason i dont like mario or zedla, so whats the point

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    I have the Wii. The kids are playing the retro stuff and having fun (although I think they are a bit on the expensive side.) and I have been having fun with the sports pack that came with it even if they are just demos. It also seems that Mario Party 8 seems to also get some play.
    Many of the other games I have just don't get much play.