View Poll Results: Did you like Batman TAS and Batman Beyond?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I liked both

    24 68.57%
  • No I only liked Batman TAS

    11 31.43%
  • No I only liked Batman Beyond

    0 0%
  • I didn't like either

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: So who here liked Batman TAS AND Batman Beyond?

So who here liked Batman TAS AND Batman Beyond?

  1. #1

    So who here liked Batman TAS AND Batman Beyond?

    Discuss. I like both, but everyone is different.

  2. #2
    I like both, but if I had to pick just one it would definitely be BTAS.

  3. #3
    Yeah i liked both, but nothing has beat TAS cept maybe a couple animated movies
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

  4. #4
    I only liked TAS.. even TNAS wasnt good, mature or stylish enough for me to enjoy it.

  5. #5
    I liked them all.

    Batman Beyond deserves major props for taking a stupid executive's idea ("Make Batman more like Spider-Man") and making it awesome.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

  6. #6
    ^REALLY?!?! That's the whole reason for the SHOW?!?! I don't know whether I'm more upset by the idea or.... no I'm just upset by the idea. Still liked the show, but c'mon! Spiderman? I like Spiderman too (In fact he was once my favorite hero) but no one should be inspired to do anything ever based on Spiderman. That way leads to broken necks from trying to swing from silly string and forcing spiders to bite you on the off chance you'll get super-powers. At least with Batman there was no way to be him because you had to be rich to get all that stuff. So aside from throwing hangers at your little sister, no harm really ever came from Batman, lol. Seriously though, I liked every series sans the ones I wasn't born during and The Brave and the Bold. Actually that's a lie. I kinda liked Super Friends.
    Check out my artist page on facebook: The Accidental Masterpiece

  7. #7
    Yeah, I found that strange as well

  8. #8
    I shelled out my money for both of the shows. I liked where Batman : The Animated Series was going, but when Bane didn't break Batman's back, I started questioning it's faithfulness to the comics. But it was still an awesome show.

    As soon as I went over to Batman Beyond, there was plot holes left and right, it annoyed me. Even though by that time I knew the shows had their own universe.

    When Justice League came to be, I was hoping we could ignore the events of Batman Beyond, and with Batman speaking to his older self it created a time-paradox so that none of the events taken place in BB could happen.

    Since then, there have been too few good shows, but I'm really excited for Young Justice and the New Batman : Animated Series, set to be in a different earth and more mature, dark, and gritty. Hopefully, they will get the bad taste of BB out of my system, it's pretty hard dealing with it.

  9. #9
    Neither option. I loved both.
    Batman: Arkham Asylum Hype Trailer
    "I'll never let you win, Joker... Never"

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by *Batman*
    When Justice League came to be, I was hoping we could ignore the events of Batman Beyond, and with Batman speaking to his older self it created a time-paradox so that none of the events taken place in BB could happen.
    Huh? When Batman met Future Batman it was in an alternate timeline. When things got set straight with Chronos it went back to how it was, with young Batman never meeting old Batman.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by †Batman†
    but I'm really excited for Young Justice and the New Batman : Animated Series, set to be in a different earth and more mature, dark, and gritty.
    young justice and the new batman show should be in the same universe.
    Originally Posted by Batman
    I am vengeance. I am the night. I AM BATMAN!

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by EliteF50
    Neither option. I loved both.
    LOL, me too, man, me too.

    Originally Posted by †Batman†
    I shelled out my money for both of the shows. I liked where Batman : The Animated Series was going, but when Bane didn't break Batman's back, I started questioning it's faithfulness to the comics. But it was still an awesome show.

    As soon as I went over to Batman Beyond, there was plot holes left and right, it annoyed me. Even though by that time I knew the shows had their own universe.

    When Justice League came to be, I was hoping we could ignore the events of Batman Beyond, and with Batman speaking to his older self it created a time-paradox so that none of the events taken place in BB could happen.

    Since then, there have been too few good shows, but I'm really excited for Young Justice and the New Batman : Animated Series, set to be in a different earth and more mature, dark, and gritty. Hopefully, they will get the bad taste of BB out of my system, it's pretty hard dealing with it.
    There's a new Batman Animated Series? Any links to what it is? Or do you mean Brave and the Bold?

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by A Dark Knight
    There's a new Batman Animated Series? Any links to what it is? Or do you mean Brave and the Bold?
    not much is confirmed, no site, no links. BATB is going to be cancelled, and the new one will take it's place. James Tucker said it'll most likely be GGI.
    Originally Posted by Batman
    I am vengeance. I am the night. I AM BATMAN!

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by KnightHero
    not much is confirmed, no site, no links. BATB is going to be cancelled, and the new one will take it's place. James Tucker said it'll most likely be GGI.
    Interesting. Sounds fake, but ok. Well, back to discussing Batman TAS + BB then

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,994
    Originally Posted by TimelessUnknown
    I hate CGI, but Im hoping for the best from the new show. Back on topic, both BB and TAS were amazing and I loved em both.
    Same here, I'm a bit worried about it being CGI if that is true. Although I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised, the CGI cutscenes in the game are gorgeous and things like Final Fantasy Advent Children (I've flicked through it, didn't really pay too much attention to the story but the visuals were stunning) look amazing; and I understand both of those are big budget productions, but if the show can look half as good then It could be really good.

    Edit: Whoops, got a little bit of a telling off from a fellow moderator for replying to that without replying to the main topic. So I'll just edit this so as the post isn't classed as a 'derailment'.

    I liked both TAS and BB, but I did enjoy TAS a lot more; but I think they handled BB well, a lot of 'future' themed cartoons loose a lot of their style (like that spiderman one, I forget the exact name now) but this seemed to retain a lot of that style and class.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,545
    Both are equally awesome imo!

  17. #17
    Originally Posted by TimelessUnknown
    I hate CGI, but Im hoping for the best from the new show. Back on topic, both BB and TAS were amazing and I loved em both.
    I think we have enough TAS episodes to last us a lifetime. And i can't see how any show could top them.. because for one thing, THEY are our childhood. And that Dini art style is amazing. I like how it took place in the 1940s

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by jerren
    I think we have enough TAS episodes to last us a lifetime. And i can't see how any show could top them.. because for one thing, THEY are our childhood. And that Dini art style is amazing. I like how it took place in the 1940s
    What was set in the 1940's? And I'm glad most of you agree that both are awesome!

  19. #19
    TAS wasn't set in the 40s, it was set in the 90s. It just existed in a weird little dimension where the lines between the decades blurred.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,994
    Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    TAS wasn't set in the 40s, it was set in the 90s. It just existed in a weird little dimension where the lines between the decades blurred.
    Exactly, but I do love that; the art deco stylings were one of the best things about the overall look of the sho.

  21. #21
    Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    TAS wasn't set in the 40s, it was set in the 90s. It just existed in a weird little dimension where the lines between the decades blurred.
    Yeah the old fashioned cars and tommy guns were very 1940ish.. but then again it had computers. Stupid cartoons now days act like its a sin to show a REAL gun. They shoot lasers

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,649
    The style of the city was Art Deco; the cars and vehicles, along with the dress and hair styles, were all circa 1940's. However, the presence of computers and tech that exists only by the time of the 80's/90's means that the show is set in modern times with a city that just kept the style of the 40's. Since it's set in the same time as the Superman: TAS show was, you can say that Gotham City just liked to be a culture unto itself, there, as Metropolis was much more modern-looking. It's kind of comparable with the Fallout series, having an alternate universe, of sorts, where the world still looked like the 50's even by the early 2000's, then nuked itself into oblivion. Yet, it had a lot of modern advances (and even some that are what the world fairs promised would happen with technology, etc).

    Anyway, I pick the both option. I enjoy TAS more than Beyond, but I don't dislike either.

    As for the CGI thing: I am sure it will be awesome. They know what they're doing. If it would be close to the level of awesomeness that the DC Online game opening cinematic is, then I don't think anyone here can say they'll hate that If they do, they're lying, lol

  23. #23
    Would Arkham City work with the Art Deco style? With a few tommy guns and 1940s cars thrown in?

  24. #24
    Originally Posted by jerren
    Would Arkham City work with the Art Deco style? With a few tommy guns and 1940s cars thrown in?
    Maybe. Depends. And stay on topic please.

  25. #25
    I love the Dark Deco stylings of TAS. It was so damn old school. All the culture was just a little bit in the part while all the tech was just a little bit in the future, and together it worked really magically. Superman was similar but instead of being based in the seedy noir aspect of pulp fiction it worked in the retro futuristic stylings of it. I love that contrast between BTAS and STAS, the cynical and the optimistic. Thats why I wasn't a fan of the revamp. The Superman characters look sleek and clean and stylish because they live in that sleek and clean and stylish world. The Batman characters looked weighty and dirty and grimy because they lived in the arm pit of the civilized world. Rendering Batman in that sleek futuristic styling just hurt the atmosphere IMO.

    The sleek style worked really well for Batman Beyond though beause, well, it actually was the future. Plus they made it darker and made it more sci-fi.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Page 1 of 2 12 Last