Thread: question about transport

question about transport

question about transport

I heard that Adam will have pilot so that means the only way to get to the other locations is chopper? Better idea could be if we would have a chance to travel by boat or hire a boat for a change like in deus ex 1 when we moved from liberty island to battery park and then we met pilot.

I heard that Jc had a pilot named Jock. Did that mean he didn't used boat or metro ?

There no details except that some locations would be reached via a VTOL.
    If you want to make enemies; just dumb something down
    The manderley song => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WnBeglPl7s

Originally Posted by Sotsiak
    I heard that Jc had a pilot named Jock. Did that mean he didn't used boat or metro ?
    In the second mission after going through UNACTO HQ, he goes to Manhattan by boat. Later in the game, JC goes to Hells Kitchen via the metro system. Then even later, he leaves the Paris proper to Everrett's lab through unknown means. So while yeah most of the time he moved by chopper, it's not the only transportation he had.

@Sotsiak: In the first few missions he moved between Liberty Island and Battery Park by way of police boat; after resolving a situation around a subway station he took the metro into New York proper. After that, he either walked to where he needed to be or was flown around by Jock. During the second half of the game he relied almost exclusively on the helicopter, missions being situated in distant locales rather around central hubs such as Hell's Kitchen or Hong Kong (don't remember the name of the district) to a greater and greater degree towards the end with the exception of Paris. He also used a light submarine towards the end of the game.

tl;dr You really oughta play the game, you'd be doing yourself a favor.

EDIT: I appear to have been ninja'd. And to think I registered for this! Alas, what waste.

Lol at both of you guys. Of course I have played the game, I just used a little sarcasm to the Op, it never hurts anyone.

Hey, I just tried to be informative here.
    If you want to make enemies; just dumb something down
    The manderley song => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WnBeglPl7s

Lol at both of you guys. Of course I have played the game, I just used a little sarcasm to the Op, it never hurts anyone.
    If it helps any, I understood what you were getting at! Not quite sure how your point could be missed when you gave two such specific examples...

I found it funny.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Having to hire transportation would be very cool.

Originally Posted by Slaughts208
    Then even later, he leaves the Paris proper to Everrett's lab through unknown means.
    He was put unconsious, he was. Then kidnapped (sorta).
    "It would appear to be severe head trauma." ... "From what?"
    "Multiple Face-Palming..."

Shanghai concept art has alot of boats, and in the trailer it looks like Adam Icarus Drops from the heli, so you probably will have a pilot. It would be awesome to fly it though. Also don't forget about all those mechs.

Originally Posted by Angel-A
    Having to hire transportation would be very cool.
    There might be a situation similar to Invisible War. Ava Johnson flew you around for free. Sid Black would charge you a fair bit, but he'd usually drop you off at a better location, sometimes letting you bypass guards and such.

Hypothetical sitation: Getting somewhere in shanghai. Pay a small fair to take a civilian boat to the edge of the compound (you still have to fight/sneak/talk your way past the guards) or pay a bigger sum to a pilot, who'll drop you right on the roof.

When you really think about transportation it can be for 2 purposes or situations. Traveling outside of missions (free roam) and traveling during a mission (heli transport) or the missions and free roam are merged? Who knows how it , either way long distances will be available to traverse, and walking isn't so desirable... How do you get to your apartment when your really far away? Hmmm... Also Icarus drop in the trailer, possibility of jumping off buildings like parkour?

In this talk about transportation I'm curious about the pilot Faridah Malik and where the name is supposed to come from, I googled it and IMDB says say the name exists in the movie called Salo. I've seen it and It's the most sadistic movie ever made and Faridah is one of the victims. I doubt the developer had her in mind and maybe it doesnt mea anything at all but that victim word suddenly gets me thinking of the exploding flying vehicle in the trailer.
    Isn't Faridah supposed to fly that?
    Now everything happening in the trailer is not to translate litterally, some of the events are just show offs for Adams abilities and that might be the case in that moment. Names can just be taken from some google searches. But who knows maybe she will die, get blown up and it will add to the drama.

Well whatever. I hope we will see some clever transportation systems like some extremely fast Mag-levs in the citys.
    I recall a classic momemt from one of my favorite games: Shadow Run (SNES). When the main character rides that train and everything seems so dark and gloomy, atmospheric. Get a lot of nostalgic chills from that moment when I think of it, even if its simple detail. I would like to get that feeling again with Adam in a futuristic train.

This is where the Rollerblade Aug saves the day yet again.
    signature image