Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Dammmm tuk tuks

Dammmm tuk tuks

Dammmm tuk tuks

Theyre annoying......slow, weak, pathetic, and very abundant...

They are out of proportion....come around too often, outnumbering all other vehicles....

theyre useless...they get you killed because of theyre lack of any useful qualities...

too many times have I been overwhelmed in a firefight on the streets and needed to hijack a vehicle to escape....

then you go for the nearest vehicle and there is a dammmm tuk tuk....a useless tuk tuk...

you get in that crap and it is slooow, and weak.....the enemy blows it away fast....before your health rises

before you can get 10 meters away that thing is done....so you abandon it and go for another hijack...

dammm it....another tuk tuk....this game spawns too many of these pathetic things way too often ...

I want to hijack fast cars...but all I see are tuk tuks...why are they so abundant if they suck so bad?

they should be removed from the game because theyre useless.
    Is that an exploding gas canister or popcorn?

omg its so true.

They are unecessarily abundant

I like th tuk tuks

if all you ever see is Tuk Tuks then maybe you should get your eyes checked, or maybe see your doctor, or just buy something from the BM

T.O.U. Rule #10

Originally Posted by hex4393
    if all you ever see is Tuk Tuks then maybe you should get your eyes checked, or maybe see your doctor, or just buy something from the BM
    dumb idea....no BM while you have heat....you just wanna retreat....and yes....there are that many tuk tuks.

Originally Posted by JAGeng
    dumb idea....no BM while you have heat....you just wanna retreat...
    Actually, it's a brilliant idea, because the only thing that is ever closed to you when you call the Black Market is the extraction option. There's nothing to stop you buying a Poloma Renegade or something and shooting the heck out of the military while making your grand escape. Unless of course, you're failing in the money department.

BTW, good unintentional rhyming in your post.
    "Can't sleep...Panauan Military will kill me." -Rico Rodriguez
    Just Cause 2 Platinum Trophy achieved on: 26th June 2010

dumb idea....no BM while you have heat....you just wanna retreat....and yes....there are that many tuk tuks.
    then use your parachute, its fast and free and btw u can order vehicles while you have heat

OP... you need the tuk tuk boom boom.

Tuk Tuk's rule Panau!!

I love the tuk tuks. They're the best vehicle for seeing the sites and smelling the smells of Panau.

Originally Posted by wildhalcyon
    I love the tuk tuks. They're the best vehicle for seeing the sites and smelling the smells of Panau.

i would love to smell panau....like those 3d movies at theme parks that let you smell the movie...lol

tuk tuks suck though

I'm not sure how many of you guys are on PC, but get the Tuk Tuk Xtreme mod and every Tuk Tuk Laa now has 2 miniguns and an autocannon.

But yes, other than that, Tuk Tuks aren't very useful.

Originally Posted by Draco_Rodriguez
    Actually, it's a brilliant idea, because the only thing that is ever closed to you when you call the Black Market is the extraction option. There's nothing to stop you buying a Poloma Renegade or something and shooting the heck out of the military while making your grand escape. Unless of course, you're failing in the money department.

BTW, good unintentional rhyming in your post.
    lol....buying from the BM sounds reasonable but if youre in a cramped spot between some buildings, with patrols coming in from different directions, getting shot with heavy MGs, greatly outnumbered, loosing health fast, then its a little difficult to try calling the BM for a few reasons that will get you dead fast:

1. once you try using the beacon your weapons will be holstered, so youll be sitting there defenseless against the bullet spraying enemy.

2. while you are there unarmed and taking bullets to the face you need to search and point the beacon at an "acceptable" point on the ground or it wont respond.

3. trying to find that point on the ground while youre getting shot, in cramped places with little open room might be suicide.

we are back where we began....looking to avoid death...the grapple an chute are useful but you still get shot...thats why I said the safest way to retreat is getting in a nearby vehicle so it can absorb the shots while you recover health (and a very probable tuk tuk wont do)....

I have been killed while grappling away....so i prefer to get in the temporary safety of a vehicle and drive away while health replenishes...then I can engage again while in better position and with health replenished. for that you need a better vehicle than some tuk tuk .
    and trust me...when youre in that spot and need a fast car there will be tuk tuks all around you

Every time I see a tuk tuk I give it a little kiss and do more inappropriate things to it.

BTW the tuk tuk boom boom is gonna RULE Panau

It has an "AA" weapon! A fricken AA gun man!!

Its probably related to the way they spawn, as minute you are in one vehicle type, they are everywhere. I tend to always be surrounded by motorcycles, and always seem to hijack the scooters when I want to get away from the scene. So if you take a tuk tuk, that is all that will be on roads. Its not all bad, if you steal a supercar they are suddenly everywhere also.

Originally Posted by Colif
    Its probably related to the way they spawn, as minute you are in one vehicle type, they are everywhere. I tend to always be surrounded by motorcycles, and always seem to hijack the scooters when I want to get away from the scene. So if you take a tuk tuk, that is all that will be on roads. Its not all bad, if you steal a supercar they are suddenly everywhere also.
    right..the occupied vehicle spawn all around as civilians....but when youre on foot it seems to reset to spawning 3 to 5 tuk tuks for every other vehicle on the road.

lol....buying from the BM sounds reasonable but if youre in a cramped spot between some buildings, with patrols coming in from different directions, getting shot with heavy MGs, greatly outnumbered, loosing health fast, then its a little difficult to try calling the BM for a few reasons that will get you dead fast:

1. once you try using the beacon your weapons will be holstered, so youll be sitting there defenseless against the bullet spraying enemy.

2. while you are there unarmed and taking bullets to the face you need to search and point the beacon at an "acceptable" point on the ground or it wont respond.

3. trying to find that point on the ground while youre getting shot, in cramped places with little open room might be suicide.

we are back where we began....looking to avoid death...the grapple an chute are useful but you still get shot...thats why I said the safest way to retreat is getting in a nearby vehicle so it can absorb the shots while you recover health (and a very probable tuk tuk wont do)....

I have been killed while grappling away....so i prefer to get in the temporary safety of a vehicle and drive away while health replenishes...then I can engage again while in better position and with health replenished. for that you need a better vehicle than some tuk tuk .
    and trust me...when youre in that spot and need a fast car there will be tuk tuks all around you
    I have to say, you do get yourself into some crazy situations...What you've described seems to be a literal death trap! I still stick by my word that using the Black Market is plausible, though, at least at the difficulty level I'm on (Are you on hardcore or something?)...I'd probably throw a grenade or two, then use the commotion to aim slightly down at the floor (Because I've used the BM so much, I know where to aim the crosshairs most of the time), then press down and triangle as quickly as the game will allow me, and then buy an armoured vehicle such as a Hedge Wildchild, grapple to it and get in...given that time appears to be 'stopped' when in the Black Market, the soldiers shouldn't have repositioned properly after the grenade throwing, so you should be able to drive through the alleyway (or down the road or whatever) and smash a few of them out of the way while making your escape.

Of course, I don't know exactly what you've been through, and this is all a bit hypothetical...perhaps this is something to experiment with once I can actually use my PS3 again. (I hate being forced to stay at my grandmother's house, the only thing I've got is this computer!)

As for my opinion on Tuk Tuks...well, to me, they seem like a part of Asian culture, so I don't mind seeing tons of them on the road. Okay, so their top speed does annoy me sometimes when I want to get somewhere fast, but I can always just admire them while using the slingshot manoeuvre. That said...I'm really looking forward to buying the Tuk Tuk Boom Boom.
    "Can't sleep...Panauan Military will kill me." -Rico Rodriguez
    Just Cause 2 Platinum Trophy achieved on: 26th June 2010

yup....the situations i mention are common in JC2....specially when you blow a propaganda wagon at a multiple intersection....patrols start flooding the area faster than you can kill the propaganda guards that are very well armed too....

but the tuk tuks are good for something though....theyre so light weight that when escaping full speed in a fast car you dont have to avoid them....just blast them off the road with the car....your speed doesnt even drop!

but the tuk tuks are good for something though....theyre so light weight that when escaping full speed in a fast car you dont have to avoid them....just blast them off the road with the car....your speed doesnt even drop!
    haha, I was playing today, and noticed that as well. In some ways, they're easier to run over than motorcyclists because they don't get stuck underneath your car.

We should start a list of what Tuk Tuk's are good for (other than nothing, haha).

Originally Posted by Noobinabox
    haha, I was playing today, and noticed that as well. In some ways, they're easier to run over than motorcyclists because they don't get stuck underneath your car.

We should start a list of what Tuk Tuk's are good for (other than nothing, haha).
    yup.....hitting a motorcycle head on will affect your speed, damage your car and even make you loose control and fall down a cliff.....a tuk tuk is like a cardboard box.

they suck but I agree they give the game an oriental atmosphere and are good as civilian cars....just avoid using them in a pursuit.

four words...Tuk...Tuk...Boom...Boom...

Tuk Tuk Boom Boom

If you’re in the mood for something even more destructive, why not try out a true weapon of mass destruction in the new and improved Tuk-Tuk. No longer the runt of the litter, this particular Tuk-Tuk houses a ridiculously oversized mounted weapon on the roof. Just the thing you need to wreak havoc in paradise!
    signature image

Originally Posted by hex4393
    Dude, there are alot....

Originally Posted by EmbraceTheOne
    Dude, there are alot....
    right....theyre like a swarm of ants....if this guy doesnt see them all around all the time then hes not playing JC2

Page 1 of 2 12 Last