Thread: Fixing terrible Heat

Fixing terrible Heat

Fixing terrible Heat

After about five hours into the game, [at Normal difficulty] the Heat level becomes almost unbearable. Blowing up a generator and taking one or two crates brought two jeeps and a helicopter on me once. I understand that Heat is supposed to provide some challenge, but it's almost broken. Causing Chaos is tied to causing Heat, and killing the soldiers that come down on you only brings more. This is the problem. By mid-game you should have the weapons to deal with two jeeps and a helicopter, but managing an increasing horde of enemies while trying to do what you came to a settlement to do isn't fun.

My suggestion to fixing this is simple - Only sabotages and starting fights bring Heat increases. Not getting into the wrong vehicle, not shooting someone who's shooting at you, and most definitely not taking a crate.

2 jeeps only brings 4 guys shooting.... the point of the game is to continue to kill people not run at the first sign of trouble (a'la GTA)..... You will find it much easier to blow everyone up then you get a 30 sec or so window that will allow you to either slip out or continue your mayhem... I am 20 hours in with a 19% completion and all is still easy going....

I find you can lose heat easier by escaping into an area that a buddy faction has occupied.

Originally Posted by tpnaquin@austin.rr.com
    2 jeeps only brings 4 guys shooting.... the point of the game is to continue to kill people not run at the first sign of trouble (a'la GTA)..... You will find it much easier to blow everyone up then you get a 30 sec or so window that will allow you to either slip out or continue your mayhem... I am 20 hours in with a 19% completion and all is still easy going....
    I agree. 2 jeeps and a helicopter is completely manageable and if you shy from that you're a bad player. But 2 jeeps and a helicopter for what is [in the grand scheme of things] an incredibly minor action doesn't mesh. And dealing with 2 jeeps and a helicopter brings another 2 jeeps and a helicopter. And eventually the tanks will come. By that point you're too busy fighting off the oncoming storm to actually accomplish what you wanted to do. It detracts from the game.

This game has actually made me very good at multitasking in this respect. Tether person to fuel depot, detonate fuel depot. Stick 2 people together, destroy something and then kill them. It goes on.
    Originally Posted by Kegan
    ZOMBIE GAMERS ATE MY NEIGHBORS.

Or some roadside car that kept you out of sight.
    If you drive through check point and being spotted, this won't work.
    It's harder with helicopter at tail, so get rid of it as soon as possible.
    (I'm on hardcore mode, so should be easy with you.)

I haven't do any faction mission yet, so that might encourage me to do so.

Another idea should be to bring the heat level down to zero when you're not do any mayhem for a while. So that it "restart" every time your escaping the enemy...

But I don't really know, haven't played the full game yet (haven't recieved my pre-order yet)

I'm on hardcore, as well. I find myself getting blasted to hell all the time and just have to make an escape... but, hey.. I'd rather it be like this than just me showing up and completing settlements with ease. We do need a challenge.

Be grateful it's not like assassins creed 1. Just look at a guy the wrong way and they flip and start stabbing and whipping rocks

Originally Posted by NovaSilisko
    This game has actually made me very good at multitasking in this respect. Tether person to fuel depot, detonate fuel depot. Stick 2 people together, destroy something and then kill them. It goes on.

A challenge is good and all, but when the Heat gets a little too "hot" then just dive for the nearest body of water, it maks heat dissappear real fast like!

With so many games getting the 'way to easy' treatment these days I'm glad Just Cause 2 is hard and pissing people off, sorry I'm just a long time gamer and I like some challenge in my games.

Just use a little common sense , if a copter shows up ,point your grapple at it and take it over and use it against enemies.

The first enemy you kill pick up his weapon , the more likely you'll have a constant supply of ammo when killing them.

Use some basic flanking tactics and maneuvers, set up traps for enemies etc.

I thought like everyone else here that the heat was broken and just plain screwed

See on lvl2 helicopters dont even show up, unless you get in a helicopter. Thats how it works they just copy your moves and play you out like a brutal game of chess.

This is why you *THINK* the game is so hard. Remember whatever youre doing say running around onfeet causing chaos then youll see more onfoot soilders. This formula works the same for

Boats: You drive around in a boat with heat youll have lots of armed boats trying to kill you
    Helicopters: Same as above and when in helicopter theyll spawn alot faster then if on foot
    Cars/Bikes: military vehicles will come after you like crazy but thats the way its supposed to be
    Jets/Planes: If you have heat while flying in air jets will shoot you down

So what im saying is is this

the military will counter you and do the exact same thing but better justcause they have the soilders, equipment and vehicles to fckn destroy you.

The in-game tip for reducing heat: Shake off anybody that's chasing you, or kill them. Doesn't killing them bring in even MORE military?

I find the heat system bearable, but I have to say I find it stupid that if you walk into an army guy so that he stumbles, he'll start shooting you. In jc1 you could fire a gun and any nearby police would say “put your gun away Señor”

Originally Posted by TomZeStoopid
    I find the heat system bearable, but I have to say I find it stupid that if you walk into an army guy so that he stumbles, he'll start shooting you. In jc1 you could fire a gun and any nearby police would say “put your gun away Señor”
    There are no cops in JC2

I dont know what to call the guys wearing the red vest um reaper ripoffs? Or maybe panays private military force

Originally Posted by Rich949
    The in-game tip for reducing heat: Shake off anybody that's chasing you, or kill them. Doesn't killing them bring in even MORE military?
    That's exactly the problem. I like a challenge. I like a challenge that you can finish even more.