Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Square Enix releases 30$ language pack for the Japanese PC Version.

Thumbs Down Square Enix releases 30$ language pack for the Japanese PC Version.

Quoted from TRF;
    Square Enix removed the Japanese language support from the (western) Steam Version and is now selling it as a 30$ extra DLC to the Japanese people that bought it.

I don't believe this. They PATCHED IT OUT to sell it extra. Is THIS the new level of DLC? Patching a feature out and selling it later because they know some people are screwed without it?

Japanese people that bought the western version of Tomb Raider (with JP support on release) -due to the big difference in the release date or other reasons - are now screwed.

It doesnt affect me but,

GOOD GAME SQUARE ENIX

This is shameful, and quite a scandal. I lost faith in SE. This is the worst thing that happened in the "DLC era"
    Source (JPN)

Good job SE!
    Wth are you thinking??

WHAAAT !?

I can't believe it.
    I'm really scared.
    signature image

Quoted from TRF;
    The japanese retail copy has it already included. They removed it from the western version and let ppl pay for it. And there were alot of japanese ppl that bought the western version due to the insanely late JP release.
    This is so *Bad Word* ridiculous, I swear, that's like a full price game 5 years ago.

I had to check the date that it wasn't 1st April, seriously? That is terrible...SE is a Japanese company so why do that? It is so culturally insensitive too. Unbelievable.
    signature image

I really hope it's just some sort of technical fail going on
    If not, Damn!!

Is this true??? Please tell me...
    They are selling Language for 30$ as DLC... omg! Some things are much more clear now.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Rider View Post
    Is this true??? Please tell me...
    They are selling Language for 30$ as DLC... omg! Some things are much more clear now.
    It's true.

This is like most scandalous DLC thing EVER!

But i still can't believe it's true so lets wait...
    signature image

I know they wanted more money in...but...this is so not the way to do it
    signature image

This is bad.
    So bad I'm gonna cry.
    For real.
    No, not for real.
    But it is still really bad.

Shame on you, SE

This will end well... :/

Quote Originally Posted by DrCroft View Post
    I had to check the date that it wasn't 1st April, seriously? That is terrible...SE is a Japanese company so why do that? It is so culturally insensitive too. Unbelievable.
    Yeah, way to alienate your own people, SE!

Seriously, for a measly 12 euros I got the entire Mass Effect Citadel DLC, and you guys are asking $30 bucks for a single language localization that should have been free to begin with!?!

Very disheartening news, if it's true.

P.S. And I now realized they REMOVED the Japanese localization first! Shameless, really. I'm truly speechless.

Before ya'all start the wild speculations and get your pitchforks out, I would suggest waiting for an official response first.

I'll direct this to CD.

@OP: please do not sensationalize this by posting rage posts from other sites. We can do without that, thank you.

Edit: CD is looking into it. Closing this thread until we have official info.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

No official word yet, but I'll re-open it now.

Just please try to manage your rage/assumptions until there's an explanation from CD themselves, folks

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

They should act quick. It's on every gaming site and it's bad. This is something SE doesn't need at the moment! Not at all!
    signature image

Square Enix really are low.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    Square Enix really are low.
    But really!

My Google-fu gives me this:

Announcement on Square's Official Japanese Website

And the translation via Google translate

"Tomb Raider (TOMB RAIDER)" (compatible models: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 ®, Windows ®) to sell (Thursday) was decided on April 25 at Steam the "Japanese Language Pack" of.Tomb Raider "Japanese Language Pack" is a downloadable content that can be enjoyed audio / subtitle Japanese the "Tomb Raider" was purchased in Europe and the United States version of Steam.Tomb Raider "Japanese Language Pack"$ 30 Price: delivery※ will not work by itself this downloadable content. Body "Tomb Raider" Western version is required to get played on audio / subtitle Japanese.In addition, those who purchased the "Japanese Language Pack" for one week (Thursday), and the map "Shanty Town" Tomb Raider multiplayer add-on May 2 (Thu) - 25th April to celebrate the launch will receive a set of "HITMAN ABSOLUTION Weapon Pack2" weapon for multiplayer (three arms package appeared to HITMAN ABSOLUTION of "JAGD P22G" "M590 12ga" "STG 58 Elite" is now set). Please take this opportunity to ask.In addition, the Windows version of the package is available for purchase at the SQUARE ENIX E-Store.

To be absolutely honest, I didn't believe it could be true. I know that plenty of companies do engage in gamer abuse via 'Disk Locked Content' and utterly gratuitous DLC at ridiculous prices, but SE, to my knowledge, were not among the worst (Although 'From The Ashes' DLC should be recalled, here, by TR fans...).

Well. I could tell you with my opinion on charging $30 for a language pack that would be free on other editions and requires zero extra work by the company anyway, but I think that kind of thing already speaks for itself far more eloquently than I ever could...
    signature image

I just heard that ubisoft just released a World-wide Language option for ACIII for free.
    Yeah, ubisoft did it.

What is most bizarre thing for me? It is the fact that it WAS there in the game and than it was removed with the patch and now they are selling it for 30$! Really SE?? Really?
    signature image

They need money, but whatever, the multiplayer was a really bad idea.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by FearEffect View Post
    They need money, but whatever, the multiplayer was a really bad idea.
    What does Multiplayer have to do with this, though?
    signature image

I really hope SE recalls this terrible decision. I have no doubt that it's making people avoid TR and that's a shame.
    Humanity is not a species or a race, it is a STATE OF MIND.

Quote Originally Posted by FearEffect View Post
    They need money,
    And they thought alienating their loyal customer base was the way to go about it?!

Maybe I got the whole 'bean counter' thingy figured backwards, all this time, and it is really MY 'ridiculously high expectations' of SE that need adjusting.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast