Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Air Propulsion gun thread

Air Propulsion gun thread

Air Propulsion gun thread

In the second DLC pack we get to go nuts with the Air Propulsion gun! I think we will have a lot of fun with this thing, that's why I decided to dedicate a thread to it. As of now we will use it to speculate about it, later on we will put videos in it of us hairdrying aircraft etc.

One thing that bugs me though, is how will the ammo work? I mean, it works on air. It would be a real pain if you would have to rebuy the gun if it ran out of ammo. (probably because you can't find the unique ammo anywhere)

So I was hoping for either unlimited ammo for this one, or that the gun recharges when you travel (on each x steps/meters you will get x ammo for the gun)

What are your hopes for this gun right now? I think I will use it whenever I have to get away quick because of low health, and this will help me getting the time to flee Or, whenever I chase an airplane in mid-air and decide to stunt-jump onto my plane, using it to crash the airplane into a building or mountain

i want it to be able to be used like the rocket things on the jetpack but on foot lol, jump on the top of it and fly around panau

lol maybe if you shoot it at the ground it will send you flying? Juggling an enemy will have a very new dimension now you can keep him in the air forever

As far as ammo is concerned, I have the feeling it will have a set recharge time between bursts, but no actualy ammo.

Yeah, cant wait for this one!

Originally Posted by ChiroVette
    As far as ammo is concerned, I have the feeling it will have a set recharge time between bursts, but no actualy ammo.
    That would be sooo sweet. Then you wouldn't have to reload every time with the BM. And it is also a better idea than the travelling thing I thought of It would be really expensive though, such a gun.

I can only imagine hanging from my helicopter and blowing away other helicopters, seeing them crash into the ground.

Omg no need to buy ammo!! This is going to be my new favorite gun.

Of course, don't be surprised if we have to RE PURCHASE the weapon every time we die or reload. <eyeroll>

Of course, don't be surprised if we have to RE PURCHASE the weapon every time we die or reload. <eyeroll>
    Noooo!!!! Don't speak of such evil.

lol Carbon, I don't have to. Just look at the history of the (and I mean no offense by this) cheapskate philosophy of the developers in this game:

1. You cannot buy ammo, but have to buy the entire weapon over and over again to fill up.

2. You cannot store ANY vehicles you purchase in some sort of a garage system, making you have to blow insane amounts of money over and over again on vehicles that will last 5 to 10 minutes if you're lucky!

3. When you buy the thrusters, you cannot turn your game off, die, or reload the save without having to buy them AGAIN.

4. They cap the ammo in a freaking SANDBOX GAME at absurdly anemic numbers AND they only allow you to hold, AT MOST three weapons at once, not counting grenades!

Now I can't speak for anyone else in the forum, but would it really be a such a shocker to have to buy this gun every time you want to stop playing, shut off your console, reload your save, or die?

I'm counting on it being a temperature bar similar to the rocket thrusters. I seriously can't foresee it requiring ammo, since air is plentiful. Besides, the developers have been hyping this gun for a while, saying they didn't want to release it right away because it'd make the game too easy. If it had the handicap of ammo, there'd be no point to waiting this long.

Yeah, heat or "air re-fill time" is what I was thinking as well. Either way, I would expect some kind of refractory period regardless of how they implement it.

Now I can't speak for anyone else in the forum, but would it really be a such a shocker to have to buy this gun every time you want to stop playing, shut off your console, reload your save, or die?
    Well, currently multi-lock missile launcher doesn't get removed after quitting/death. Seeing that an air propulsion gun would be more similar to the launcher in terms of game mechanic, I think you will possess it until you choose to drop it.

Good point. I think you are correct when you put it that way.

so im guessing it's gonna be $50,000 too? hopefully they heard the moaning about the prices and decided to put it on sale. as of now i am almost broke and can't afford many more 50,000 dollar purchases.

Bush Wookie, if you need cash, find an easy race to play over and over again a few dozen times for 20 grand a shot! In addition, start taking over settlements and getting them to 100%. You will get tons of money for your chaos items destroyed, your resource items collected, as well as finding all the faction items.

at the very end i use the hand held version.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/allenrb2

Originally Posted by Buzz_Kill

at the very end i use the hand held version.
    is this 4 real or some modded stuff?
    Joey Cause is my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeyCause
    low flyer record: 93seconds

Originally Posted by JoeyTR
    is this 4 real or some modded stuff?
    Modded stuff, as you can see he's not actually holding the gun. And I think the air propulsion gun is two handed? (it's as big as a bazooka..)

yeah i thought the unlimited ammo was too good to be true

Originally Posted by JoeyTR
    yeah i thought the unlimited ammo was too good to be true
    We don't know yet... I hope we get to see gameplay vids of it in action? In the trailer you can't see the weapon ammo wheel so...

The vid you saw was modded, so it's not the real propulsion gun.

looking forward to it nonetheless, but i don't want to have to worry about ammo any more !

The Air Propulsion Gun will probably have no ammo, have a steep cost, but still will be k00L and 'EFFIN OWSUM on massivley epic proportions lol!
    signature image

I would laugh if it just blew a little puff that just moved some dust about 3 inches.

Originally Posted by xI Jakk Ix
    I would laugh if it just blew a little puff that just moved some dust about 3 inches.
    lol luckily it's not.

I HAZ PROOF! I WATCHED THE NEW EXCLUSIVE DLC TRAILER! roflmao.
    signature image

Page 1 of 3 123 Last