Thread: Raziel in BO1 ???

Question Raziel in BO1 ???

whoever played BO1 must have heard this line said by kain:

"The tapestries wove a tale of chaos ignited, an orgy of fire and pain. Undead beings, with rotted skins caked with sulfur and ash, beckoned at me through a burning abyss. Their tortured stares were a testemonial to the price of weakness.

Their fate would not find me. Yet blood calls to blood."

I think these lines are very close to describing raziel, after all he has been burned to dissolution in the abyss

Well, back in 1994-1996 when Blood Omen was being developed, Soul Reaver wasn't even a glimmer in anybodies eye...

Raziel was not designed by the same team as BO1

If I recall correctly, SR1 wasn't even a LOK title originally...
    If it doesn't hurt you're not doing it properly

Wasn't it Pillars of Nogoth?

Or am I getting confused with BO?

yes the original nane of BO1 was Pillars Of Nosgoth

And the original name for Soul Reaver was Shifter I think.

Exclamation Blood omen 1 remake

I have been a fan of legacy of kain from the start maby not as hardcore as most
    on here but never the less a devoted fan...My question is "With the ps3 comming out next year would the fans like to see a remake of the first Blood Omen psx game"? no one will talk about the would be Blood Omen 3 or Soul Reaver 4 so maby this is something to talk about in the mean time. It would be sweet idea non the less. You could put an old copy of the first blood omen game in with the new "would be ps3 update".
    Somthing that I think that its worth looking into. A 2 disk set that way the
    newer and older fans could get a non-scrached copy of Blood Omen1 and BO2 Its so hard to find BO1 anymore...Fuse

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse
    With the ps3 comming out next year would the fans like to see a remake of the first Blood Omen psx game?
    of course we would. that idea has likely been discussed as much as the next lok game. a better question (though again, discussed as much) might be, "would the fans rather see a remake of bo1 or another installment in the series?"

personally, id like to see ANYTHING that says eidos hasnt discarded the lok series completely.
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...signature1.jpg
    "We are now at terror alert level orange; which means something could go down somewhere, in some way, at some point in time, SO LOOK SHARP!"
    -Stan Smith, American Dad

Lightbulb

Both In a two disk set after the next BO3 the remake of blood omen 1 and also the og as part of the set...well that just an Idea. I don't know what they have talked about but its good to know that they at least talked about it. Maby in good time. The old and the new fans would love it. or on a just one disk. eather way it would sell good.

Fuse

Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Well, back in 1994-1996 when Blood Omen was being developed, Soul Reaver wasn't even a glimmer in anybodies eye...
    Actually I didn't mean to say that this referred to raziel, what I meant to say is that maybe when they started making SR they used the description of the tapestries in blood omen to think up raziel's wraith form

A very interesting idea. I never had heard of the inspiration for SR1, that could have very well played a role in it. Does anyone know the origins?

Oh, and @ Fuse: The subject of a remake has been brought up many a time my friend, unfortunately the only news that we have is that currently there are no plans for a remake of ANY of the games for ANY system. At least that's the last I've heard.
    Help out with the effort for a new Legacy of Kain game! (list updated on December 6th)
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...74#post1270474

Actually it seems to me that Raziel and his whole ordeal was influenced by HP Lovecraft. After all, the Elder God resembles Cthulhu, Rahab reminds me of the pictures I have seen of Dagon, as do the Sloth creatures in the Spectral Realm (not of Dagon, but of other HP creatures).

"The tapestries wove a tale of chaos ignited, an orgy of fire and pain. Undead beings, with rotted skins caked with sulfur and ash, beckoned at me through a burning abyss. Their tortured stares were a testemonial to the price of weakness."

don't any of these words ring a bell.

and if you do remember well in SR raziel said "I was to suffer the fate of traitors and weaklings and burn forever in the bowls of the lake of the dead"

or maybe kain just liked the idea of the tapestries so he used the same idea on the weaklings of his empire.

Quote Originally Posted by The DarkOne

or maybe kain just liked the idea of the tapestries so he used the same idea on the weaklings of his empire.
    Bingo. I like to think that Kain is either creative or has a sick sense of humor..... Actually I like to believe that Kain has a sick sense of humor.
    http://smokestock.deviantart.com | http://www.fanfiction.net/u/589342/ | http://smoke-z.deviantart.com

"It's like Shakespeare with pointless murder." -gryps incedio talking about the LOK games.

I tend to think it's both
    Help out with the effort for a new Legacy of Kain game! (list updated on December 6th)
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...74#post1270474

Big Grin Razial's Offspring Story After Razial Got Tossed In The Lake Of The Dead

It is very possile that Razial's Offspring thought all had been distroyed, I think that they used time travel to get out of the problem they were is and that is kain comming to kill them.---------->
    ==========================================================

Razial's Offspring #1, (may have said this) " quickly kain is comming to kill us, gather as may clan as you can." Razial's Offspring #2 (may have said this) But were are we going to go, we have nothing here." Razial's Offspring #1, (may have said this) "I know, you must be strong with razial dead we have no hope. Our only hope lie's in time. Quickly, every one please listen up. We are going to leave this place and find a new home. Razial's Offspring #3, (may have said this) Malkem, kain is comming here, our scouts say that he is going to attack us just as razial had thought...Sire we must leave now! Razial's Offspring #1, (may have said this) Don't worrie I have a plan, Were going back in time to a place before the vampire wars, mobius's keep has the only t time streamer left after kain messed up things. That is were we need to be, leave everthing behind.Tonight we move. Razial's Offspring #3, (may have said this) We have a spy that has the power to open mobius's keep. He is part of dumar's clan, I saved his life back when were mortal severing in mobius's army, we can trust him. Damin, are you ready to help us? (dumar's clan leader) Yes, after kain never helping my father dumar, defend his clan. I was going to kill kain. He was to strong, allways hiding behind that damned soul reaver. I vowed to get him back, so yes I will help you. He will never think it was me. After you leave I'm going to try and kill him. Razial's Offspring #1, (may have said this) Ok,then tonight we are going to mobius's keep. (Night falls and there plan is set) Razial's Offspring #1, (may have said this) Its time, lets get to the keep before kain rises. (At the gate of mobius's keep (the leader of dumar's clan uses his constrict power and the gate open's. They use there powers togather to open a portal to "before the vampire wars and another story begins... That's the way I see razial's clan, 1 day after razial got tossed in the the lake of the dead. Hope you liked it. Fuse

How would they know how to work the time streaming thingy?

And the others, I like kains sense of humour. Its suits him.

Big Grin Good Questions

Quote Originally Posted by dumah's wraith
    How would they know how to work the time streaming thingy?

And the others, I like kains sense of humour. Its suits him.
    Of corse kain would not be kain wilthout his sense of humour, That's just part of the legacy of kain. Just like kain in LOKBO he had to learn how to use the time streaming device not thingy. So I know that is safe to say that they allready know how to use the time streaming device. If they can use there warp gates like in loksr then ya they know how to use it. That was a no brainer. But good question, thanks for asking me that. Most people don't like to see that kind of details in video games. (that's the very reson why people in this day and age will never see time travel because for there lack of respect for histoy and the time stream.)

I wouldn't time travel if I could. I might pass on some disease the era couldn't defend against.

I get the impression dumah was still alive after raz's clan was wiped out. He threw raz into the abyss, and kain wouldn't delay after that in case they started a rebellion.

Raz couldn't use it in sr2[or change the setting, at least]

Quote Originally Posted by dumah's wraith
    I wouldn't time travel if I could. I might pass on some disease the era couldn't defend against.
    I remember reading a short story by Alfred Bester that was all about that sort of thing, and how time travel would have all sorts of problems like that. I can't remember the title though right now, but the story itself really stuck in my mind because of how funny and true it was.

Cool Die or time travel

I see your point about passing on some disease but they don't have any say for one and that's being a vampire. As far as I know the DNA strand has 26 base pairs. A if you were still human and meet kain then he might have 27 or even 28 base pairs. Its a mutation. For say the Idea of the first spiderman movie, all that takes to change him is a bite on his rist from a super spider. The 27th is not found in the human dna. So that would be part of the reson for the passing on of the vampire with bitting or the drinking of the blood witch in turn contans the possible 27th base pairs to turn or rather mutate you into a vampire. You could make a vampire in lab using a human subject. But you don't need to know the possibltes now or ever. Cloning is bad enough. Anyway like I was saying before, If your born human then a vampire will come and take you under his wing like for say in queen of the damned. The point is would you rather die or use the what you have at your disposal witch is time travel. If I were a vampire I would learn eveything about it that I could and get the hell out of there. Your a vampire per say, you will live forever your heal all most at the same time of your wound. So you'll have all the time in the world to learn about it. If you have to, kissing up to your lord will show you that he can teach you how to do anything that he knows. After all he made you and as a father he will love you. So yes for the last time they could learn how to time travel. As for others thinking he is a god yes maby the small minded with nothing left to live for. Small question big answers. Good questions guys!!!

If your really into becoming a vampire here are some links to get you started.
    I'm not a real vampire jusr looking to become one with the possilby's of science:

http://www.mc.uky.edu/biochemistry/Courses/bch812/2003/lectures/w_Lecture_31.pdf#search='Dna%2027%20base%20pairs'

http://vampires.monstrous.com/vampire_origins.htm