Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Lara Voice Actor

Best Lara Voice Actor

Who do you think Voiced Lara the best out of the series. Or who is your favorite.

Tomb Raider 1 = Shelley Blond

Tomb Raider 2 & 3 = Judith Gibbins

Tomb Raider 4, 5 & 6 = Jonell Elliot

Tomb Raider 7 Legend = Keeley Hawes

My favorite is Jonnel Elliot. Second favorite is Keeley Hawes. I prefer Jonnel to Keeley because she didnt have the sometimes annoying, upper class English accent like Keeley. I liked the fact Jonnel had more of an attitude to her voice unlike the others. Judith Gibbins used to be my favorite but she has a more mature sounding voice. She'd be great to voice an older Lara. Maybe her mother in legend 2.

What do u guys think?

I'm tempted to say judith but keely sounds so mature and strict and convincing when she shouts, so keely is the best voice imo.

Smile

Judith. she sounds mature, classy, sarcastic, her voice is just beautiful. she perfectly fits.
    Keeley is 2nd, for similar reasons (and also because her VA's remind me a little of Judith's).

I was never fond of Judith. As Phlip said, she sounded too old and strict. There was no spark to her personality when she spoke. (Sure, Lara still kicked absolute ass at the time).

Keeley is fine, she raised my confidence with her harshness at the end of legend.

Shelley I feel the same about. She was cool, she had a good tone of voice.

Jonell was always my favourite though. Really sexy voice. Cool, sarcastic, tough, sweet, it was all there.

Gotta go with joint Judith and Keeley.

beccaxx

Keeley Hawes is the best.
    I like her voice very much.

even tho lara is posh, judith sounded waaaaayyyy to posh

> Tomb Raider 7 Legend = Keeley Hawes

It's a tie at first with Jonell Elliot and Keeley Hawes for me.

mine is definatly judith gibbons, she made lara seem....so proffessional...it was awsome, gave a real god feeling to TR2 + 3. and plus she was in the 1970s grange hill,

my least favroite would have to be jonnel, since she was far to abusive in TR AOD, and was to mysterious....

TR7 lara voice actress was cool, but too posh, so overall judith was the best. since shelly was too common sounding,
    " I'm Doctor Willard, I came to converse with Tony myself, but i saw that you were doing a more critical job, and i am inspired! I would like to offer you other work."

i like the newest one

In the Angle Of darkness i hated her voice!!IT WAS SOOO ANOYING!!!
    But yes I like Jonnel Elliot.I aggree with everything you said.
    Lara Lady

My favorite is Jonnel Elliot. Second favorite is Keeley Hawes. I prefer Jonnel to Keeley because she didnt have the sometimes annoying, upper class English accent like Keeley. I liked the fact Jonnel had more of an attitude to her voice unlike the others. Judith Gibbins used to be my favorite but she has a more mature sounding voice. She'd be great to voice an older Lara. Maybe her mother in legend 2.

What do u guys think?[/QUOTE]

Thumbs Down Opps!!

Sorry i got the names messed up.I like Keeley because her voice is clear,not anoying,and it was spunky sometimes.She also used alot of expression .Elliot is my 2ed.And yes Gibbson could of been Older Lara or The mother.Most likely the mother because it almost seem lara never ages.

Lara Lady

I liked Judith Gibbons voice best.

All the voice actors have been great, but l preferred Keeley because she did have a posh accent. Lara Croft is meant to be an aristocrat and a lady, good as Jonell's voice acting was she had a common London accent which Lara Croft would never have

It's a tie between Jonell and Keely for me. Keeley was GREAT during the final scene in Legend. For that alone, she deserves to win. Jonell did a very good too, but didn't have a stand out scene like Keeley's.
    Never much liked Lara's voice in the first three games.
    This signature has been banned by the department of health.

Keeley Hawes any day. She was amazing.. All the time! Every scean was perfection. She brang so much life to Lara. It was if you were right next to her and talking with her. After awhile I tried speaking like her!

Thumbs Up

I've actually changed my mind. I prefer Jonelle Elliot. But only when she did AOD because it changed slightly then, I find it such a pleasure hearing her voice. And it's got a... 'Don't mess me about' feel to it. And it's not too posh

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb_Gamer View Post
    Who do you think Voiced Lara the best out of the series. Or who is your favorite.

Tomb Raider 1 = Shelley Blond

Tomb Raider 2 & 3 = Judith Gibbins

Tomb Raider 4, 5 & 6 = Jonell Elliot

Tomb Raider 7 Legend = Keeley Hawes
    Anybody starting to see some revolving pattern?

Each voice actress stays on one game longer than the last (Not counting Keeley - she hasn't been around long enough, but she'll probably go after TR9)
    "I'm a gamer, I don't have to get a life - I have many lives!"

I love Keeley Hawes. Her voice sounded elegant yet tough when it had to be. She projected emotion flawlessly especially at the end of the game where Lara was screaming at Amanda. That gave me chills.
    "Well, this is a Tomb. I'll make them feel at home." -Lara

Jonell Elliot. she had a persuasive, charismatic and subtle voice. i think she is the best, and she's my personal favourite

Seems like I am the only one who likes Shelley Blond the best (closely followed by Keeley)

Keeley Hawes

Followed by Judith Gibbins
    The O.S.C.C. Are you in?

Jonell Elliot or Judith blonde. Not sure yet, i still love when judith says:
    "not without the heart of the opperation."
    But Jonell rocked too, its a tie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast