Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Preorder at DeusEx.com now online!

Preorder at DeusEx.com now online!

Preorder at DeusEx.com now online!

http://deusex.com/preorder.php

The home page was updated with the new trailer and preorder options!

Get to work fellas.

We have yet to see a single second of game play from any videos. I'll consider pre-ordering when that happens.

Originally Posted by Rodik
    http://deusex.com/preorder.php

The home page was updated with the new trailer and preorder options!

Get to work fellas.
    The link doesn't work though.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by MyImmortal
    The link doesn't work though.
    Odd, it WAS working a few minutes ago. Looks like they took it down for some reason.

That would explain it, thank you.
    signature image

Originally Posted by MyImmortal
    That would explain it, thank you.
    And now it is working again.

You can pre order from your favorite store by just visiting it online.

Originally Posted by MechBFP
    And now it is working again.
    Hehe, just bad timing on my part it seems...
    Thank you.
    signature image

We have yet to see a single second of game play from any videos. I'll consider pre-ordering when that happens.
    At least it's not as bad as the COD Black ops, they released one teaser trailer and then put it up for preorder on the same day.

(click image to enlarge)

I was hoping to see a gamecover, too bad.

this

also lol @ pre-ordering a game almost a year away. i'm excited for the game, but lets be realistic people.

Arrow Pre-order now

There is NO way i am going to pre-order a game if i do not know what it looks like....

You can throw all the fancy square enix cg movies you can muster, at my face, and it wont sell the game to me. I find it embarrassing that gameplay footage has not been publicly released yet, and already i am being asked to preorder.. This insults my intelligence

If you look at the way blizzard advertised their upcoming game Starcraft II you'll notice they realised the importance of gameplay, and released a large amount of footage, long before their cinematic trailer was released... Eidos aren't exactly a new company, and should know that none of this amazing storyline of the cg movies will mean anything, if the game handles like a pregnant whale... Particularly because this game is being made cross platform, and the the last time this was done horribly, ie: Dead space...

Blizzard in their infinite wisdom kept SCII secret until they had a working game to show. Devil knows how, and I suspect he and some quantity of souls had to be involved in keeping it such.

I'm sure EM now has things to show us, but it seems that the decision to change certain things came after they released some initial info, and that screwed up their entire marketing plan. I think they originally wanted to start out by releasing some gameplay footage with the first serious bits of information.

But I am with you 100%. The CG animations are nothing but artwork based on the concept. It tells us absolutely nothing about the game. And so pre-ordering based on that alone is silly. I've seen some of the work they were doing on the game in the studio, and I still don't think I have enough information to go and make a pre-order. Though, I'm inclined to think that I will end up buying the game.

The nice thing about pre-orders in this electronic age is that you can make them 24 hours before release, and still be guaranteed a copy at the store. Or alternatively, go for electronic distribution and skip the middle man. So I do not particularly feel the need to "pre-order now to avoid disappointment." Just the opposite.

If EM releases a demo, and it is a good one, I would pre-order then. I hear pre-orders made in advance are good for the developers and publishers, so if they do something like this, I'd be inclined to reward it the best way I can.

I leave you with this alternative theory on Blizzard's success in keeping SCII development secret.

Originally Posted by Setsoru
    There is NO way i am going to pre-order a game if i do not know what it looks like....

You can throw all the fancy square enix cg movies you can muster, at my face, and it wont sell the game to me. I find it embarrassing that gameplay footage has not been publicly released yet, and already i am being asked to preorder.. This insults my intelligence
    Relax. This is not a conspiracy. Nobody is forcing you to pre-order, hehe.
    Anyway, the game won't be released until early 2011 so plenty of time yet to get to see gameplay footage - or perhaps even play a demo.
    signature image

By the way, i just saw that the links to the french eidos/square boutique and amazon.de are inverted on the preorder page.

I never saw the point of pre ordering....The only thing is bonus little gun or something but pre order this early?.....doesn't seem to have a point.
    1.Shenmue 3 2.Deus Ex 3

I always pre-order collectors editions, if it interests me.
    We have a thread to discuss the CE too: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=74437
    signature image

Mr. Rene, could you confirm the release date of DX:HR set on 2/28/2011.

Source
    http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human-...5895035&sr=1-1
    http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=77986

Insta buy for me
    Cogito ergo sum

Nah

I'm gonna wait a few months after release and buy it when people are reselling like-new copies it for 2 bucks

'Cause I'm just that kind of person
    "It would appear to be severe head trauma." ... "From what?"
    "Multiple Face-Palming..."

Originally Posted by nexus
    Mr. Rene, could you confirm the release date of DX:HR set on 2/28/2011.

Source
    http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human-...5895035&sr=1-1
    That's a Monday, and as games are generally released on Friday in the UK and (I believe) Tuesday in the US and Canada, I'd assume that date is just guesswork.

Pre-Order Ship Date 2/28/2011

I heard it will be bumped to the 29th.

Excellent find!!! 10 points for you.

This means that they want to sell it about a month before Japan's fiscal year ends. January should bring some amazing ads.

Heads up people. If you were planning on buying a console or PC wait in the US do it in November on Black Friday.
    Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you.

Now now don't get all excited that's not an official date and just an estimate by Gamestop. Don't be surprised if game gets pushed toward the late part of the first quarter or even summer.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last