Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PC Demo Impressions

Big Grin PC Demo Impressions

I didn't find topic to post it in, so I decided to start new one.

Those who finally got to play PC demo today or tonight what do you guys think about it? please share your opinion

here is what i think

wow, that was great! such nice graphics, puzzles, environment and music! It's absolutely perfect. I felt like I was playing TR 1 of new generation. Lara looks stunning, I like how her clothes and body gets wet and dirty. Game looks so realistic, I don't know how it can get any better. I thought Zip and Allister would bother her all the time but really they are good company, and I enjoyed listening to Lara speak. It took me a while to learn all the moves but once I did, I felt very comfortable. I adjusted some controls the way I like them. And on PC you can rotate camera all around Lara so it also can be good to see details of her costume. I wish there was grenades and other things, but I just really want to play full game. Such a tease was to see Croft Manor option in the menu but not to be able to visit it. I never doubted that it's going to be great but it's really amazing. I love it, thanks so much Eidos, Crystal Dynamics and Toby.

Beautiful!!!

It's so beautiful!!! I think i'm in love with this game!!

But... i have some problems...here we go:

The sound ..it's there..but with noises together...

Graphics: some backgrounds are wierd, when Lara passes throught , marks of her stays on the background...

My sound card is a Creative Live! 24bit and my videocard is a Geforce 6600GT

All settings to the maximum...

If somebody can help me, i'll be very happy

Can you try/use a "onboard sound card" option?
    Do-Not-Spam!
    Do-Not-E-Mail-Registry!
    But you may reply to this e-mail.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

you need to set your sound hardware acceleration options to low

Start- Settings- Control Panel- Sounds and Audio Devices- Speaker Settings- Advanced- Performance- Hardware Acceleration - None

about graphics: try turning on Anti Aliasing or turning off full screen effects

I also loved the pc demo but the gameplay changes needs you to play with a mouse wich ilm not use to its not like in olders tomb raider but ilm getting used to. The cool new moves are very good really feels like a new tomb raider cant wait for it realease.

no backflips?

On one hand its good they made her movement more realistic, but i think I am going miss back & side flips, esp while shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by rbfeik
    On one hand its good they made her movement more realistic, but i think I am going miss back & side flips, esp while shooting.
    she can still do them

I'm so jealous! I'm waiting for PS2. I'm really happy to hear that so many people are enjoying it, though. It makes me even more hopeful that this time I really won't be disappointed. I'd love it if I'm even impressed. Thanks for posting your positive experiences.

i love the pc demo i havent even finished it yet the graphics are awesome and lara looks so realistic. i can put the shadows,was affect,fullscreen effect etc on. what really makes the game run slow is putting the AA at 6x but thats with my video card.

her movements are easy to do and umm.... yeaanyway my specs are:

AMD SEMPRON 2400+

896MB OF RAM

RADEON 9600PRO 256MB

i was able to run the game just fine with those specs

omg it was amazing. just finished playing it and as you said it was like TR1 all over again, espec that puzzle at the end, i got an increadible buzz from finishing that. plus the option for manual targeting is really good. cd seem to have pulled out all the stops for this, i hope the full game is just as good all the way thru, and LOOOOOONG like tr1-4 was

all the new moves amazing, graphics amazing, new control system only took about 10 mins to get used to after all those years of ctrl + alt + space etc

2 little quibbles though, wasnt over keen on the depth of field, but i just turned that off, but the other one is that there's no sprint

the thing i'm most happy about, above all that^ is the return of her mansion! yay winston!!!!!

cant wait till friday tho

edit: btw, sys specs:

athlon fx53
    radeon x850

everything runs on maximum w/o any probs. plus it supports widescreen resolutions! yay!
    "Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them" - Dr. Seuss

Perfection!

Reminds me very much of Prince of Persia Sands of Time looks great and the controls are easy and it runs smooth.

did anyone else motice that the pc demo had a few different moves than the PS2 one? (the handstand is different and you can do the gymnast jumps on the pc but not ps2)

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Lara Croft
    you need to set your sound hardware acceleration options to low

Start- Settings- Control Panel- Sounds and Audio Devices- Speaker Settings- Advanced- Performance- Hardware Acceleration - None

about graphics: try turning on Anti Aliasing or turning off full screen effects

About the sound i'll try!!!

About the graphics, all this options are already turned on...

Thanks for your help!!!

I love this game!!!

Well... I almost cried when I played it because I could hardly move Lara and the graphics were rubbish. Think extremely jagged edges and rubbish detail.

Then I figured that you had to use the mouse, so I can now control her.

Then I found how to adjust the resolution, so now the game looks beautiful.

The controls take some getting used to, but I think it's quite good. I would prefer not using a mouse, but that would probably mean the whole grid thing again. And I'll miss the old system but it's OK.

One final thing... my computer isn't quite fast enough (CPU speed falls just short of recommended) so it's a little jerky, but fabulous nevertheless. Great work, CD.

Ok. I have tried the demo now. I have 2 complaints.
    1. My computer has crashed twice :S
    and 2. a big dissapointment for me...There is no blood why!?!?!?

Oh, and other than that...it's lovely

Backflips

Backflips =
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Lara Croft
    she can still do them
    when I try to jump backwards she turns and jumps

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by rbfeik
    Backflips =

when I try to jump backwards she turns and jumps
    In the PS2 demo, she will only do back and side flips if you have guns drawn. I think the 'guns drawn' part is what LLC means.

Demo

I have played the demo on my PC even though I have never played PC games before; only PS and PS2. I think that's why I find the controls so frustrating! It did give me a twinge of nostalgia though, and I think CD have kept their promise about returning to the original. I love the originality of the puzzles and how the environment is so interactive. I don't like the way the camera is locked behind Lara whenever she draws her guns. Other than that, a very good game! Can't wait for the high-res upgrade... oooh yeah! Shadows and amazing textures here we come!

I am finding the controls difficult, I am really not a fan of the movement directions depending on the camera cause it is so relative. And it doesn't really work unless its an FPS anyway. I wonder if we will be able to turn that off. Hopefully.

the demo didnt work on my computer. it met all the requirements for the game except one. i was so mad but i'm not anymore because i read theres going to be an Xbox 360 Demo.

Well, I'm gonna start off by saying im definetly not a pc gamer lol. And i dont know anything about my comps stauts and other things. but i downloaded the demo in hopes that it would work. and y'know what it did, and it looked pretty damn good. like ps2 graphics. so i was extremely happy. Like i said im not a pc gamer so the controls were a lill abnormal for me to get use to, but i did and i was having lots of fun. the demo is really really great~~ lara controls so smoothly and everything about it is just great. altho the swimming ocntrols where a little weird >___< the combat was fun =)) i will be getting it for the 360 tho. i hope everyone has fun playing the demo~~~ and yeah a 360 should come out sometim this week mon-fri, i think so anyway!

I am playing the demo at all maxed out...widescreen 1920 by 1200 res and it looks beautiful. I love sm 3.0 and the new wet lara ///I always purposely get her wet ...she's damn hot.

btw...yeah I have a dell inspiron 9300 with a geforce 6800 go in it.
    -sig pending

Quote Originally Posted by L Croft
    I am finding the controls difficult, I am really not a fan of the movement directions depending on the camera cause it is so relative. And it doesn't really work unless its an FPS anyway. I wonder if we will be able to turn that off. Hopefully.

Well as a PC gamer only I would say the controls are great, If you played any of the 3 Prince of Persia games you will find it very much the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast