Thread: Hitman: Frustrations. Letter from a very Disappointed Fan. (Small spoilers)

Hitman: Frustrations. Letter from a very Disappointed Fan. (Small spoilers)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    19

    Hitman: Frustrations. Letter from a very Disappointed Fan. (Small spoilers)

    I want to love this game, but I simply can't.

    Hey IO-Interactive. Here is a letter from a very much invested fan of the franchise:

    A few elements of this game have led me to think, that you didn't even try but just looked at other modern games and copied the aspects of them.

    We have Instinct which combines:
    • Batman: Arkham Asylum's looking through walls.
    • Red Dead Redemptions "Draw!" mini-game now as shoot-fast mechanic.
    • Quick Time Events in form of Melee Combat System.

    The instinct mechanic should have been something optional or at the very least something you can play the game without. If you play anything higher than Normal, the game turns from Hitman: Absolution into Hitman: Frustrations. The game doesn't become more challenging, just frustrating and tedious. You can really feel how the game is designed entirely around this one concept when you don't have any more left to use at critical points where you really need it.

    That's the Instinct Problem. Then there is the disguise problem.
    If we take a look at your first 15 minutes of gameplay video underneath. If we go 12 minutes in, we'll notice how the Disguise mechanic SHOULD have been in the final game. You can wear a police disguise and fool most policemen. You can't fool higher standing officers, which makes sense and that is where you use Instinct.


    Now Compare that to this video underneath that I made to prove my disguise point:


    I tried to replicate this the first time I played and go "Man, I can hide in plain sight!" and what happens? As soon as the helicopter as much as see a pixel of me, it gets suspicious and then it starts shooting telling EVERYONE ELSE that I am the killer. This was on Hard. Then I changed to Normal. Exact same deal. Disguises are close to useless! They give you only a second or two more before they become suspicious of you which is bull compared to that video, and Streets of Hope as well.

    The first good portion of the game, you spend running from the police in Chinatown and what looks like Chicago Suburbs. That's not exactly what I remember from Hitman at all...where is the adventure? Where are the big open levels with freedom of choice as to how you want to approach your goal? Where are the actual levels that encourages you to explore?
    It's been replaced with Linear Progression, very limited ways of approaching your targets because detection is so broken and score attacks. Also, Mini-Games (when you have to win back your silverballers) have no place in a hitman game.

    A final note is, that while you've added a lot more ways to kill people, you've also made it a penalty to do so, completely draining the fun in killing people in this game. However, you've made it so hard to just subdue people and avoid penalties as well by not giving me a fist option to simply subdue people.

    Blood Money is still your finest game to date. I just want to imagine that Absolution didn't happen right now and then sit back again and hope for an actual 5th installment of the series rather than this mediocre linear shooter with broken stealth mechanics.

    EDIT:
    Included a video showing the Helicopter Scene done on EASY. I just made this video to prove my disguise point.

  2. #2
    Totally agree. They have thrown everything that made Blood Money so unique and wonderful and instead given us a load of re-hashed and badly executed mechanics from loads of other games.

    Instead of a worthy sequel to Blood Money, we have got Codename Splinter: Arkham 47 Creed Conviction.

  3. #3
    Disguises allows you to stay unnoticed form a further distance, it's not so you can stay right in the enemy's face. I played all game on Purist, and I promise you disguises ARE very well done, and you'll need them.

    (example. Blackwater Park)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    19
    Originally Posted by MathaesVD
    Disguises allows you to stay unnoticed form a further distance, it's not so you can stay right in the enemy's face. I played all game on Purist, and I promise you disguises ARE very well done, and you'll need them.

    (example. Blackwater Park)
    That's the worst example of them all. You know why? Because that's the ONLY PLACE where it works as in that video I show you here!

    Take the orphanage for example. All of the henchmen pretty much wears masks and if you take out a guy, you can take this disguise. Surly you'd think that it would give you a mask right? NOPE. No mask. You get instantly figured out and you have no way near enough instinct to make it through the guards to get all the fuses without being caught.

    If you did this completely unnoticed (Silent Assassin Style) then kudos to you. You must be born under a lucky star or you simply have a patience out of this world that none of the other games every required.

  5. #5
    you do realize that in that demo they are playing on easy right?

    Hence the 2 missing officers patrolling the second entrance.

    Disguise system is fine, you just have to be smart about how you progress through the level. It could be a little better I agree, but I don't think it's as broken as everyone makes it out to be. You just have to be patient and pick your spots. Don't try to rush through the levels. Listen to the instructional lady guiding you through the game.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    19
    Originally Posted by umadsadbadbro
    you do realize that in that demo they are playing on easy right?

    Hence the 2 missing officers patrolling the second entrance.

    Disguise system is fine, you just have to be smart about how you progress through the level. It could be a little better I agree, but I don't think it's as broken as everyone makes it out to be. You just have to be patient and pick your spots. Don't try to rush through the levels. Listen to the instructional lady guiding you through the game.
    Dude. This is response #5365156 telling me I am stupid, because I can't reason with their convoluted way of handling disguises.

    I tried this on easy. I tried to do the exact same on Easy as they did in the demo, just for comparison. It was NOT possible.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by vipar
    Dude. This is response #5365156 telling me I am stupid, because I can't reason with their convoluted way of handling disguises.

    I tried this on easy. I tried to do the exact same on Easy as they did in the demo, just for comparison. It was NOT possible.
    Really? I don't remember calling you stupid.

    But maybe I'm just crazy.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by MathaesVD
    I promise you disguises ARE very well done, and you'll need them.
    Rubbish. They are laughable.

    Why, in King of China Town can you steal the drug dealers clothes and then lure the King to his death. The King had spoken FACE TO FACE with the dealer not two minutes before i stole his clothes and went back.

    Stupid does not even begin to cover it.

    and you know what? I could forgive it if this is how the mechanics work...but they don't! We are told their new disguise system is more realistic because people will notice you are not one of them. But then in the same game, you can pretend to be someone who the target has already met!?

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Eptesicus
    Rubbish. They are laughable.

    Why, in King of China Town can you steal the drug dealers clothes and then lure the King to his death. The King had spoken FACE TO FACE with the dealer not two minutes before i stole his clothes and went back.

    Stupid does not even begin to cover it.

    and you know what? I could forgive it if this is how the mechanics work...but they don't! We are told their new disguise system is more realistic because people will notice you are not one of them. But then in the same game, you can pretend to be someone who the target has already met!?
    I agree. That was pretty ridiculous. That's why I killed him with the pallet of crates after he was done taking a leak.

    Other than that it works pretty well. I think it needs some tweaking, like maybe not EVERY NPC recognizes you're not one of them. Maybe randomly selected NPC's, or Just the Head NPC? IDK but I don't think it's totally broken, just needs some work.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Eptesicus
    Rubbish. They are laughable.

    Why, in King of China Town can you steal the drug dealers clothes and then lure the King to his death. The King had spoken FACE TO FACE with the dealer not two minutes before i stole his clothes and went back.

    Stupid does not even begin to cover it.

    and you know what? I could forgive it if this is how the mechanics work...but they don't! We are told their new disguise system is more realistic because people will notice you are not one of them. But then in the same game, you can pretend to be someone who the target has already met!?
    Yeah... This is such a bullshi*!

  11. #11
    I'm highly disappointed with the disguise system as well. They should patch it up and at the very least assign a "blend in" key that doesn't consume Instinct and doesn't slow time.
    IMO Absolution is a great game but i just can't stand certain things:

    • Whenever i kill someone that is somewhat close to someone else (3-9 feet away) they'll turn around as if they heard me? What's the point of a silencer or fiberwire then? If it's not taking down enemies silently WITHOUT having someone to spot you cuz' they have supersonic ears...
    • The lack of map can get you lost on certain maps. -Ex. i coulnd't find the apartment in Chinatown.
      (they said that they didn't want the god like map perspective, so intead they chose the superman vionic vision aka wallhack perspective? lol)
    • The current state of Stealth prevents you from exploring the world map.
    • The old inventory was fine, in fact i hate how you can't switch from dual to single wielding without pulling out your gun.
    • Score system discourages you to kill in certain ways, where's the fun in that? Now you'll feel like when you kill someone in certain way.
    • Contracts mode depend on IO I servers, i bet in 5 years-ish they'll no longer support contract mode servers, making half the game unplayable?


    Anyways this is what i can come up at the moment. I really wish for them to fix the disguise system, seriously IO I. You can still fix this. And please fix enemies hearing you kill someone nearby with a silencer,fiberwire,etc. I can't no longer kill without having one of them turn around because they heard me and its's hard as it is with the broken disguise/blend in bs.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    19
    Added a video to my main post, further proving my point.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8
    I'm also disappointed with disguise system since it's pretty useless.

    For example the ChinaTown
    When we disguise 47 as cop and stand in crowd of people other cops will still be able to recognise that Hitman is "fake cop " from far far away which is kinda ridiculous.

    I can understand that tall bald guy with bar code on his head can be suspicious let's say from 5m but to see him through cop disuise from far away is a bit strange.

    Also when we disguise ourself as SWAT member with mask and helmet that only 47 eyes are visible they are still able to see through disguise instantly.

    Basicly for the most part you can run with suit since it's safer option (eg chinatown ) and just play like batman hiding around the corners all the time.


    PS: Sorry for my English but it's not my native langague

  14. #14
    Not to mention, even if you're disguised ins't logical to assume that they wouldn't know who you are if you're turned and your barcode covered? (hat,helmet,bandage,etc). I understand they would know you're fake if they see your face but if they don't they shouldn't be able to tell from the back of your body

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    19
    The system is just flawed, and we have guys like Babyface Assassin defending said flawed system, because he can't accept the simple fact that the game has become way too tedious and frustrating, rather than challenging. Not only did they screw up a very simple formula that makes a Hitman game, but they also screwed up one of the most iconic mechanics of the franchise.

    How you manage to do that with such a solid concept is beyond me.

  16. #16
    I only hate it, to get a point deduction from subdue a civilian, because you need the disguise of him... i mean, he is only sleeping or he is only lying in coma, and i dont kill him, right ?
    Best Hitman: Absolution Review ever

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    19
    Have Eidos or IO actually reacted to any of the threads regarding the disguise system or any other threads that criticize the game? I haven't found anything.

  18. #18
    Few people from IOI reacted on hitmanforum few hours ago.

  19. #19
    imo, it borrows mechanics from both splinter cell conviction & assassins creed.

    its still a hitman game though. i like it. contracts especially.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    19
    Originally Posted by SonOfSparda
    Few people from IOI reacted on hitmanforum few hours ago.
    Link please?

  21. #21

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1
    This post more than annoys me. And it's not just the bad grammar. What vexes me about the youth today, especially young gamers, is that they think they're the . Nothing or nobody is ever going to be better than they ever will be. And if it's too hard for them, the game is broken or bugged. I'd like to take this opportunity to slap you across the face with the "Welcome to the real world"-trout. Not every game is supposed to be beatable by everyone on the hardest difficulty, and before you throw the "I was only playing it on hard not expert" excuse at me, might I add that hard difficulty might be just that. Hard. I've read so many complaints where people argue that because they can't do a mission on normal difficulty with the highest possible score the game is broken! I'd like to point out two things:
    • #1: You don't have to get Silent Assassin-rating to progress
      #2: And this might be the ballbreaking truth: You might just not be good enough to get the Silent Assassin-rating on every level

    Luckily for you "bads" out there, #2 is easily fixed by, oh yeah;
    • trial runs
    • failed attempts
    • more planning
    • frustration
    • ,


    But this won't cut it for badass, hardcore gamers like you right? Oh no sir! You need to breeze through the game on "extremely baddass asskicking hard". THEN, the game is awesome! But the second you're stuck, and for heavens sake on NORMAL DIFFICULTY!!??
    Herp derp! This game is broken! *fume*
    And I just have to add the weakest argument to date: "What I saw in the demo doesn't work in the real game". Then I suggest you go to youtube and watch videos of people actually putting in the time, effort, frustration, head-wallbanging failed attempts and just copy their moves because YOU are nothing but fakes which want everything handed to you on a silver platter. You actually think, and WANT, the developers to tell you how to beat the game? Seems pointless to me.

    I might have gone slightly off-topic seeing as this was a post about disguises "not working properly" so I'll do my part as well. Sure, I think some parts of the disguise system fail hard sometimes, and at its own convenience mostly, but that doesn't mean it's not doable if you try again, or try a different way. HanPL made some good points:
    Originally Posted by HanPL

    For example the ChinaTown
    When we disguise 47 as cop and stand in crowd of people other cops will still be able to recognise that Hitman is "fake cop " from far far away which is kinda ridiculous.

    Also when we disguise ourself as SWAT member with mask and helmet that only 47 eyes are visible they are still able to see through disguise instantly.
    The first one there, been there done that. Extremely annoying, but again not impossible. Hey, if you gotta start from the start to save on instinct, you have to.

    That last one though is complete BS and should be fixed. I can agree to that S.W.A.T. members are perceptive and all, but to memorize the physique of all squad members down to the last detail seems borderline superhuman.

    mrmadmadman made a list of arguments too, almost none of which I agree with. Let's take a look!
    Originally Posted by mrmadmadman
    • Whenever i kill someone that is somewhat close to someone else (3-9 feet away) they'll turn around as if they heard me? What's the point of a silencer or fiberwire then? If it's not taking down enemies silently WITHOUT having someone to spot you cuz' they have supersonic ears...
    • The lack of map can get you lost on certain maps. -Ex. i coulnd't find the apartment in Chinatown.
      (they said that they didn't want the god like map perspective, so intead they chose the superman vionic vision aka wallhack perspective? lol)
    • The current state of Stealth prevents you from exploring the world map.
    • The old inventory was fine, in fact i hate how you can't switch from dual to single wielding without pulling out your gun.
    • Score system discourages you to kill in certain ways, where's the fun in that? Now you'll feel like when you kill someone in certain way.
    • Contracts mode depend on IO I servers, i bet in 5 years-ish they'll no longer support contract mode servers, making half the game unplayable?
    First point comes down to a bit of realism. Sure it's frustrating in a game, but in real life if someone shoots someone in the face 3-9 feet away (91.44cm - 2.7m) you're gonna hear a noise, and you might wanna check it out if you're a paid security guard, or a nosy cat like myself. The knife and fiberwire issue can be debated, but if you know the enemy will be suspiscious at this range you might not have been supposed to go that particurlar route.

    The second point, regarding the map is to me without merit. Played Castlevania back in the day on the NES? If any game needed a map it's that one. I'm just saying it's not too hard finding your way around. It might take you a while, depending on your luck, gaming experience, perceptiveness, knowledge of your surroundings, but these are skills you apply to your everyday life isn't it? You don't go around with a GPS everday do you? Oh, wait you might due to phones being exceedingly cool and all, but the argument you make about the superman wallhack vision being too easy is paradoxal because you want the GPS map back, which made each map even easier.

    Third point, regarding exploration. This can go either way. I feel it's fine the way it is. It just require you to play through the game more than once to get the high score you were hoping for. Whether or not you should have to do multiple play throughs to do "everything" is a whole other argument enterily and it is completely objectional which means nobody can decide but yourself.

    Fourth point, about inventory. This is more of a "quality of life" issue than anything else. You can always back up to safety, do your thing, and sneak back. But yes! This is annoying me as well sometimes

    Fifth point, about kill techniques.I think this is the only point he makes where I completely agree with him. I LOVE using melee weapons, just LOVE it. A perfectly executed close combat kill is purer than art I'm telling you! But sometimes I just can't cause I've used the improvised weapons elsewhere and I'm forced to do a "dirty kill" even though nobody knew I was there. Herp derp.
    *cough* ehm

    Sixth, and last point comes down to playability! A wize man once said "All game should be able to stand on it's own through singleplayer only". Contracts being the closest to multiplayer any Hitman game has ever come I'd say this applies. And I personally don't need Contracts to make me happy with my purchase. Singleplayer is awesome! I'm enjoying every second, every minute, every dialogue, every KILL, and I don't need extra content, to be content.
    Now I bet ALOT of you bought the game mainly for the Contracts mode, but arguing that the servers they are stored in might not be there in 5 years, therefore the game is not as good as it should've been, is beyond ludacris.


    To those who have actually read my wall of text, kudos btw, might have come to the conclusion that my point is: You might not be as good as you think you are!!! So why don't you sit back, maybe reduce the difficulty if you're having trouble and enjoy the game the way you want to. If you don't want to proceed after having killed the entire strip club no matter how much you enjoyed it (not a personal referance at all), multiple times, then by all means re-load and try again. But oh, you say this might take you another hour of gameplay? I guess you're just gonna have to suck it up, or face my trout.

    Trout in your face.!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    19
    Congratulation Telsik! You've misunderstood this entire thread. Good job! That takes a special kind of person.

    Originally Posted by Telsik
    What vexes me about the youth today, especially young gamers, is that they think they're the . Nothing or nobody is ever going to be better than they ever will be. And if it's too hard for them, the game is broken or bugged.
    If that was aimed at me I'd like to know how old you are. I am 21. I don't see myself as old but I don't see myself as particularly young either.

    I've played games since I was 4 years old. I've been through all of the major consoles (notice major) like NES/SNES/Sega/PS1/N64. I know what a hardcore game is, and how a game of the past used to work. I do however, also draw the line between Challenge and Frustration. I do not expect hand-holding, I do not expect the game to play itself, I do not want to be told what to do. None of the previous games did this, so why do this one seem to do that?

    If it turns out that you are older than me, then let me retaliate: I really hate old farts who thinks complaining about the youth is still cool just because they can.

    Originally Posted by Telsik
    I'd like to take this opportunity to slap you across the face with the "Welcome to the real world"-trout. Not every game is supposed to be beatable by everyone on the hardest difficulty, and before you throw the "I was only playing it on hard not expert" excuse at me, might I add that hard difficulty might be just that. Hard.
    I came for a challenge, not a frustrating game. I've been awaiting this game as much as the next die-hard fan, but this game does not just add challenge. It adds frustration with systems that are half assed rather than polished.

    Originally Posted by Telsik
    I've read so many complaints where people argue that because they can't do a mission on normal difficulty with the highest possible score the game is broken!
    This is of course not good, and if that is the case I'd agree that the outcry is not justified. But so far all I see is that people can't cope with a broken system which I can understand.

    Originally Posted by Telsik
    I'd like to point out two things:
    • #1: You don't have to get Silent Assassin-rating to progress
      #2: And this might be the ballbreaking truth: You might just not be good enough to get the Silent Assassin-rating on every level

    Luckily for you "bads" out there, #2 is easily fixed by, oh yeah;
    Where in my thread did I say "I want SA on every level. If I can't it means the game is a broken piece of ."??

    Originally Posted by Telsik
    • trial runs
    • failed attempts
    • more planning
    • frustration
    • ,


    But this won't cut it for badass, hardcore gamers like you right? Oh no sir! You need to breeze through the game on "extremely baddass asskicking hard". THEN, the game is awesome! But the second you're stuck, and for heavens sake on NORMAL DIFFICULTY!!??
    You are just digging your own grave deeper. How am I supposed to take you seriously at all, when you can't even show proper respect in an argument? All you are doing is again spouting about self-proclaimed bad ass players that suck at video games. A stereotype that must be true for all young gamers. Get over yourself.

    Originally Posted by Telsik
    And I just have to add the weakest argument to date: "What I saw in the demo doesn't work in the real game".
    Do you know what Demo is short for? Demonstration. It was a Demonstration, and somehow they screwed up what ain't broke. Good job.

    Originally Posted by Telsik
    Then I suggest you go to youtube and watch videos of people actually putting in the time, effort, frustration, head-wallbanging failed attempts and just copy their moves because YOU are nothing but fakes which want everything handed to you on a silver platter. You actually think, and WANT, the developers to tell you how to beat the game? Seems pointless to me.
    They ARE telling you what to do though. This is like a Call of Duty campaign.
    • Avoid the Cops
    • Get out of this building
    • Kill this target (Finally a bit of Hitman?)
    • Leave the place


    It's like a laundry list of objectives you need to do in order to clear the game, when in the old games all they did was give you a *** target and a briefing. Good. ***. Luck.

    I understand that they can't give you briefings anymore since he is not with the agency, but even then the descriptions and stories behind those you have to kill are so limited and short that it might as well have been a common drug-dealer, gangsta or otherwise meaningless person!

    Originally Posted by Telsik
    I might have gone slightly off-topic seeing as this was a post about disguises "not working properly" so I'll do my part as well. Sure, I think some parts of the disguise system fail hard sometimes, and at its own convenience mostly, but that doesn't mean it's not doable if you try again, or try a different way.
    How many ways can you put on a disguise...?
    On some levels there are only 1 or 2 disguises. You might as well go with your suit and play it Splintercell: Conviction style because it's just about the same cover-mechanics and "stealth". No one said either that the game is unplayable or impossible. All that is said is that one of the most iconic features of 47's stealth arsenal have now been broken down, redone, and executed poorly compared to how it looks on the paper.

    Originally Posted by Telsik
    First point comes down to a bit of realism. Sure it's frustrating in a game, but in real life if someone shoots someone in the face 3-9 feet away (91.44cm - 2.7m) you're gonna hear a noise, and you might wanna check it out if you're a paid security guard, or a nosy cat like myself. The knife and fiberwire issue can be debated, but if you know the enemy will be suspiscious at this range you might not have been supposed to go that particurlar route.
    Yet you can push someone over the edge of a ledge and hear them scream, but the guy standing a few feets away can't hear this?! Try the Diana mission and push the guy over the ledge or even choke him. You can do it without the guy furthest away even noticing. It's so realistic at one place, but the realism falls flat on it's arse another? Like in the China Town when you wear the Dealers suit. The King of China Town know this guy personally, and now he suddenly can't see that the dealer is tall, bald and mean looking? Great realism I must say.

    Originally Posted by Telsik
    The second point, regarding the map is to me without merit. Played Castlevania back in the day on the NES? If any game needed a map it's that one. I'm just saying it's not too hard finding your way around. It might take you a while, depending on your luck, gaming experience, perceptiveness, knowledge of your surroundings, but these are skills you apply to your everyday life isn't it? You don't go around with a GPS everday do you? Oh, wait you might due to phones being exceedingly cool and all, but the argument you make about the superman wallhack vision being too easy is paradoxal because you want the GPS map back, which made each map even easier.
    The levels are so pathetically small now compared to previous games that a GPS or map is not needed anymore, agreed.

    Originally Posted by Telsik
    Third point, regarding exploration. This can go either way. I feel it's fine the way it is. It just require you to play through the game more than once to get the high score you were hoping for. Whether or not you should have to do multiple play throughs to do "everything" is a whole other argument enterily and it is completely objectional which means nobody can decide but yourself.
    Exploration was a big part of the previous hitman games (at least from Silent Assassin). In this game though, you are forced to run through these linear corridors and levels a lot which makes me feel like playing another Call of Duty campaign. I don't say all of the levels are like this, but many of them (especially at the start) are. Also, you mean it's subjective. Not Objective. Objectivity is when something is supported by facts, rather than feelings.

    Originally Posted by Telsik
    Fourth point, about inventory. This is more of a "quality of life" issue than anything else. You can always back up to safety, do your thing, and sneak back. But yes! This is annoying me as well sometimes
    The Inventory system is not really that bad or something to get up in a fit over of course. Personally I think the one from Blood Money was good, but eh.

    Originally Posted by Telsik
    Fifth point, about kill techniques.I think this is the only point he makes where I completely agree with him. I LOVE using melee weapons, just LOVE it. A perfectly executed close combat kill is purer than art I'm telling you! But sometimes I just can't cause I've used the improvised weapons elsewhere and I'm forced to do a "dirty kill" even though nobody knew I was there. Herp derp.
    *cough* ehm
    They should simply give you a fist option that makes subduing a target, something you can do by choice, rather than coincidence.

    Originally Posted by Telsik
    Sixth, and last point comes down to playability! A wize man once said "All game should be able to stand on it's own through singleplayer only". Contracts being the closest to multiplayer any Hitman game has ever come I'd say this applies. And I personally don't need Contracts to make me happy with my purchase. Singleplayer is awesome! I'm enjoying every second, every minute, every dialogue, every KILL, and I don't need extra content, to be content.
    Personally I don't care for the Contracts mode. It doesn't work half the time I hear people say, because it depends on the IO servers to work. It's just extra. I came for the Single Player Experience through the campaign.

    Originally Posted by Telsik
    Now I bet ALOT of you bought the game mainly for the Contracts mode, but arguing that the servers they are stored in might not be there in 5 years, therefore the game is not as good as it should've been, is beyond ludacris.
    Agreed.

    Originally Posted by Telsik
    To those who have actually read my wall of text, kudos btw, might have come to the conclusion that my point is: You might not be as good as you think you are!!! So why don't you sit back, maybe reduce the difficulty if you're having trouble and enjoy the game the way you want to. If you don't want to proceed after having killed the entire strip club no matter how much you enjoyed it (not a personal referance at all), multiple times, then by all means re-load and try again. But oh, you say this might take you another hour of gameplay? I guess you're just gonna have to suck it up, or face my trout.

    Trout in your face.!
    tl;dr version: Your view of the "Young Gamers" makes you look like an old *** even though you actually have the ability to discuss fairly sensible.

  24. #24
    Originally Posted by vipar
    Take the orphanage for example. All of the henchmen pretty much wears masks and if you take out a guy, you can take this disguise. Surly you'd think that it would give you a mask right? NOPE. No mask. You get instantly figured out and you have no way near enough instinct to make it through the guards to get all the fuses without being caught.
    Even the costumes where you DO get a full face mask it doesn't work

    Example; The penthouse. Drawing one of the assault guards away. The others see right through the black goggles and skimask...

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    The last few posts have been way too aggressive for my liking. Heated discussions are fine, but please keep it civilized and leave the personal jabs out of it, folks. I wouldn't like to have to start deleting posts.