Thread: The shotgun being the best weapon in single player had to be intentional.

The shotgun being the best weapon in single player had to be intentional.

The shotgun being the best weapon in single player had to be intentional.

There's no way they made the shotgun that awesome just by accident. The only problem with the shotguns are limited ammo- they have surprisingly good range and accuracy and can take down most enemies in one shot.

It's like they want you to use Lynch's trademark weapon instead of, say, the really crappy SMG.

I think it's a conspiracy.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

SMGs are really horrible in single player. On Extreme avoid SMGs like plague.

The shotguns are really good but wait till you get your hands on LMG...holy cow, that thing tears everything to shreds.

This seems to be true with most any weapon, but if you hipshot with the SMGs instead of aiming down the sights, you'll get more kills. The game seems to reward Lynch's style of running and gunning between cover.

SMGs are the weapon of choice to take down charging enemies. Just blind-spray your bullets around the corner and watch the attacker being turned into swiss cheese.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

I'm reminded of something Adam Sessler(of G4's X-play) said one time. He said, "A shooter can be made so much more fun with the introduction of a really good shotgun." He was right. A powerful shotgun with good sound and a good feel to it is always a welcome addition.

Originally Posted by TAPETRVE
    SMGs are the weapon of choice to take down charging enemies. Just blind-spray your bullets around the corner and watch the attacker being turned into swiss cheese.
    When I played on Extreme. SMGs were just as good as mosquito bites on the enemies. Whole clip to the head and they were down-but-not-dead.

I didn't experience that problem. Headshots usually took down every enemy at once - the bullet had to hit straight into the face, however. Grazing shots, especially to enemies wearing helmets, often resulted in nothing but a flinch.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

For headshots pistol worked perfectly while SMGs just strayed everywhere. But that's my experience. I had hard time during second level until I got a hold of a shotgun because the SMGs didn't do crap

Wink

The remington shotgun was already 'that' deadly since Dead Men , it's the franchise's trademark , so Obviously it was intentional ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Oh look who decided to show up.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Exclamation

This forum has gone to so bad i don't even know why i showed up ...

Wait , i'm not here anymore ...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.