Thread: golden shotgun doesn't work on centaurs

golden shotgun doesn't work on centaurs

I am so frustrated with the centaurs in the tomb of Tihocan. I have never been able to kill those centaurs. I finally downloaded a save game because of some of the bugs such as not being able to pick up the shield, etc. I do believe there is a bug with this part of the game though because now even though I have the golden shotgun for time trials I STILL can't kill the centaurs! I should be able to kill them with one shot.

I do want to say though that when I originally had trouble with this section I contacted Eidos and did get a reply that was helpful. Regardless, picking up the shield still doesn't work, and the one shot kill with the golden shotgun doesn't work either. I don't see how to complete the time trial at all since I can get through the whole thing without any errors that waste time but am still unable to kill those darn centaurs (even with a few minutes to try to do it in). If anyone has any advice on this it would be greatly appreciated.

I wish they would make a patch, but I suppose they won't.

Seafemme
    Seafemme is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

I'm not exactly sure what is the problem you're having, but I hope this video helps. I particularly never experienced any problems where Lara wouldn't pick up the shield.

Worst case scenario, I'd be happy to do this time trial for you. Just send your savegame my way and I'll get it back to you asap.

No offence Seafemme, but its unfair to dismiss your inexperience and/or limited skills as a bug or the fault of the game in any other way.

The centaurs, Torso and Natla are not affected by any gunfire at all, including the golden shotgun, untill of course you expose their weak spots.
    The T-rex is not completely bullet proof, therefore he does die after one golden shotgun shell.

You can only grab the shield when the centaur is pointing it at you. You probably already know that, but I thought I should post it, just in case..............

Cool Centaurs bugs

Actually, it has nothing to do with inexperience. I know how to do the adrenaline dodge and it works on the centaurs. What doesn't work is the grappling of the shield even when they are stunned and holding the handle of the shield toward Lara. I may not have been specific enough in my post, Jurre...but that doesn't mean you need to be rude. And I would say it is a bug, since sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I'll rephrase. Since the grapple doesn't work in the time trial, I thought the golden shotgun would at least take them out so I could move on. Obviously it doesn't, even though I can get it to work in the regular game (not the time trial).

Thanks for the offer of a completed time trial download Treeble. I do know where to get those if I decide I want to go that way. I was just hoping to hear if anyone else had come across this problem.

Seafemme

Quote Originally Posted by Seafemme View Post
    Actually, it has nothing to do with inexperience. I know how to do the adrenaline dodge and it works on the centaurs. What doesn't work is the grappling of the shield even when they are stunned and holding the handle of the shield toward Lara. I may not have been specific enough in my post, Jurre...but that doesn't mean you need to be rude. And I would say it is a bug, since sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
    If you think I'm rude then you must be too, because we do the same thing: placing the blame somewhere else.

My driving instructor told me that 5% of all traffic collisions are the fault of the car... the other 95 of the driver. I guess the same pretty much goes for games and gamers. Nobody here but you seems to have this problem, so where do you think that I think that the problem lies?

I'll rephrase. Since the grapple doesn't work in the time trial, I thought the golden shotgun would at least take them out so I could move on. Obviously it doesn't, even though I can get it to work in the regular game (not the time trial).

Thanks for the offer of a completed time trial download Treeble. I do know where to get those if I decide I want to go that way. I was just hoping to hear if anyone else had come across this problem.

Seafemme
    Did you make sure you were standing close enough? the grapple only stretches so long. (sry if thats not helpfull enough, it might be just a bug, as you said.....)

Smile Centaurs bugs

Interesting logic Jurre. Using your analogy of the car...if my breaks only worked some of the time when I pushed on the pedal I would assume it was time to have my breaks fixed. As I said before, I can do it just fine in the regular game. It just doesn't work in the time trial for some reason. I'm sorry you feel it so necessary to engage in negative discourse on a bulletin board. You must be really bored.

Thanks everyone else for your input. Clearly there is a problem and I am still interested to know if anyone else playing on a Mac has had this problem. I am not interested in having an argument with anyone who has too low self esteem to be able to have a normal conversation about a problem without being an ass.

Seafemme

Okay, I read it again and now I understand what you mean with this:
    Obviously it doesn't, even though I can get it to work in the regular game (not the time trial).
    So you can calm down. Don't blame me though, people often use a bug as an excuse for there own inabilities.

Interesting logic Jurre. Using your analogy of the car...if my breaks only worked some of the time when I pushed on the pedal I would assume it was time to have my breaks fixed. As I said before, I can do it just fine in the regular game. It just doesn't work in the time trial for some reason. I'm sorry you feel it so necessary to engage in negative discourse on a bulletin board. You must be really bored.

Thanks everyone else for your input. Clearly there is a problem and I am still interested to know if anyone else playing on a Mac has had this problem. I am not interested in having an argument with anyone who has too low self esteem to be able to have a normal conversation about a problem without being an ass.

Seafemme
    O your playing on a Mac? (i mustve missed that) hmm... im sry i wish i could help. From what ive heard Mac's aren't realy gaming computers (i could be wrong) so it could be due to that. if not i have one more suggestion: try putting all the graphics to the minimum setting (like shadows on off, reflections, and so on..) then try doing it. It might work, when ever i encounterd glitches that's what i did and it ustualy worked i hope this helps , seeming how my last post didnt

Smile Centaurs bugs

Yes Golden Laurel, I'm playing on my macbook. Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, it does help to turn some of the graphics off. After the game mostly cruises right along except for some very weird specific glitches and the constant running of the fan.

Thanks for you help!
    Seafemme

Big Grin

Can i just say that i am seriously stuck on this level and there is a big time bug on it as i cant pick up the sheild that one centor has dropped and im finding it really hard killing the other, at the moment being a coward hiding lol, any hints would be greatfully recieved.

happywiccan, if you're playing on a PC and seriously stuck, you could download a savegame file and use that.
    So you can't pickup/use one of the shields? What about the other one?
    Failing that, there's a bug/glitch where you can get the centaurs to kill themselves, takes a while though. (Search through the threads to find it, it's something about swimming to the switch underneath the water.. this thread may be of use to you)