Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Pyramid

Great Pyramid

Hi,

I'm having so much trouble ascending the great pyramid where you shoot the timers. The checkpoint is right before a fight, which I have to do over and over because I keep missing the jumps afterwards. Jump onto angled ledge, backflip onto pole, swing to next pole, turn and swing to pillar, shuffle along pillar, wall-walk to other side and jump outwards to wall-walk on the next wall again... all in how long? 6 seconds or something, before the timer has expired. I can't see how it's even possible, as the camera moves around and it takes me several seconds to realign on the first pole... if I didn't already fall into the lava. I think this part is just crazy, and I'm not having fun with it any more, which is kinda the point of playing games, so... is there a cheat so I can make Lara FLY or something? Anything to get me past this really annoying part. Thanks

Smile

You can only UNLOCK cheats by doing time trials and there isn't a fly cheat anyway.

Sorry, but you'll just have to keep playing.

Check this video out. Its hows an easier way to do it avoiding the poles so you gain some time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0OxsU6DQzA

Thank you!!! I can see I'm not the only one who has shouted at my screen at this part! I'm glad I can do it without resorting to cheats Thanks again!

Don't cheat! you only cheat when you have already beat the game!

That part of the game, as hard as it is from the start, it ends up being easy, just take your time when killing the harpies and when time comes, shoot the targets with your pistols.. Then. Jumpity jump jump! It gives you at least a minute before everything departs and makes Lara fall to her death.
    Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
    My.DeviantArt

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Goar View Post
    It gives you at least a minute before everything departs and makes Lara fall to her death.
    Huh? Not sure what version you're playing, but it gives much much less than that.

Meh..

I should 've re-phrased that.. Too lazy, now. XD
    Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
    My.DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Goar View Post
    It gives you at least a minute before everything departs and makes Lara fall to her death.
    this must be man minutes and not woman minutes....that explains a lot

I had to redo that part 37 times. I counted.

I kinda think it's poor design when games are so hard it's no longer fun. I didn't enjoy any part of that level at all, but atleast the awesomeness of Peru, Greece and Egypt makes well up for it

i prefer man-made environments, so i enjoyed the khazakstan level in TRL and Natla's mines. When i say man-made, i mean using modern day technology. It's more familiar IMO. But i liked the pyramid as well cos it sorta looked like the interior of a spaceship. Greece was good as well.

slowly working my way around and feeling mighty frustrating. Guns won't target enemies, grapple sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, puzzles seem a little to quick by about 2-3 seconds, and the jumping really has no sense to it....

I must have severe cantquititis, because I can't believe I keep playing

I'm having difficulties with this level too. I can't get her to swing fast enough. I have seen the video with the 'quicker' way (what a laugh) but I can't do that either. If I do manage to get her to grapple she keeps swinging so I can't move up the wall a bit. And I can't get her momentum going again...

I will keep going with those pesky poles me thinks.

try skipping the first step and jump directly to the wall-run. it worked for me.

Yeah it's not a minute at all, it's 19 seconds (according to the walkthrough at TRC). Feels a lot shorter though.

Quote Originally Posted by Capkeez View Post
    try skipping the first step and jump directly to the wall-run. it worked for me.
    Yeah thats the video I posted which I got of the TRC website. It is possible.

Wall runs are what I'm worst at. I've tried doing that and still can't do it. (

I wonder if anyone made it through using the poles...I finally got the wall run after 60-11 tries. Now I am stuck at the next phase...love how the fire bombs smack you just THAT close to the edge of the ledge...which you can't see. As much fun as the guns keep focusing on the switches and not the enemies. I can see this last phase is gonna suck, it's giving me carpal tunnel doing this over and over again

I bet the 6 year old got it in one try though!!

Hey I managed it on like my third or fourth try, yeah it was hard, but not THAT hard. Did you make sure you shot the switch so the circle of light round the switch went back to full again?

Quote Originally Posted by Rai004 View Post
    Wall runs are what I'm worst at. I've tried doing that and still can't do it. (
    The best thing you can do is go to croft manor and practise in the gym until your perfect!!

Unhappy

Can anyone tell me...have you managed to do this jump using mouse and keyboard on the PC, either the short cut or the proper way?

I'm an average gamer who has completed all the TR games several times, but I simply cannot do this!

I've actually tried for days, over 100 attempts! The short cut maybe one time in ten i can grapple and even if i make it to the small ledge there is no time. Is it possible to shoot the target again from this ledge?

I've never had a jump that I cannot do, but this time...I'm just not enjoying it...and I thought the point of a game was enjoyment.

This has turned a great game into a great disapointment for me.

I'm not privy to what you have already done or know exactly where you are, but after shooting the harpies, did you shoot the target again to reset the time.

Smile

Thanks for the reply! Acually, I did that yes...but..

I JUST FINALLY DID IT!

And the proper way not the short cut... will make sure I save properly!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrdarkness View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Acually, I did that yes...but..

I JUST FINALLY DID IT!

And the proper way not the short cut... will make sure I save properly!!!!!

I bet you feel good now

I cheated and felt pretty good about that. When games stop being fun they lose their point, I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast