Thread: error message

Question error message

I've just bought Tomb Raider: Legend and I have a small problem: when I press the Install button the following error message appears:
    "Tomb Raider: Legend can only be played on a PC that supports the SSE instructions set, which isn't supported on your PC. Please read the Readme.rtf or contact Eidos technical support."

What can I do to solve this?

What machine do you have? Are you sure it meets the minimum system requirements?

Quote Originally Posted by user00
    What can I do to solve this?
    You need a CPU with SSE support, which would be an Intel Pentium 3 and up or an AMD Athlon XP and up.

I'm afraid you can't play this game on an older machine.

np: New Order - Morning Night & Day (Waiting For The Sirens' Call)

I have:

*AMD Athlon 1.1. GHz
    *512 MB of RAM
    *Windows XP SP 2
    *Graphic Card: ATI Radeon 9200 64 MB
    *Integrated Sound Card
    *DirectX 9.0c
    *Hard Drive space available: 12 GB

If I see the minimum requirements, my computer can execute this game, but for a reason I don't know I have this error message.

It can not unfortunately. AMD Athlon is below minimum spec. (As you can see it requires Athlon XP minimum).

then... is there any way to download something to make it run? If I overlock my PC, could the game work then?

Quote Originally Posted by user00
    then... is there any way to download something to make it run? If I overlock my PC, could the game work then?
    Without soldering on the several hundred-thousand to several million transistors that make up the SSE unit - no.

I believe buying a new CPU is cheaper than that, and it won't void your warranty like the beforementioned procedure or overclocking probably would...

It does say "Athlon XP" (note the "XP") on the game's box, after all...

np: New Order - Morning Night & Day (Waiting For The Sirens' Call)

TR Legend with Athlon processor

Hello,

You can run TR legend with an AMD ATHLON processor, you have to download tr legend patch 1.1 and it should correct the error message saying that your system doesn't support SSE.