Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That Good Old TR Feeling

Cool That Good Old TR Feeling

In TR9 where Lara was trapped in the Shack and the Fire was starting to get closer, i was expecting Lara to Burst into Flames like in the Classics as an Easter Egg. There were many place where Lara jumps into Fire, but she doesent burst into Flames.

(click image to enlarge)

I hope for a Death Scene in TR10 where Lara swims in Water when all of a sudden she is attacked by Piranhas, where we need to find Bait for them so Lara can swim freely and quickly past them.

(click image to enlarge)

I want us to find an Underground Tunnel by Digging a Hole with a Shovel like in TR4 Or when we find a Treasure Map, we can use the Clues on the Map and Dig out the Treasure

I want to be able to move dead bodies around if its covering a Hole into a Wall or use an Object or a Dead Body to Trigger a Device that Opens a Door or Activates a Trap.

I miss the old Push and Pull Blocks, well at least we got the Secret Chime as an Easter Egg.

I want Lara to use the Bow in TR2 where we shoot it onto the Roof over a Chasm with a Rope dangling down, then we swing over to the other side.

I want Lara to use Monkey Bars again.

I hope that in the End of TR2 Lara stands at the Edge of a Mountain Ledge with the Camera at her back, then it swings around giving that panoramic view while it goes close to her Face, then Lara should say: Dont you think you've seen enough with the Camera suddenly pulling back and Lara whipping out her Pistols and takes a Shot at us with the Screen going Black and have the Words. The End.

there is always the wishlist
    signature image

Daventry, there is no need to delete your thread, what Metal means is that you shouldn't forget to post your wishes in the official wishlist as well.

No problem to start a dedicated themed thread like this

Love the piranha death pic, BTW. Would really like to see that in TR10, myself

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

that ending sounds amazing. but id like it more as like an alternate ending or something.

lol, that dead Lara, or whomever with the Parana looking like it's coming out of her chest -- that's some seriously grade A horror-stuff right there. Creeping the heck out of me

Big Grin

Thats a Corpse of some guy with the Piranha coming out of he's chest and in the Classics it was all 2D, yet now we see it in 3D, has Square gone Mad with TR2013, Nope they are Surprisingly on the right track, just have an Optional Setting for the Swearing of Lara and the Characters to be Turned off though

Wanna hear the funny part about Core Design and TR3, apparently they made the Blood Pink because it was deemed too Violent

Ah yes, pink blood in videogames and blue blood in female hygiene product commercials. Makes it soooo much better

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Cool

I hope we get to ride a Minecart again, then at the end, we get a Cutscene, similar to TR4

ROTTR CutScene Sequence:

After Lara’s Minecart ride, she stops at the end of the road while witnessing a Gruesome Scene of Blood with an Arm.

She gets off and expects the arm when a Growl in the distance is heard.

Lara pulls out her Gun to Investigate the Shadowy area when she noticed in the dark, Red Glowing Eyes.

Suddenly the Tunnel starts to collapse with the Glowing Eyes moving away, thus Lara lights a Flare and the Scene Ends.

(click image to enlarge)

I always had a bit of a chuckle when Lara pull/pushed one of those stone blocks. They must have weighed a good tonne or so.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by darksaiyan View Post
    I always had a bit of a chuckle when Lara pull/pushed one of those stone blocks. They must have weighed a good tonne or so.

me too. already in factories pushing or pulling a very heavy object on a pallet jack was already difficult enough. damn, i can roll that damn thing and its still heavy. but lara, just moves it like its made out of thin wood or some lite material.
    signature image

I don't know - that "old TR feeling" basically strips the game of any significant reality. Moving two tonne blocks around, bursting into flames, walking around like a tank, breaking the fourth wall... it really just does not do it for me.
    signature image

Cool

Hoping Lara will Swim in ROTTR

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by daventry View Post
    Hoping Lara will Swim in ROTTR
    i think we all hope this will be the case.
    signature image

Cool

Kill that Bear, i guess this will be a QTE in witch i hope it wont happen.

(click image to enlarge)

Guys, for posting / quoting large images on the forum, please use the THUMB code to prevent the forum layout from stetching out. Click here to see how to use it, or you can use my automated forum thumbnailer tool.

Why not the end of the Rise of the Tomb Raider is the begining of this CG trailer of TR Anniversary:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu44SKM2C7g
    ) I think it would be cool.

(click image to enlarge)
    Yeehaa! Now that's what I call riding bearback!
    signature image

OH MY GAAAWD

Quote Originally Posted by darksaiyan View Post
    I don't know - that "old TR feeling" basically strips the game of any significant reality. Moving two tonne blocks around, bursting into flames, walking around like a tank, breaking the fourth wall... it really just does not do it for me.
    Uhhh, those are all the things that made tomb raider a household name :P
    Todays the series focuses less on action and adventure and more on sense of self through emotional development. Not very fun to me or most gamers, but at least you like it, its good there is an audience for those types of games.

P.S.- Id really really like if Lra becomes friends with a bear maybe through Sam's new psychic powers to tame animals Lara can ride the bear at times. not all the time because Sam would become weak but sometimes since Sam has residual psychic powers leftover from her experience.

^ How can you say it's not fun for most gamers? You can't know that... The Walking Dead was a game of the year specifically for its emotional story and I think gamers vote for it, right? And there were tons of action (people even complain about it) and adventure in the new game, in every game.

And I don't know, moving blocks and bursting into flames isn't what makes Tomb Raider Tomb raider for me. It is the exploration, story, mythology, ancient artifacts and gods/people of power, Lara's knowledge and research (especially geekiness in the latest installment) about it all, her relationship to various people and her attitude towards them... And those things still stand today, IMO.
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by BridgetFisher View Post
    Uhhh, those are all the things that made tomb raider a household name :P
    And then games grew up.

True about the action overriding the exploration, it was a common complaint. They listened (apparently) and that's what you'll get this time around.

I saw TR2013 as the origin story - you know, the one you never got for the original series - which brings forth the hard-butt that she is known as.

As for the bow... Bows are cool.
    signature image

Yeah, just because TR2013 was in the middle of a wave of "reboots and origin stories" doesn't mean it's a bad thing... TR needed a reboot, needed something fresh in order to stay in the game, and I think it was done wonderfully without changing what TR is.
    signature image

Big Grin

We need a Kayak Ride down the river again

(click image to enlarge)

We need a Kayak Ride down the river again

(click image to enlarge)
    Except that it would be a heavily automated, single button pushing event instead of a hands-on, skill-of-the-gamer activity.

I thought you were against vehicles, daventry, especially since you said they were clunky
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast