Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: How the trailer fits the game?

How the trailer fits the game?

How the trailer fits the game?

Is it still possible to finish game 100% human? I think that Dugas mentioned that it will be possible, as well as finishing the game without a single takedown including "some critical enemies". So? How is it gonna be?
    Augmented Edition of Human Revolution

Well him losing his arms or whatever is part of the storyline. I guess it's after that point you can choose to not be augmented further.

:/ well, that means i can't finish 100% pure...

Originally Posted by Decay
    :/ well, that means i can't finish 100% pure...
    I imagine many people in the game (based on all they're discussing regarding transhumanism) revolves around a sort of "racism" towards augmented people (kind of how everyone hate X-men) and having to do all the dialogue in the game for the few people that didn't use the awesome augs just wouldn't be doable.

To be honest, the only reason I would ever go through the game without augs is if it changes something in some way, or there's an achievement for it. :P

Originally Posted by ShadowXOR
    having to do all the dialogue in the game for the few people that didn't use the awesome augs just wouldn't be doable.
    It's doable, but they probably can't be bothered to do it. I know that it would be a huge amount of work. It would be nice if a developer actually went through all that trouble in this day and age.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Originally Posted by Irate Iguana
    It's doable, but they probably can't be bothered to do it. I know that it would be a huge amount of work. It would be nice if a developer actually went through all that trouble in this day and age.
    Even if they could I don't think they should. I'd rather them make more content that everyone would experience than make a ton of special content for an option that VERY few people will take. It's a waste of resources.

Like when WoW raids were so hard only 1% of the community was even getting a chance to experience the content they thought damn, this is stupid. And they designed it so the majority of people would be able to reach that content.

And sure the majority of people COULD play the game without augs, but most wouldn't want to, like me. I enjoy running fast, jumping high, and the benefits they offer.

If the game sports only a fraction of the replayablity DX1 offered, a "no aug"-run will become a classic second or third playthrough option.

Originally Posted by Irate Iguana
    If transhumanism and choices and consequences have any meaning in this game it should be an option.
    Apparently there are people who think the best way to make
    a prequel is to contradict the thing to which it is a prequel.

Originally Posted by -=fox=-
    If the game sports only a fraction of the replayablity DX1 offered, a "no aug"-run will become a classic second or third playthrough option.
    For the vast minority of people that purchase the game. Sure they're the hardcore fans, but realistically I would be stunned if 1% of all sales made a no-aug run, and that just doesn't make financial sense to cater towards that.

(I read your other post but stand by my opinion. We agree to disagree.)

Even if they could I don't think they should. I'd rather them make more content that everyone would experience than make a ton of special content for an option that VERY few people will take. It's a waste of resources.
    Deus Ex had a ton of dialog for options that most wouldn't even consider. I still found new stuff after my ninth playthrough. That dialog added to the feel of freedom that the game offered. I'd like to see that return in DX:HR.

If you start to edit out stuff because few players will see it you've got to be careful. Before you know it you are editing out everything and reducing players options to almost nothing.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

For the vast minority of people that purchase the game. Sure they're the hardcore fans, but realistically I would be stunned if 1% of all sales made a no-aug run, and that just doesn't make financial sense to cater towards that.

(I read your other post but stand by my opinion. We agree to disagree.)
    Nonetheless, you have a very wrong attitude there... This kind of attention to detail, this form of freedom is what makes or breaks a Deus Ex game and it will have a serious impact on the longevity of the entire franchise as well as on the long term sales of this particular title.

Nonetheless, you have a very wrong attitude there... This kind of attention to detail, this form of freedom is what makes or breaks a Deus Ex game and it will have a serious impact on the longevity of the entire franchise as well as on the long term sales of this particular title.
    I disagree. I think multiple options and decisions for each problem makes Deus Ex, which includes branching dialogue and optional quests everyone has the opportunity to see regardless of how they choose to play the game with their character. However the character being augmented/not augmented would change huge portions of dialogue over the entire game and would be too much work for little payoff IMO.

Regardless, he has augs at the very beginning of the game so none of this is an option anyway.

The entire plot is going to be about pro- or contra augs so it would make perfect sense to include that option and I can see myself interested in using it but that's just my opinion.

Regardless, he has augs at the very beginning of the game so none of this is an option anyway.
    Yeah, that kind of confuses me.

The entire plot is going to be about pro- or contra augs so it would make perfect sense to include that option and I can see myself interested in using it but that's just my opinion.

Yeah, that kind of confuses me.
    Perhaps his augs were a live or die kind of thing. Like if he doesn't get them, he's useless (or dead).

Also, I remember them saying he doesn't even know who gave him such high quality augs or why, so he may not even have had a choice and that could be a large factor in the story whether he is against it and chooses against further modification, or embraces it.

Plus I think they want the character to be the victim of some of the "racism" against augmented people which is probably why you begin with mods so you can see it from an augmented person's point of view.

IIRC, somebody within the dev team said that you'd play for about 30 minutes prior to any real gunfight - remember that's here where you get injured and need augs.

But I believe I read somewhere else that you would start WITHOUT agus.

Originally Posted by Cmd_lupin
    IIRC, somebody within the dev team said that you'd play for about 30 minutes prior to any real gunfight - remember that's here where you get injured and need augs.

Well regardless from what we know his initial augs, will not be optional and are part of the story.

Originally Posted by Cmd_lupin
    Yes, in the FAQs:

You, playing as Adam, are all-human, all organic.... for now, that is. You start pure, but as the story unfolds you are forced to augment yourself in order to survive and achieve objectives.

Adam has a history leading up to the events that start the game, so his background is well fleshed out and we will learn more about him and his past, and his future, as the game progresses.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

It would be very Deus Ex-like for the devs to sneak in an alternate path right at the very beginning, where you could avoid the injury and never be augmented in the first place.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

That and having the possibility to augment AJ whenever the player wants (or only at some points in the game) would make the game a bit more RPGish.
    The "problem" is that we probably would only see this game in 2012 forward.

Man that sucks. Transhumanism is neither interesting nor relevant to anyone except philosophers (rather the emotional problems behind it are interesting, and everyday issues like the acceptance of augs in sports), but if you can't even choose to augment yourself or not, it is no theme or idea that needs exploration. It is a fact.
    Apparently there are people who think the best way to make
    a prequel is to contradict the thing to which it is a prequel.

I believe they stated that you wouldn't see everything the game has to offer on one playthrough. To aug or not to aug seems a nice way (and probably isn't the only way they would use) they could implement it. If I like to augment the character I could always ignore the purist route. It may take extra time to develop but I personally don't have a problem with it.

I'd love to be able to play as a complete human, and yell nasty things and throw bottles at the cyborg types, but that's probably just me.
    I doubt it will be an option... It does look like cigarettes and beer will be in the game too. Hopefully zyme will return or other drugs will play a part.
    A good ammount of vice and the ability to use, and be affected by it, adds a good ammount of gritty realism to any game.

Originally Posted by IOOI
    That and having the possibility to augment AJ whenever the player wants (or only at some points in the game) would make the game a bit more RPGish.
    The "problem" is that we probably would only see this game in 2012 forward.
    Wow I never realized his initials were AJ. I really hope people call him Adam and not AJ...I hate when people are called AJ...it's just stupid.

Agreed, AJ is far too Backstreet Boys.

Originally Posted by Jima B
    I'd love to be able to play as a complete human, and yell nasty things and throw bottles at the cyborg types, but that's probably just me.
    Nope, me too

Page 1 of 2 12 Last