Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Deus Ex Forum Meetup

Deus Ex Forum Meetup

Deus Ex Forum Meetup

Because I love you guys, when I win the lottery (hopefully soon) I'll pay for everyone to fly to a hotel somewhere and we have a meet up.

But I'm paying so I make the rules.

Everyone must wear a balaclava and contact each other through text only so that perceptions of other members are not ruined. Like, I even though I know what half of the active members here look like, I don't know what they actually sound like... You get my drift?

Cool. Will update when I win lottery.

(click image to enlarge)

I sound obnoxious and have a slight lisp.

Now you know what I sound like, part of your plan is ruined.

I speak only in Barry White imitations. There is no hope for this plan. In seriousness though, a fan meet-up at EM did happen once, and though forum attendance was a bit limited that time, one fellow baked and brought an insane number of cookies.

No such thing as an insane number of cookies. Wasn't there an insanely large cookie in that batch, though?

I'm down with the balaclava. The fact that it's currently -34 Celsius outside finally gives me an excuse to wear mine without being conspicuous, or on skis.

So...what is everyone doing this week-end? =P
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

Originally Posted by FrankCSIS
    No such thing as an insane number of cookies. Wasn't there an insanely large cookie in that batch, though?

I'm down with the balaclava. The fact that it's currently -34 Celsius outside finally gives me an excuse to wear mine without being conspicuous, or on skis.

So...what is everyone doing this week-end? =P
    My weekend is free. Don't think I'm on-board with driving up there just yet though, it's nearly -18°C/0°F here and I'm not looking forward to going even lower.

Yeah there was a giant cookie, he gave it to Stephane D'Astous.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

How about California then? Anyone can host? I've been actively dreaming all week I was back in San Diego.
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

How about you all pop over to Oxford and we have a great big snowball fight around the colleges :P

I second the vote for Oxford, that's within easy enough driving distance for me.

I naturally speak in reasonably middle class English, but during this meet I will choose to speak only in the voice of Latka, Andy Kaufman's character in Taxi.

Why wasn't this suggested two months ago while I was in London

but during this meet I will choose to speak only in the voice of Latka, Andy Kaufman's character in Taxi.
    For a minute there, I was worried we were talking about Lloyd Kaufman.

If you don't speak in received pronunciation then I'm not going to talk to you

Lets make a UNATCOcon! I think the cheapest city to get to with a plane, if you live in Europe, is Milan! Lets make this happen! I wanna try my JC cosplay!

Ey lad, I'll meet yer in the Shrew for a bevy like.

I spreken in Sonic voice, naturally.

"Gotta juice!!!"
    Play games for the story

I had someone say more or less the same thing to me about a pub called "The Shrewsbury" when I went to Chester, which mildly confused me because I lived in Shrewsbury at the time.

*sigh*

Originally Posted by El_Bel
    Lets make a UNATCOcon! I think the cheapest city to get to with a plane, if you live in Europe, is Milan! Lets make this happen! I wanna try my JC cosplay!
    Don't you mean...UNATCon?

Originally Posted by spyhopping
    I had someone say more or less the same thing to me about a pub called "The Shrewsbury" when I went to Chester, which mildly confused me because I lived in Shrewsbury at the time.
    It's all about the Shrew! xD If you don't Shrews, you lose!

Originally Posted by AlexOfSpades
    *sigh*
    Sound kid, I'll bring you along on Skype! lol
    Play games for the story

Originally Posted by Jerion
    Um. Actually, UNATCod

what if my face is a balaclava?

(click image to enlarge)

Hey JCpie, shoot me a pm once you won. Can I fly business class? It's going to be an awfully long flight, you know.

Originally Posted by Jerion
    Oh yeah, i'm terrible with names!

It's going to be an awfully long flight, you know
    I suspect the plane is just going to fly in circles forever, awaiting consensus on final destination.

Which brings the possibility of a plane meet-up. Realistically though, we'd all be in different planes at the same time.

I feel there's a script for an X Files episode somewhere in there.

I suspect the plane is just going to fly in circles forever, awaiting consensus on final destination.

Which brings the possibility of a plane meet-up. Realistically though, we'd all be in different planes at the same time.

I feel there's a script for an X Files episode somewhere in there.
    One special agent must rise above the rest, an every-person who augments him or herself with the decisiveness of leadership, daring to uncover a vast, global conspiracy against meetings and tear it apart from the inside only to find themselves faced with a choice, where no options are truly good but one above the others might do what needs to be done...to save the community from itself.

Originally Posted by -=fox=-
    Hey JCpie, shoot me a pm once you won. Can I fly business class? It's going to be an awfully long flight, you know.
    Everyone except you gets business class.

Don't worry! We just copy the totally logical intro scene of The Dark Knight Rises where the terrorists have to almost get themselves killed to show off by hijacking a plane with another plane in mid-flight.

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by JCpie
    Everyone except you gets business class.
    Aw, I feel so special now. First class is going to be awesome!

Fan meetup? I want to believe! I hear Amsterdam's great in the summer.
    Ilves @ Blogger
    Partial Volume @ Tumblr

Page 1 of 2 12 Last